• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

realcZk

This is bullshit, watch this be the week that Xur brings the horn, but with PSN down we can't get it.

im honestly surprised it's been down this long! i was in destiny this morning and i should have never signed out. christmas doesn't help, psn has always been really spotty during big holidays.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Cool, had no idea. I really like that. I may pick the game up on deep discount for ps3 sometime just in case.
this is the best justification for the "always online" concept I've seen and it doesn't get much press; if only the saves worked across ps4/xb1 the value to the consumer of owning both copies would skyrocket. but this will never happen because neither console manufacturer is in favor of it.

:(

Greenymac

Is Starfire Protocol even a good exotic? Just curious. I can't really... tell. I know Voidfang is spectacular for PVP.

Dude, just having an extra grenade for sunsinger and freeing up the node for gift of the sun is worth it... Making me forget about Praxic for the time being...

this is the best justification for the "always online" concept I've seen and it doesn't get much press; if only the saves worked across ps4/xb1 the value to the consumer of owning both copies would skyrocket. but this will never happen because neither console manufacturer is in favor of it.

MS/Sony may a not go for it but it is saved Bungie side and we have Bungie.net accounts. Gotta be a way to tie them together on their end regardless of manufacturer support.

Ridli

I am uh... really not handling this downtime well. If this keeps going I'll be looking around the battle.net reactivation page soon.

Zocano

They are very close at getting to a "Souls-like" story telling but all the grimoire shit could have just been item descriptions or in the game world.

Oh well.

It was all gutted after Staten left. Kabr-senpai protect me ):

MS/Sony may a not go for it but it is saved Bungie side and we have Bungie.net accounts. Gotta be a way to tie them together on their end regardless of manufacturer support.

Nope. Xbox would rather reject the game than allow cross party saves like that. That's the reason there's no Final Fantasy 14 on 360 or One. Source.

The only exception that I can think of to that was Final Fantasy 11 on 360 but that didn't have a PS3 client for the longest (still might not actually). Only a PS2 client and PC client.

FyreWulff

They can work across Xbox/PS, politics prevents it.

I imagine the engine also supports actual cross-platform play, but once again, politics

Defiance supported 360/PS3 crossplay while it was in development, and was demoed like that at E3, and then
Microsoft
said no

Lima

Yes, although I think PS3 and PS4 Destiny's trophies are considered the same thing. When I'm on PS3 they're already unlocked.

trophies can be earned offline. it just needs to be synced for it to be seen by other people.

I think so but I never really checked.

What I mean is that Destiny Xbox One and Destiny Xbox 360 are two separate lists on your gamer card. They have 1000 gamerscore each. However if you earn an achievement in one version it unlocks the same achievement in the other version upon simply logging in.

This means on Xbox you can be double guardian lord. Seems like this isn't the case on Playstation where both versions share one trophy list.

LiK

What I mean is that Destiny Xbox One and Destiny Xbox 360 are two separate lists on your gamer card. They have 1000 gamerscore each. However if you earn an achievement in one version it unlocks the same achievement in the other version upon simply logging in.

This means on Xbox you can be double guardian lord. Seems like this isn't the case on Playstation where both versions share one trophy list.

oh yea, they're considered the same for both Ps3 and PS4.

Ragarra

Well just look at it like this it is forced time to spend with the family. Maybe our reward will be a ballerhorn in a few hours.

E92 M3

Lota of noob dismantles I'm sure. Bungie is masterful at trolling, the Husk is so unassuming and mediocre, it will be tossed aside by many.

Can't wait to see potential rage videos.

Why are you teasing him? We all know he'll never be happy.

I believe in his happiness!

I'm thinking it will be more of a feeling of fulfillment.

When you get it, just change your avatar to a smilie face.

Top Bottom