• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Always good to hear a happy VoG newbie story. Almost every raid I run has people from multiple countries, usually 3 or more. Lag happens sometimes but it doesn't seem based really on participant locations, usually lag is a non-issue while raiding.

That raid scout rifle is called Vision of Confluence, still one of the best weapons in the game even at 300 attack. Great gun for the new raid too.

Edit: Just realized our reset raid will have 4 counties. America x3, Canada, Belgium and UK.

Good to hear. That was alot of effort. I am on holidays, if it wasnt for that I wouldn't have had the time. Only just eating my first piece of food for today now, at dinner time lol.

Hopefully on Wednesday when I run it again after reset it will go smoother.

Good to hear. That was alot of effort. I am on holidays, if it wasnt for that I wouldn't have had the time. Only just eating my first piece of food for today now, at dinner time lol.

Hopefully on Wednesday when I run it again after reset it will go smoother.

haha yeah I've lost weight since Destiny came out, that's for sure. Don't worry too much about the time investment, future runs will take much less time with a decent team. It's best to run it blind initially like you did, but a typical VoG run takes ~45 minutes, even on hard mode if you have an experienced team.

Still cant beleive I havent gotten shit from Iron Banner yet.

Ånd apparently Twilight gap is the only map in rotation.

ugh i hate this map so much. all of the lanes feel so limited and the sightlines are so awkward. played this match on it just now i was doing terrible for 90% of it. running into supers, missing shots, being outsmarted, list goes on and it felt like i was going to go negative. felt like the match was doomed the moment it started: i threw a tripmine grenade and a titan threw a lightning grenade. they collided midair and of course i'm the one who ends up being killed. was downhill from that as i was shotgunned and hulk smashed by the top 3 on their team in every corner.

FNzQC5E.jpg

we cameback in the last minute and won somehow though. i'm gonna have to give that one to my teammates.

Jinjo

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS TO ME BITCHES!

ASDFGHJKL:LKJHGFDSA!

Zt6TeZP.jpg

FUCK ME SIDEWAYS and call me a Turnover!

Haha Saltiness Overload:
UbOqaB8.jpg

I feel ShrugOfAtlas voiced my thoughts exactly.

It is as good as everyone says it is. I can't imagine how good the 331 attack version is.

TP-DK

ugh i hate this map so much. all of the lanes feel so limited and the sightlines are so awkward. played this match on it just now i was doing terrible for 90% of it. running into supers, missing shots, being outsmarted, list goes on and it felt like i was going to go negative. felt like the match was doomed the moment it started: i threw a tripmine grenade and a titan threw a lightning grenade. they collided midair and of course i'm the one who ends up being killed. was downhill from that as i was shotgunned and hulk smashed by the top 3 on their team in every corner.

we cameback in the last minute and won somehow though. i'm gonna have to give that one to my teammates.

I cant stand it either, I'd rather play Bastion. But 3 out of 5 matches are on that crappy map. I actually think its the worst map I have ever played in a fps.

Namikaze1

Dear Santa Xur,

All I want for Christmas is the chance to upgrade my OG Gjallarhorn and maybe Hawkmoon. But if you can only do one, please let it be Gjallarhorn. I've been a good boy these past 3 months. Sure I made fun of fig's hunter and Todd's lack of heart of Praxic fire, dismantled 4 Hawkmoons (or was it 5? Can't remember), cussed out anyone who gotten the Husk in under an hour, and complained about Bungie's nerfs/patches but who hasn't? Okay, maybe some didn't spend 12 hours on getting the Husk or dismantled 4-5 Hawkmoons but you get the point.

Bogeypop

You can get an exotic shard a second copy, yes.

Ooh a shard, didn't think of that. That's actually not a bad idea, my Ice Breaker 2.0 needs to be at it's maximum damage. But I don't think I want to put myself through that torture again, so abandoning the quest it is.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Ooh a shard, didn't think of that. That's actually not a bad idea, my IceBreaker needs to be at it's true majesty. But I don't think I want to put myself through that torture again, so abandoning the quest it is.

I have 9 Exotic Bounties running on all 3 my characters, working slowly, no rush
3 Bad Jujus, 3 Invective, 3 Thorns
Crazy how fast I get them now, I just slowly get them done and and level up max, get 2 shards
Already have 3 Invective stockpiled on each char leveling them up slowly, max, break, get new repeat!

I feel ShrugOfAtlas voiced my thoughts exactly.

It is as good as everyone says it is. I can't imagine how good the 331 attack version is.

I wouldn't feel too bad, 300 GH is still the 2nd best pve weapon in the game. Xur will bring the upgrade eventually. Maybe.

GraveRobberX

Ugh...

600 Points away from IB Rank 5, =/

Need those wins bad or 5 losses then a win

outsida

I think they upped the drop rate of Gjallarhorn. I got one from the IB yesterday. Now I just helped someone with a level 27 through the nightfall and his character got one. Fret not my Gjallahorn'less friends your time shall come.

Bogeypop

I have 9 Exotic Bounties running on all 3 my characters, working slowly, no rush
3 Bad Jujus, 3 Invective, 3 Thorns
Crazy how fast I get them now, I just slowly get them done and and level up max, get 2 shards
Already have 3 Invective stockpiled on each char leveling them up slowly, max, break, get new repeat!

