• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

SharkJAW

It's genuinely ruining the game for me because it's become this annoying obsession. Since the DLC came out my last three exotics have been Monte Carlos. What is with this shit. I don't know what more I can do. I play every bit of content in the game over three characters. I'll just never get Gjallarhorn.
Same here. I'm just losing motivation to play. I'm almost certain that I won't even enjoy the weapons if I get them. The journey hasn't been worth it.

I really don't know where to start with these exotic upgrades. I will level the upgraded Gjallarhorn asap as that and ice breaker are pretty important but other than that it's just a fucking mess at this point

Same here. I'm just losing motivation to play.

I am too. The game just feels like a total mess at the moment. Just doesn't feel like anything is worth doing at the moment

Greenymac

As long as you leave my other two Horns alone !!! (Don't be too mad, I actually bought my first one from Xur and have been preaching the Gospel ever since).

You are the man greeny, thanks buddy. I will shoot you a PM, just let me know if you have any problems. I just wish I could give you a Hawkmoon to repay you.

Ive got two Ghorns to upgrade, so I should shutup about the hawkmoon. Pm me exactly what you want upgraded, too.

Pretty sure you're trolling us...buuuuut it takes a day doing bounties on three character to level an exotic now. It used to take three days before.
Lol I'm dead fucking serious. The only gun I've upgraded so far was the Icebreaker and that's only because it's practically the same gun without its perks.

I wanna do Hawkmoon too, but it's probably not happening. I'm hoping that I get one of the two to drop during vault of glass and I'll upgrade one of those.

And I'm sure it's faster to upgrade exotics now, but I've only had time for 1 character lately and not nearly as many hours. It took me almost a week to do icebreaker

I Know what Xur sells is supposed to be random, but Bungie needs to step in. How is it that in the 15 or 16 weeks Xur hasn't sold the Heart of Praxxic Fire once yet he has sold the upgrade 2/3 weeks. I'm tempted to go make a tally of what gear he has sold, because I'm willing to bet 2/3 of the time he has sold Sunbreakers or Voidfang Vestments. It's beyond ridiculous. The fact that he sold the Gjallorhorn the first week and not since, and is now selling the upgrade isn't making things better.

C'mon Bungie, a lot of people are upset over the Lizard Squad attacks. I can't even log on. Make your dedicated players happy and sell the Ghallorhorn and/or Heart of Praxxic Fire.

And what was Bungie supposed to do for Cristmas?

Jinjo

I Know what Xur sells is supposed to be random, but Bungie needs to step in. How is it that in the 15 or 16 weeks Xur hasn't sold the Heart of Praxxic Fire once yet he has sold the upgrade 2/3 weeks. I'm tempted to go make a tally of what gear he has sold, because I'm willing to bet 2/3 of the time he has sold Sunbreakers or Voidfang Vestments. It's beyond ridiculous. The fact that he sold the Gjallorhorn the first week and not since, and is now selling the upgrade isn't making things better.

C'mon Bungie, a lot of people are upset over the Lizard Squad attacks. I can't even log on. Make your dedicated players happy and sell the Ghallorhorn and/or Heart of Praxxic Fire.

Bungie IS stepping in. It is confirmed by Deej that Bungie chooses the selection he offers. That's what is so ridiculous about it.

Ambitious

Going to upgrade Gjallarhorn and Hawkmoon. Maybe also Suros and TLW, if I can get enough glimmer. Speaking of which: Anyone down for a quick VoG run up until the gatekeepers?

:eek: I've always used it only for PvE. What primaries are good for PvE? It was my first exotic so I've always just stuck with it, idk what options are better.
i heard short range and less than ideal clip/ammo count make it unwanted in PvE. hand cannons alone, better PvE choices are hawkmoon, devil you know, devil you don't, fatebringer, and others. mostly it's just range that kills TLW in pve?

nowai

Same here. I'm just losing motivation to play. I'm almost certain that I won't even enjoy the weapons if I get them. The journey hasn't been worth it.

Oh yes you will love them. Hawks and Gally are hands down my two favorite weapons in the game.

Why would Bungie sell the exotic that could break the game and make everything easy? Thats just asking them to nerf it. -_- you can't nerf the GAWD!

