• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Frenden

Banned
Waiting for my wife to get home from the animal shelter she works at (one of the few gigs that requires someone work on xmas--someone has to feed the animals). She's in charge over there and wanted to save her employees from having to do it. I won't know what I got for a little longer yet!

I'm hoping for an Art of Destiny book.

EL CUCO

This is going still going on D:?

In the meantime, you can add another Guardian Lord to the OP :)
OUd6HFg.jpg

Any word from Bungie on this outage? This is crap

When will you ever play those other games?

I purchased all these games as they were released after Destiny came out:
-Shadow of Mordor
-Alien Isolation
-The Evil Within
-Bayonetta 2
-Sunset Overdrive
-Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
-Assassins Creed Unity
-Far Cry 4
-Grand Theft Auto V
-Master Chief Collection

The only ones I beat were Bayonetta 2 and Advanced Warfare. I got halfway through Shadow of Mordor and about 8 hours of game time into Sunset Overdrive then everything else I played maybe 1 hour of.

Da_Bears

Neo Member
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

I received:
Pair of slippers.
Pajama pants for those formal occasions at Wal Mart.
Chicago Bears T-Shirt
Chicago Bears desktop calendar.

Frenden

Banned
I played enough Advanced Warfare to realize I disliked the gun feel compared to Destiny and then never picked it back up. My stack of widowed games is growing too.

phen0m24

When will you ever play those other games?

I purchased all these games as they were released after Destiny came out:
-Shadow of Mordor
-Alien Isolation
-The Evil Within
-Bayonetta 2
-Sunset Overdrive
-Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
-Assassins Creed Unity
-Far Cry 4
-Grand Theft Auto V
-Master Chief Collection

The only ones I beat were Bayonetta 2 and Advanced Warfare. I got halfway through Shadow of Mordor and about 8 hours of game time into Sunset Overdrive then everything else I played maybe 1 hour of.

I'm going to put time into Rocksmith. I should have stuck with the guitar 30 years ago. :( I've already established that AW sucks. I hear Wolfenstein is amazing. Shadow of Mordor is awesome but it's open-world-ness takes away from the fun for me. I wish it were slightly more linear. I never know what I should be doing. :(

I'm with you bro I have 2+ weeks
weeks!
In Destiny.

Frenden

Banned
Chicago-born here. Texas now. Anyone else from Chicago?

Re: CoD, the last single player campaign I finished in that series was Black Ops. I just buy them for the multiplayer shooty bang bang. But, despite not really having much in the way of the objective based modes that I like, the gun feel is so much better in Destiny that I never really dug into AW.

MADGAME

Unbelievable. I was in and playing, hoping Rawr would be able to log in. I see him get on so I go to orbit and boom, power outage flash in my house and now I can't log in again.

HO HO HRRRGGGGG

I'm going to put time into Rocksmith. I should have stuck with the guitar 30 years ago. :( I've already established that AW sucks. I hear Wolfenstein is amazing. Shadow of Mordor is awesome but it's open-world-ness takes away from the fun for me. I wish it were slightly more linear. I never know what I should be doing. :(

I'm with you bro I have 2+ weeks
weeks!
In Destiny.

AW single player was a blast. Wolfenstein is my GOTY, loved the story and gunplay. I really cared about the characters.

Yeah I am at almost 1 month in Destiny :/

Deku Tree

I guess I am hard to shop for... I never ask for Videogame stuff or electronics for holidays because I already bought what I wanted in those departments anyway. Last Xmas I got eleven sweaters. Yup 11. This Xmas I asked for Amazon gift cards or cash. Now I think I'm set with buying stuff from Amazon for at least six months.

Unbelievable. I was in and playing, hoping Rawr would be able to log in. I see him get on so I go to orbit and boom, power outage flash in my house and now I can't log in again.

HO HO HRRRGGGGG

LOL sorry :p I attempted to log in. Welp you can guess how that ended up.

edit: just gonna sleep the day away until A) my sister wakes me up B) Friends come over and wake me up. Hopefully whenever I do get back on, the issues will be resolved.
edit2: leading people astray is what a #huntermasterrace would do when cloak in the gorgon maze :p

edit: just gonna sleep the day away until A) my sister wakes me up B) Friends come over and wake me up. Hopefully whenever I do get back on, the issues will be resolved.

I'll be on at 9pm EST tonight. If we are able to get on by then do you want to help me grab the gorgon chest?

I'll need the checkpoint for our Vex runs this weekened too at minimum.

Anyone else for some glimmer farming later too? Get ready for Xurmas!

Vinsanity

So it seems that I use my VoC for nearly everything. Looking for another scout. Any consensus on which is the best vendor scout? Looking mainly at the Rapier or the B-Line, but also heard good things about the Badger.

