• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
MS/Sony may a not go for it but it is saved Bungie side and we have Bungie.net accounts. Gotta be a way to tie them together on their end regardless of manufacturer support.
It doesn't matter, contractual obligations will prevent them from doing so regardless of technical limits. The illusion of exclusivity- buying into one console's infrastructure over the other, to pick what system you play on- is worth more to the corporations behind the platforms than encouraging you to buy both, which would obviously benefit bungie and activision. it's a political problem, the kind of thing that feels ridiculous on PC, where the manufacturer of your particular assembly of components couldn't possibly matter less to developers and publishers.

todd360

HGhUYhZ.jpg

poo, still had some bounties I needed to do to reach final upgrade bubble for Thorn and start work on another exotic. maybe it'll be up later tonight

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
6 hours of sleep helped refresh me, but PSN being bogged down, I might play another game in the mean time!

*GASP*

All day I was gone. Just got home from the gym for a little Chestmas workout and Xbox Live is down.

This is what I get for internally laughing at all you PS4 bro's that have been shut out all day.

Damn my inner asshole.

hydruxo

Ugh this shit is so annoying. Sony and MS have got to invest in some anti-DDoS protection or something. I'd expect MS to be better prepared but Sony just needs help with PSN in general.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
My mom did make Chicken Biryani for X-Mas (think stewed chicken in south east asian spices then rice thrown in on top with potatoes...)
4wGwInF.jpg

Nice food to wake up too

Frenden

Banned
catching up on UPF. watching them play Halo 5 beta and it's so damn similar to playing as a Titan in PVP. It has Smash and Shoulder Charge, lol
Yeah, I thought the same. That was an alright UPF. If anything, it helps prove out that Destiny style multiplayer was a natural evolution of the Halo model given two studios came to similar conclusions independently.

Drew Halo stuff is usually entertaining.

Karg

Feel like that end scene from Surrogates when everyone is forced out of their homes.....couldn't find a solid picture of it...

Earlier today at 11 I didn't give two shits it was down with tons of Christmas plans ahead of me, but almost 12 hours later once I'm home and just a few more bounties to get my Runed Core, I am now pissed.

Boo.

But Merry Christmas guys

todd360

Decided to boot up GTAV while psn is down. Wrong decision. Game plays terribly. Made me miss destiny even more.

I just beat it a few days ago. I initially disliked the controls, but I got used to them after a few hours. I really enjoyed the game. I need to try the online at some point.

shem935

Banned
I just beat a few days ago. I initially disliked the controls, but I got used to them after a few hours. I really enjoyed the game. I need to try the online at some point.

Really did they grow on you? Feels so slow.....maybe I just need to power through.

hydruxo

Decided to boot up GTAV while psn is down. Wrong decision. Game plays terribly. Made me miss destiny even more.

I like GTA but the controls are just as wonky as they've always been. Particularly mashing x repeatedly to sprint. Not sure why Rockstar is so adamant in keeping that in.

It's pretty good but bloated as all fuck and a shadow compared to Origins.

It is very, very content heavy, I find it a bit overwhelming to be honest and certain mechanics aren't well explained. I'm doing one mission, I see 3 others right in front of me. This keeps on going on and on, and I just won't get on with the main course of the game.

i would play it but since PSN is down, i can't get the latest patches for it.

Lucky me I got those. I did have to turn my PS4s internet off though, the game just wouldn't start, it'd keep trying to connect to their servers.

E92 M3

It is very, very content heavy, I find it a bit overwhelming to be honest and certain mechanics aren't well explained. I'm doing one mission, I see 3 others right in front of me. This keeps on going on and on, and I just won't get on with the main course of the game.

They were compensating DA2 ;)

Bogeypop

DDoS or not I'd decided to take a break from Destiny, and try out the DMC3 Style Switching Mod. I tried to get it to work when it first released a few months ago, but couldn't. Don't really think I did anything differently installing it this time, but it works now. I'm having a CRAZY time.

On vacation now, so I left my PS4 in rest mode. I tried a little Vita Remote Play last night to knock out a couple Eris bounties but kept getting disconnected. At some point I couldn't reconnect at all, and I'm 99% sure that eventually the power save settings just turned the console off... which means I'm basically hosed for Xur, right?

There's no way to remotely turn the console back on? Or have someone else log into my account?

Having Xur only available on the two days people are most likely to be traveling is one of the dumbest design decisions in this game.

shem935

Banned
And with that I shall call it a night. Here's hoping xur is waiting for us in the tower tomorrow morning with something nice.
Icebreaker plz

DDoS or not I'd decided to take a break from Destiny, and try out the DMC3 Style Switching Mod. I tried to get it to work when it first released a few months ago, but couldn't. Don't really think I did anything differently installing it this time, but it works now. I'm having a CRAZY time.

Going to be taking a break also from Destiny, only going to get on to do the weekly, Nightfall and solo-ing the first 2 part of Crota's End. Going to be enjoying Dragon Age and the Halo beta soon.

On vacation now, so I left my PS4 in rest mode. I tried a little Vita Remote Play last night to knock out a couple Eris bounties but kept getting disconnected. At some point I couldn't reconnect at all, and I'm 99% sure that eventually the power save settings just turned the console off... which means I'm basically hosed for Xur, right?

There's no way to remotely turn the console back on? Or have someone else log into my account?

Having Xur only available on the two days people are most likely to be traveling is one of the dumbest design decisions in this game.

Sorry to hear that bro. I get you and I hate it also. Only reason I can see Bungie doing this is to make it less likely for people to be able to obtain great exotics that Xur will offer. They still want to keep somethings limited. But yeah it sucks.

Probably hosed, unless you know someone with a ps4 that you can log into briefly. Or trust someone enough to let them do it on your account for you.

Frostburn

One bounty away from Eris Rank 3 rep... Figured I'd knock it out today sometime... Sigh. Wife bought me DA:I though so I'm checking that out now (sans patches of course)

Top Bottom