Now selling Praxic Fire it would be cool!

the gallahorn obsession is getting ridiculous

nerf that shit bungie

It's the carrot on a stick to keep playing. Nerf it and I quit. RNG not dropping it for me has kept me playing longer than I probably would have. I'm just about to hang it up and come back for House of Wolves regardless.

i heard short range and less than ideal clip/ammo count make it unwanted in PvE. hand cannons alone, better PvE choices are hawkmoon, devil you know, devil you don't, fatebringer, and others. mostly it's just range that kills TLW in pve?

ah. Devil You Don't and Fatebringer are 2 guns i've been trying to get a hold of. Big fan of Handcannons and Scout Rifles. Thanks :) I'll keep a look out for those 2 some more. Sadly XB1 so no hawkmoon for me. Hopefully I'll get something good before Hawkmoon is released on XB1 lol

I think they're just trying to keep some exotics rare so that people have a reason to play for loot. The loot table is just too small and the expansion didn't really do much in the exotics department. How many weapons were added? 4? All of which appear to be pretty shitty.

If you ADS the range on TLW isn't bad at all. The super low range spec is for hip fire. The reason it's bad for PVE is mainly the small clip and the low impact. The impact is good if you hip fire but you lose lots of range.

phen0m24

Switched characters to do bounties. Couldn't get back in.

Ugh.

Please for the love of Mike fix the servers Sony. No more excuses.

And guys without the Horn, I have no Ice Breaker. I would gladly trade you one for one of those. :(

I think they're just trying to keep some exotics rare so that people have a reason to play for loot. The loot table is just too small and the expansion didn't really do much in the exotics department. How many weapons were added? 4? All of which appear to be pretty shitty.

Pretty much.

Also, why can't I get on still!?!

nowai

ah. Devil You Don't and Fatebringer are 2 guns i've been trying to get a hold of. Big fan of Handcannons and Scout Rifles. Thanks :) I'll keep a look out for those 2 some more. Sadly XB1 so no hawkmoon for me. Hopefully I'll get something good before Hawkmoon is released on XB1 lol

For pve, I'm a fan of legendary primaries so I can use horn or ice breaker.

Pvp on the other hand, it's Hawkmoon all day eereyday...unless I'm in the mood for TLW.

Oh well. Another day without being able to get on psn when I have free time. It better be up later tonight so I can upgrade my hawkmoon!

Switched characters to do bounties. Couldn't get back in.

Ugh.

Please for the love of Mike fix the servers Sony. No more excuses.

And guys without the Horn, I have no Ice Breaker. I would gladly trade you one for one of those. :(

I'd trade you one of my ice breakers for my second G'horn :(

Hzoltan69

I don't get all the people whining about Xur not selling Gjallarhorn... to me, the whole idea of being able to buy exotics is plain stupid. This is a loot game, being able to buy the best loot kinda makes the game pointless.

(and no, I don't have gjallarhorn)

Which glimmer farm is better, gatekeeper or exclusion ozne in mars?

Gatekeeper is without a doubt the best if you have a fire team of 3-6 people. 16 majors + lots and lots of beads is unbeatable. Doing it alone however takes some time since you can die easily which makes it not as efficient. I would still rather do that than do that cabal bullshit. Those drop ships...

Jinjo

I have either GK or Gorgon maze ya big weirdo

Plus Xur was a bit of a letdown
:( thought he would do something cool for xurmas

You should know by now to not set yourself up for disappointment. It would have been extremely cool of Bungie to do something for christmas, but they miss every single obvious "give something nice back to the fans" moment they can. You'd figure with all the shit they have been taking they'd capitalize on everything that could gain them some more favour.

Killing Atheon better give be hawkmoon or ballerhorn please :(

That's how I got my Gjallarhorn so there is hope

You should know by now to not set yourself up for disappointment. It would have been extremely cool of Bungie to do something for christmas, but they miss every single obvious "give something nice back to the fans" moment they can. You'd figure with all the shit they have been taking they'd capitalize on everything that could gain them some more favour.

That stingyness man. From day one it's been the hallmark of this game. They just like to punish

Omni

I don't get all the people whining about Xur not selling Gjallarhorn... to me, the whole idea of being able to buy exotics is plain stupid. This is a loot game, being able to buy the best loot kinda makes the game pointless.

(and no, I don't have gjallarhorn)

Selling exotics is stupid, sure. But then again so are random loot drops.

I've done raids over 40 times now on both normal and hard and I've done Nightfalls every week but I haven't seen one Ghorn. Yet random guy x goes 0.3 K/D in crucible and gets one. Surely you can see why people are irritated.

Top Bottom