• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Fine. Had all my friends over to exchange gifts since most of us are traveling early in the morning to spend Christmas Day with family. My girlfriend had arrived with her twin brother and both were wearing identical sweaters knitted by their grandmother. Party lasts for several hours. By the time the party was nearing to its end, I was intoxicated. I'm looking for my girlfriend since I'm drunk and wanted something else for Christmas. I found "her" talking to several of our friends. I came behind "her" and wrapped my arms around "her" frame.

"Hmm, you looking real nice babe. Wanna go somewhere a bit more private? Santa still got one more gift left for you to unwrap."

After I said that, I nibble on "her" ear. I hear snickering coming from those around. I look up and see Kat, my GF, trying her best not to laugh along with my friends. My drunken mind took a while to process that I was holding on to her brother. By the time I had released her brother, everyone was laughing.

jfc nami how could you mistake a blue engram for a purple

Got FarCry 4 and AC Unity for Christmas today, and I still need to finish GTA V and Dragon Age Inquisition. I'd say I'll take a break from Destiny for a few days but who am I kidding?

This is me everytime I try to play a game other than Destiny:

2701690-0213327956-tumbl.gif

Yuuuuuuup

Fuck. I've got hundreds of dollars of games going to waste :/

Vinsanity

I don't like the badger. I'm glad I have gotten all my legendary 331 weapons from Nightfalls ans engrams and not from spending marks because they are very hit or miss.

Very poor selection compared to OG Destiny's Crucible and Vanguard vendor weapons.

B-line is no good for high level stuff. It does shit damage. It's awesome on patrol and low level bounties though.

So a no on both the B-line and the Badger (and probably most of the vendor scouts). No love for the Rapier or NITC, either?

This thread moves fast, so thanks for the input. The badger looks great on paper, but I think the low RoF might irritate me. Since you use the B-line the most, maybe that means good things.

NP, if you can I would try to get one from an engram or drop instead of the vendor. I'm not a fan of the perks they have. Mine has one that causes explosions on headshots and I think quicker reloads after a kill.

MADGAME

Never played TLoU on PS3. It was my favorite PS4 game until Destiny came out. Crazy good and shocking. So is the DLC on the PS4 disk.

Loving it. Destiny has been taking up most of my gaming time but with knocking out Raids, Nightfalls and Weeklies on all Characters as of yesterday, it freed up some time. Played some Driveclub and TLoU, waiting for the opportune time to start Dragon Age. Too many games, man!

gdt

Badger is decent IMO. Depends on the perks you roll. I have a Crusader 1 with fatebringer perks. It's ridiculous.

So a no on both the B-line and the Badger (and probably most of the vendor scouts). No love for the Rapier or NITC, either?

Dhruv was using a scout rifle he found better than VoC. I took a screen of it from inspecting his character. I'm not on so I can't post it.

Dhruv you here? What was the name of it? I think it was a FWC scout rifle that was blue.

hydruxo

I've seen quite a few people using the Rapier, the vendor version has the same perks as Fatebringer (Outlaw & Firefly) so that could be fun if you like scouts.

Dhruv was using a scout rifle he found better than VoC. I took a screen of it from inspecting his character. I'm not on so I can't post it.

Dhruv you here? What was the name of it? I think it was a FWC scout rifle that was blue.

It was the calling. Same stats as VOC but higher damage, firefly, last shot does extra damage and splodee rounds.

Greenymac

So what have you guys gotten for Christmas so far?

I got Smash Bros 3DS from my old college roommate
All the current books in A Song of Ice and Fire + The World of Ice and Fire from another friend
Clothes from several friends
New working pants + Breaking Bad Complete Series blu-ray from my coworker/friend
White DS4 and GTAV from my best friend
iPad Air, Marvel Phase 1 blu-ray collection, and a PS Vita from my girlfriend

Oh and The Art of Destiny from her as well but it hasn't arrive yet.

I got some house slippers and pajamas. My mom and bro are big into the Christmas stuff, me, notsomuch... I bought people things but only because they are Christmas freaks and feel slighted if you dont get them something.

So what have you guys gotten for Christmas so far?

I got Smash Bros 3DS from my old college roommate
All the current books in A Song of Ice and Fire + The World of Ice and Fire from another friend
Clothes from several friends
New working pants + Breaking Bad Complete Series blu-ray from my coworker/friend
White DS4 and GTAV from my best friend
iPad Air, Marvel Phase 1 blu-ray collection, and a PS Vita from my girlfriend

Oh and The Art of Destiny from her as well but it hasn't arrive yet.

