• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

how are some of you guys playing dragon age? I'm locked out on mine, such bs

Disconnect your system from online services by either pulling the cord or turning off the wifi connection. Then you can play offline. You can also log out of PSN but that will make it more annoying to get back on when the service comes up.

That's what I've been playing all day. Got it for Christmas, it is glorious.

I think it may be due to you using a game world instance or something that is not the regular one and needs to connect online.

I just got this game but read something about it on another Gaf thread in gaming.

copy that, thanks, yes it is a very good game

My day off and I can only play until the next 3.5 hours and PSN is down m... This sucks!!!

I want to do 3x Nightfalls before I buy/upgrade from Xur. But might not have a choice now.

Disconnect your system from online services by either pulling the cord or turning off the wifi connection. Then you can play offline. You can also log out of PSN but that will make it more annoying to get back on when the service comes up.

Wait what ???

I logged out and in and keep trying. I am even more fucked now for spamming the login in settings?

Fuuuuuuu

hydruxo

I'm contemplating getting Dragon Age. Is it good? I enjoyed ME3 if that's any reference.

I never played a Dragon Age game until DAI but I loved ME 1-3, but I'd definitely recommend DAI. They definitely don't hold your hand with the story/lore though, so you need to brush up on it beforehand if you want to play the game otherwise you'll be pretty lost in what is going on.

The areas are massive and there's like 8 or 10 of them. I've put 20 hours into the game and I've only gone to two areas, and done maybe 3 main story missions. It's a huge game.

Wait what ???

I logged out and in and keep trying. I am even more fucked now for spamming the login in settings?

Fuuuuuuu

I logged out to play some Injustice earlier and now anytime I shut down my system I have to re-enter my password to try to log in. It's just an extra step that wouldn't have been necessary had I just pulled the ethernet cord. That's all.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm contemplating getting Dragon Age. Is it good? I enjoyed ME3 if that's any reference.

It's very good imo. Combat seems to be divisive (I enjoy it, playing on hard atm), but I think if you liked Mass Effect the world building and characters will be all you need.

It's extremely corny, but that good kind of Bioware corn.

Just remember, Hinterlands is pretty much the tutorial zone. If you're bored there then leave ASAP and push forward with the story, you can always go back later to complete if you want to.

I logged out to play some Injustice earlier and now anytime I shut down my system I have to re-enter my password to try to log in. It's just an extra step that wouldn't have been necessary had I just pulled the ethernet cord. That's all.

Yeah if I turn off the shame I have to put in the password, but then it saves it for my reattempts after that.

todd360

Todd? Todd! Tooooooooddddddddddd!

He ain't breathing, people! Someone get him a doctor!

HCcZmyW.jpg

It's very good imo. Combat seems to be divisive (I enjoy it, playing on hard atm), but I think if you liked Mass Effect the world building and characters will be all you need.

It's extremely corny, but that good kind of Bioware corn.

Just remember, Hinterlands is pretty much the tutorial zone. If you're bored there then leave ASAP and push forward with the story, you can always go back later to complete if you want to.

I am really enjoying myself with it. I hope Destiny 2 can treat its open world type areas more like that. Actual exploration and big areas, quests etc.

Sergoes

Having never played a Dragon Age before Inquisition but loving Mass Effect, I have to say that it's a really fantastic dense game. If you're into Bioware storytelling, you will like this game a lot. The combat isn't stellar, but it's enjoyable. 5 hours in, and from talking to a couple other people, I'm barely done. (...Hinterlands! *shakes fist*) Definitely worth the price of admission.

bucyou55

Banned
Apparently the squad stopped attacks on MS/PSN, and have focused on TOR..

why u no back up psn?

I cant handle another night playing assassins creed unity..

Ghazi

Apparently the squad stopped attacks on MS/PSN, and have focused on TOR..

why u no back up psn?

I cant handle another night playing assassins creed unity..

FinestSquad tweeted that it's down on purpose right now and that they're assessing the system. Don't know if that's legit or how they'd be privy to that knowledge, but that's what's going around.

So, Destiny on the PS3 is working? Someone had mentioned RedBox. The nearest RedBox to me that has Destiny is 15 miles away. If, by the time I get home from work, the PS4 is still down, I think that is what I am going to do. The addiction is real, folks!

Sergoes

I have a question about the Mythoclast since the DLC upgraded the old exotics to have more damage do I have to do VoG in Hard again to get an updated mythoclast with the DLC damage?

Welp, Warlocks are screwed again.

Nah, unfortunately VoG drops the same level that is was before the DLC update. If we're lucky there will be an upgrade for it on Xur, but so far there's no sign of that.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, I've decided it's time to take a break from Destiny. The latest Xur offering was just the last straw. I shouldn't be getting upset at a video game, but the loot system has evolved into something that is maddening. I guess I am not cut out for it.

The most fun in this game is playing with other people and there are a lot of cool people on this board. I'll pop in for a Raid here or there, but I can't keep up the treadmill. See you at House of Wolves or possibly earlier if Xur decides to stop being a malicious troll.
Follow this example people!

No game is worth getting legitimately upset over.
All of the armor options are actually quite good this week, if you're in the market.

R0ckman

So Xur brought the Horn upgrade? Not bad... too bad I can't get the hell on...

I'm assuming everything else in his line up is garbage?

I still can't get on. Next attempt will be in the morning. 2 days without destiny. It's not so bad since it's Christmas and I was spending loads with family anyway. But when you get that spare hour to yourself it is fun to unwind. Cheers lizard squad for making me put a dent in my backlog.

My friends list normally has 30+ people on regardless of the time of day. It currently has 9 and that's the highest I've seen it since the 23rd!

So, Destiny on the PS3 is working? Someone had mentioned RedBox. The nearest RedBox to me that has Destiny is 15 miles away. If, by the time I get home from work, the PS4 is still down, I think that is what I am going to do. The addiction is real, folks!

Did you buy DLC on PS3, then upgrade? Because apparently it doesn't work the other way around, meaning you will get no DLC stuff on PS3.

...but yes, game is working on PS3, in all its uglyness.

gdt

Did you buy DLC on PS3, then upgrade? Because apparently it doesn't work the other way around, meaning you will get no DLC stuff on PS3.

...but yes, game is working on PS3, in all its uglyness.

What happens to all the Dlc gear I'm wearing? Uh oh. Maybe I'll try to unequip it in the app or on Bungie.net

Top Bottom