• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So in 4.5 hours with the Buff, I went from Rank 1 to Rank 5
Traded in Yesterdays + Today Bounties for IB
Shader + Emblem + Class Mark/Item

I think I went 50% on wins and losses, roughly 20+ games
Was worth it, now to farm glimmer to net myself 3 Snipers & an Assault Rifle

Deku Tree

So in 4.5 hours with the Buff, I went from Rank 1 to Rank 5
Traded in Yesterdays + Today Bounties for IB
Shader + Emblem + Class Mark/Item

I think I went 50% on wins and losses, roughly 20+ games
Was worth it, now to farm glimmer to net myself 3 Snipers & an Assault Rifle

Wait only 20+ games got you to rank 5 from zeo rep? Does the shader come with a rep buff?

Wow that stinks. One flawless bug disappears and another pops up in its place.

Well lets see how it goes later tonight. The situation that occurred for us appears a little different from other people. The Templar spontaneous combusted and no one was detained. I know other groups have finish it post patch, so lets play it by ear. Its the jumping section that matters :p
edit: maybe its wishful thinking but who knows :p

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Think they're giving out the MIDA like candy now. Swear I heard every other person I ran into during patrol firing one today. Or it might be that they upgraded their old one recently since Xur offered it.
I have seen a bunch of exotics drop in IB actually. One guy got Truth as well from that game.

I am just gonna do IB till reset and hope for a GHorn drop. Won't happen but meh.

Deku Tree

Well lets see how it goes later tonight. The situation that occurred for us appears a little different from other people. The Templar spontaneous combusted and no one was detained. I know other groups have finish it post patch, so lets play it by ear. Its the jumping section that matters :p

I completely agree. That's a lot for helping us! I will be on for more attempts at the same time 9pm est. If the people who were shaky with thei jumps practice and get that down and no other mistakes then we can certainly get it done.

Wait only 20+ games got you to rank 5 from zeo rep? Does the shader come with a rep buff?

Shader, emblem, and class armor all come with 10% rep buff each (or at least they did last IB). I'd be up for a little IB today if enough people are around for it.

Are the sniper or AR from this IB any good?

Sofa King

Thinking that this would pretty much be the perfect Xur week for selling Godhorn being Christmas and all. Then I remember that this is Bungie, so we will get Truth again.

Straid

Great -_-

omndLl3.jpg

I got one as a reward of a roc strike yesterday, just a few hours after powering up my old one.

Namikaze1

Thinking that this would pretty much be the perfect Xur week for selling Godhorn being Christmas and all. Then I remember that this is Bungie, so we will get Truth again.
Selling? Nah, Bungie will have some other weapon up for sale instead. Upgrading? They better have it or else.

Selling? Nah, Bungie will have some other weapon up for sale instead. Upgrading? They better have it or else.

Yeah, this is what I'm banking on also. If they really want to throw an Xmas bone, it will be GH upgrade with some DLC weapon like Dragon's Breath.

Does anyone have a Gorgon checkpoint?

Pretty sure I still have hard Gorgons CP. Just doing a Roc now then can load it up if you want.

gdt

Yeah, this is what I'm banking on also. If they really want to throw an Xmas bone, it will be GH upgrade with some DLC weapon like Dragon's Breath.

Pretty sure I still have hard Gorgons CP. Just doing a Roc now then can load it up if you want.

Oh thanks man I would appreciate that.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Wow I got lucky on my Motes of Light it only took 5 rolls (10 total) for me to get the best Void version possible

I forgot I have a Legendary 331 Arc already, so only need to buy one more so I can get the optimal Solar version
Then I'll have 3 Legendary Snipers with each element @331

Grabbing the AR for fun, I mean almost getting a free 331 weapon without burning marks is cool in my books
Hoping my Hunter could get me a Jolder's Hammer or Timur's Lash 331, that would be awesome

Jrmint

I got one as a reward of a roc strike yesterday, just a few hours after powering up my old one.
I don't understand why everyone is so down on the MIDA. It's a really good scout rifle, and with the buff it staggers on basically every single bullet.

Deku Tree

I don't understand why everyone is so down on the MIDA. It's a really good scout rifle, and with the buff it staggers on basically every single bullet.

It is a fantastic scout rifle. People just would rather equip Icebreaker or GHorn and people don't like pulling the trigger so much IMO.

I wouldnt mind that, whats your psn?

DrDrizzay101. In there now.

Edit: People can feel free to join multiple times on alts if they want to grab the chests. Also feel free to kiss a Gorgon if you want to wipe and make sure to save the CP. (although I guess we have to wipe anytime someone loads in since this is hard mode w/o revives...)

SAiLO

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS TO ME BITCHES!

ASDFGHJKL:LKJHGFDSA!

Zt6TeZP.jpg

FUCK ME SIDEWAYS and call me a Turnover!

Haha Saltiness Overload:
UbOqaB8.jpg

Nice one! Welcome to the club.

Upto 600+ hours and still never gotten an exotic out of a legendary engram...smh. I swear some accounts have an affinity towards drops of certain kinds. RNG is BS.

I've thought about this, and several other theories based on anecdotal evidence and others' experience. It certainly doesn't seem to be simply "RNG", at least in some areas. Would love to see the numbers/intelligence behind it. Would probably just piss me off more lol.

SAiLO

GAF what do I do? I already have Thorn, Bad Juju. and Invective. Do I just abandon the quest or if I was masochistic enough to do the bounties again would I get a second copy?

Invective bounty is the easiest one out of three. You will get the upgraded version of the exotic weapon and if you don't need it just shard it.

shem935

Banned

Best scout rifle in the game and my go to exotic right now. No icebreaker or galla.

E92 M3

Grave, congrats on the Ghorn! Must have been very exciting.

Personally, the feedback of the weapon feels off and it's not fun to shoot. That's why I don't use it.

Shito

The legendary vanguard scout rifle that was being sold pre-DLC was better than the MIDA is. Better impact and Firefly. Hard to top. I have two of those, and I much prefer them to the MIDA. And it frees up an exotic slot.
The MIDA is really useful for soloing that first CE phase, though. <3

SAiLO

Agreed. Upgraded it at Xur's this weekend and definitely happy with the gun.

So I have this Crota checkpoint and no one to do it with on ps4. I'd love to put the bastard down again and today is the last day to do it. Experienced or not, I'm in need of 5, have I got any takers? Just quote this post and I'll start adding you until we got a full team. My PSN is blewjayy.

Hzoltan69

So I have this Crota checkpoint and no one to do it with on ps4. I'd love to put the bastard down again and today is the last day to do it. Experienced or not, I'm in need of 5, have I got any takers? Just quote this post and I'll start adding you until we got a full team. My PSN is blewjayy.

I'm down, if we can get some experienced people together. PSN: Hzoltan969

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Zt6TeZP.jpg

Haha Saltiness Overload:
UbOqaB8.jpg

Nice and congrats on the G'Horn. This is even funnier for me because I know Shrug from another forum. Gonna go twist the knife a bit.

EL CUCO

Zt6TeZP.jpg

Haha Saltiness Overload:
UbOqaB8.jpg
6kDLVPM.jpg

Top Bottom