$100 that I have no particular plans for from my folks and a Walker Edison Soreno 3-piece corner desk from the wife.

Welcome to the ASOIAF club. Ignore all the fan theories if possible until you're through a second read.

Vinsanity

Seems that options for vendor scouts are limited. I'll look around for the Calling, and consider the Rapier and Badger if I have some points to play with. Would be a lot easier if I can just upgrade the VoC.

R0ckman

I doubt it will be back up any time soon.

Should probably write off today in terms of psn/Xbox live gaming.

So glad I have a PC... family interactions, can only take so much...

What's going on? And why does this constantly happen every year? Why haven't they learned to deal with this?

Sullichin

Aw shit, should have stayed logged into PSN.. hope I can get back on later.

Just tried to solo the second CE chest as a warlock. Seems impossible to kill the Shrieker fast enough two times with my shitty rocket launcher :(

Zakalwe

Banned
What's going on? And why does this constantly happen every year? Why haven't they learned to deal with this?

There are rumours and reports that a "hacker" group are responsible. Could be a DDoS attack or something else.

It could be they broke something and are trying to fix it.

Or it could just be the new users crashing the networks.

I would love to read an inside report of how a company like this works in these scenarios, what their options are and what they can realistically do to prevent and resolve. Would be really interesting.

There are rumours and reports that a "hacker" group are responsible. Could be a DDoS attack or something else.

It could be they broke something and are trying to fix it.

Or it could just be the new users crashing the networks.

I would love to read an inside report of how a company like this works in these scenarios, what their options are and what they can realistically do to prevent and resolve. Would be really interesting.

Probably a combination of all of them. I remember back when a large portion of GAF was claiming/biting at the bit that Destiny would break PSN due to all the traffic, but it was one of the smoothest online launches I can recall.

SAiLO

Loads of people are off work during Christmas and loads get new consoles for presents.

Add DDoS attacks to the mix from groups like lizard squad.

Infrastructure can't cope with the load.

PSN was down for me, it said Maintenance. but I could get messages. Destiny didnt let me connect. I just decided to press login on destiny until it let me in, took about 15-20 tries before it worked...but been playing over an hour now.

Dante316

Voc is still the best primary scout due to its solar ammo. It doesn't matter if others have higher stats. I want them solar bullets :)

Steroyd

Probably a combination of all of them. I remember back when a large portion of GAF was claiming/biting at the bit that Destiny would break PSN due to all the traffic, but it was one of the smoothest online launches I can recall.

Yes the game was a smooth launch, but the messaging system didn't start recovering till last month.

I have been using the vendor version of NITC and I am fine with it. Fully maxed it does the damage you need. Decent RoF and the enhanced scope + glass perk make it pretty damn good from range. I can pop off some hip headshots with ease too.

It filled a gap for me so I could focus on my fusion rifles.

My prime rib is in the oven for the next 80 minutes at least. Why PSN WHY?! it better not be down tomorrow when I have the whole morning and afternoon to myself and all 3 nightfalls/raids to do

Zakalwe

Banned
Getting a different error now.

A moment ago it was saying 'connecting' then 'cannot connect to psn' now it actually says connecting then 'signing in' then 'Destiny servers are down'.

Kind of feels like progress.

Getting a different error now.

A moment ago it was saying 'connecting' then 'cannot connect to psn' now it actually says connecting then 'signing in' then 'Destiny servers are down'.

Kind of feels like progress.

It is progress but since it has to connect each time it tries to log in, you can end up going backwards.

Getting it to connect to PSN and THEN succesfully connect to Destiny's servers is like trying to crit on two dice rolls.

Shito

I don't believe one bit in the ddos rumours.
My bet is on standard Christmas Day making psn and xbl fall down. Now everyone is trying to reconnect at the same time, and everyone's login servers (including Destiny's) are getting hit bad.
The only ddos happening comes from the players. ^^

Doesn't work. Bungle is very experienced in this and will kick you if the sticks are in just one position. You actually have to press random buttons and move sticks around etc.

Usually I don't get booted from the tower for some reason. Might wanna try that

I don't believe one bit in the ddos rumours.
My bet is on standard Christmas Day making psn and xbl fall down. Now everyone is trying to reconnect at the same time, and everyone's login servers (including Destiny's) are getting hit bad.
The only ddos happening comes from the players. ^^

Yeah same problem last year when I couldn't play COD all day. It went on for several days actually

Top Bottom