I unfortunately vehemently despise the PvP in this game (though I think a huge part of that is how I feel the worse your connection is the better you'll do in PvP) which is a shame since Halo 2 multiplayer was one of the factors that convinced me to buy an original Xbox. If it was say, a 2nd Pocket Infinity or something then I'd do the bounty just for the shard.

Actually now that I think of it I got lucky that a nice GAFer gave a heads up on the Gunsmith selling blue Fusion Rifles yesterday, so I don't know if I'd even want to do that bounty

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS TO ME BITCHES!

Hahaha. My exact reaction when Vex dropped in VOG the other day.

Steroyd

GAF what do I do? I already have Thorn, Bad Juju. and Invective. Do I just abandon the quest or if I was masochistic enough to do the bounties again would I get a second copy?

Probably too late but Invective is the most painless and quickest of the exotic bounties to farm for exotic shards, 50 special ammo and a 25 kill death spread are the only real roadblocks.

GraveRobberX

OMFG I was on fire and a dumbass at the same time on IB

Went apeshit with kills, but kept killing myself by suiciding all over the place

Recorded it, my VoC and Headshots, Yummy!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I think they upped the drop rate of Gjallarhorn. I got one from the IB yesterday. Now I just helped someone with a lebel 27 through the nightfall and his character got one. Fret not my Gjallahorn'less friends your time shall come.
Yeah, after everyone stops playing the game :lol

Ambitious

The same three exotic bounties the fourth time in a row? Oh come the fuck on.

edit:
GAF what do I do? I already have Thorn, Bad Juju. and Invective. Do I just abandon the quest or if I was masochistic enough to do the bounties again would I get a second copy?

Yes, these are the ones I'm talking about.

Probably too late but Invective is the most painless and quickest of the exotic bounties to farm for exotic shards, 50 special ammo and a 25 kill death spread are the only real roadblocks.

Invective and SGA are both super easy, basically whether you want to pay 1 strange coin for 7 strange coins (exotic shard, 14 SCs if leveled) or pay 12,500 for it (special synth).

You say that just as I finished doing mine solo...
XmFt4eF.png

Not sure if "Buried City" was a daily I forgot to do yesterday or it was today's, but I'm doing that now.

haha yeah sorry. I'll try to post if I'm ever looking to do dailies. Like anything else in this game, repeating them is much more bearable in a group.

Buried City was yesterday, The Archive is today.

Bogeypop

haha yeah sorry. I'll try to post if I'm ever looking to do dailies. Like anything else in this game, repeating them is much more bearable in a group.

Buried City was yesterday, The Archive is today.

I'm down for the Daily Heroic Story quest though, if you want to do that. Just finished "Buried City".
iMN1JNS.png
b

Also realized I forgot to finish the 20 Supers Daily, if you guys are interested in doing that. What's your PSN?

SkylineRKR

Frustrating thing about the 331 Horn is that there isn't much to practice it on. In CE its not that much more effective on over leveled Sword bearers (I still need to fire about 2). Atheon has been slapped so much that I Black Hammer him for lulz now. Besides I think VoG is capped at 300 and level 30?

Solar Burn probably isn't happening anytime soon either.

I'm down for the Daily Heroic Story quest though, if you want to do that. Just finished "Buried City".
iMN1JNS.png
b

Also realized I forgot to finish the 20 Supers Daily, if you guys are interested in doing that. What's your PSN?

We've got 3 now but I can run another one after, should take just another 2 mintues. PSN is DrDrizzay101, also if Dr_LawyerCop wants to run another ?

Deku Tree

So my group had been going for flawless raider all weekend long, but can't priceed due to a nasty glitch at the Templar. No matter what we do, one or multiple people get detained with no visible bubble, and are effectively dead. Even if the template dies before the detain kills us, it never goes away.

Anyone run into this? I've found less than a dozen different threads in the general net, so I'm not sure how common it is. Seems most people got flawless before they patched the Templar, so they likely never encountered it.

Lol read above :p

So uh just wondering for anyone who did the Templar fight, did the adds stop moving then he just spontaneous and volatile combusted?
edit: right after we took his shields down.

Don't question it.

It was the will of RNGesus.

But we need to figure this thing out properly, because it happened twice

Yeah that was crazy. The first time it happened our whole team blew up. The next time it happened the templar just blew up.

Templars shield goes down and the Adds stop moving and then someone blows up either guardians or the Templar...

We were Flawless on every part but the jumping.

Wow that stinks. One flawless bug disappears and another pops up in its place.

GraveRobberX

Frustrating thing about the 331 Horn is that there isn't much to practice it on. In CE its not that much more effective on over leveled Sword bearers (I still need to fire about 2). Atheon has been slapped so much that I Black Hammer him for lulz now. Besides I think VoG is capped at 300 and level 30?

Well your capped at the level you are @ damage wise, most likely 31
So we can only do up to level 31 damage with the 331 weapons
Guessing 32 is the sweet spot with 331, where Normal CE becomes what Normal VoG is

Bollocks

ffs, not once did a legendary engram turn into a exotic weapon.
the only time it does it gives me a second no land beyond (in 4 days).
that fucking pos weapon, fuck that game

Anyone need to glimmer farm? I have the CP.
PSN Ourobolus

Anybody know how much XP you get for killing enemy majors/yellow health bars, with the Night Fall bonus? Curious how much XP/round you get for 16 major kills on the glimmer farm. It really adds up for XP too.

Top Bottom