MADGAME

edit2: leading people astray is what a #huntermasterrace would do when cloak in the gorgon maze :p
Good idea, might be time for a single player game for me. TLoU Remaster it is.

Sorry to hear that man. Stinks.
Lol, frustratingly funny.

I'll be on at 9pm EST tonight. If we are able to get on by then do you want to help me grab the gorgon chest?

Yeah I will make a post whenever I am able to get on. Or if you see me in VoG by myself, just join in.

Good idea, might be time for a single player game for me. TLoU Remaster it is.

Lol, frustratingly funny.

TLoU:R is an awesome game. Youre in for a real treat if you never play the PS3 version before.

Deku Tree

I would like the CP too and I need to put some exp into my gear so that I can go to 32. And I'll be on around the same time probably slightly before 9pm est.

I hope the DDOS has subsided by then...

So it seems that I use my VoC for nearly everything. Looking for another scout. Any consensus on which is the best vendor scout? Looking mainly at the Rapier or the B-Line, but also heard good things about the Badger.

The b-line is a little spammy, even more than the Mida. So it's really easy to use on low level stuff, but high level enemies will require a bunch of shots. I would suggest trying to the badger and see if the RoF is too slow for you.

I have I think four legendary scout rifles at 333 and the b-line is the one I use the most.

Chicago-born here. Texas now. Anyone else from Chicago?

Re: CoD, the last single player campaign I finished in that series was Black Ops. I just buy them for the multiplayer shooty bang bang. But, despite not really having much in the way of the objective based modes that I like, the gun feel is so much better in Destiny that I never really dug into AW.

NW Indiana (worked in Chicago) and now in NC. Wife is a Bears fan and while I'm Cowboys, but we unite under our hatred of Green Bay.

Alien Isolation has been the only fall game I've completed since Destiny released. A fraction of what is waiting in the wings:
  • The Evil Within
  • Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes
  • South Park The Stick of Truth
  • Batman Arkham City and Origins
  • GTA V
  • Demons/Dark Souls
  • Alice Madness Returns
  • Red Dead Redemption

Among some Wii U titles, PS+ rabbit hole, and a couple other titles here and there.

I can't connect to PSN. Was going to take a break and get a couple things done this morning but no luck connecting! It's probably a sign haha

Merry Christmas to all my DestinyGaffers!

Yeah I will make a post whenever I am able to get on. Or if you see me in VoG by myself, just join in.

TLoU:R is an awesome game. Youre in for a real treat if you never play the PS3 version before.

I would like the CP too and I need to put some exp into my gear so that I can go to 32. And I'll be on around the same time probably slightly before 9pm est.

I hope the DDOS has subsided by then...

Sounds good guys!

Deku just need the XP for 32? I just need 12 radiant shards! I can't wait until Tuuuuuesdayyyyyyy!!!!!

Vinsanity

The b-line is a little spammy, even more than the Mida. So it's really easy to use on low level stuff, but high level enemies will require a bunch of shots. I would suggest trying to the badger and see if the RoF is too slow for you.

I have I think four legendary scout rifles at 333 and the b-line is the one I use the most.

This thread moves fast, so thanks for the input. The badger looks great on paper, but I think the low RoF might irritate me. Since you use the B-line the most, maybe that means good things.

MADGAME

Briefly played some of it on PS3, started Remaster last night. Blown away, that 60fps feel is night and day compared to old version. Will kill some time, hopefully we can link up in Destiny later.

This thread moves fast, so thanks for the input. The badger looks great on paper, but I think the low RoF might irritate me. Since you use the B-line the most, maybe that means good things.

I don't like the badger. I'm glad I have gotten all my legendary 331 weapons from Nightfalls ans engrams and not from spending marks because they are very hit or miss.

Very poor selection compared to OG Destiny's Crucible and Vanguard vendor weapons.

Deku Tree

Briefly played some of it on PS3, started Remaster last night. Blown away, that 60fps feel is night and day compared to old version. Will kill some time, hopefully we can link up in Destiny later.

Never played TLoU on PS3. It was my favorite PS4 game until Destiny came out. Crazy good and shocking. So is the DLC on the PS4 disk.

gdt

B-line is no good for high level stuff. It does shit damage. It's awesome on patrol and low level bounties though.

hydruxo

Got FarCry 4 and AC Unity for Christmas today, and I still need to finish GTA V and Dragon Age Inquisition. I'd say I'll take a break from Destiny for a few days but who am I kidding?

This is me everytime I try to play a game other than Destiny:

2701690-0213327956-tumbl.gif

Top Bottom