• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Haha, nice. You go camping in the wilderness and bring the grind with you. JDirty in tow :p?

Sucks though, I was just playing with iRAWR and we did some strikes, the Daily, left his fireteam and now I'm back to unable to sign in. Glad I didn't use that Rocket telemetry!
Same with you? Can't log back in now.

I think you can retain people just by the game being fun. I know the COD is kinda toxic but look at when COD 4 came out. That game basically planted it's flag at the top when it came out cos it was fun and the leveling up system rewarded you for it. You didn't have to wait a freaking week to unlock your red dot sight or your grenade launcher.

Destiny feels like they're trying to capture what infinity ward did what COD 4 but they're just not capable of doing.

CoD 4 had a number of things going for it besides the unlock system including a Single Player campaign that told it's story in a way seldom seen in FPS games at the time (the micheal bay treatment basically) and it's updated time period. It's particulary important to note though that it's longevity wasn't actually important so the unlock system didn't actually need to be a hit. The fact that it was, was purely luck.

Destiny is a different beast though as the focus is on MP PvE rather than PvP so the hooks need to be there for PvE first and foremost and the nature of PvE requires grind and hooks to be there so people keep playing that. This is opposed to CoD where the campaign is largely negligible entirely as the focus is almost purely on PvP.

Tyler my son Josh (thank you for running with him, by the way) was optimistic. But even he gave up after a while with NLB. Oh well. He tried.

At least ours was from a drop. I'd be miffed if he had burned coins on that atrocity!

haha...no problem :)

He seems to have pretty decent luck for exotic drops. Didn't rub off on me though.

Atkison04

Haha, nice. You go camping in the wilderness and bring the grind with you. JDirty in tow :p?

Sucks though, I was just playing with iRAWR and we did some strikes, the Daily, left his fireteam and now I'm back to unable to sign in. Glad I didn't use that Rocket telemetry!

Dammit! I had my ps4 balanced on top of a 24 pack of beer and i f'n dropped it :/

I'm loving my Fatebringer but moment Hawkmoon drops I'm dropping it.

My perfect setup is:
Hawkmoon / Light of the Abyss (Raid Fusion) / Valedictorian 9-44 (Crucible Rocket)

All I need. Please make it happen RNG.

Never heard of Supremacy, what weapon type is it and what's so good about it?

Fatebringer is a better overall pve weapon imo

Supremacy is a sniper rifle. It was a Queen's Wrath reward for doing the missions.

supremacy is a sniper rifle from the queens bounties i believe

that guy who hosted the 24 hour crota raids used it

i wasn't playing the game when those were around.. I'm still kinda bummed about that

still can't log in ps3 :(

Am_I_Evil

logged in & playing without issue this morning on PS4...decide to eat lunch/watch tv and take a nap....wake up and PSN's down again....

ugh....why did i hold off on the Xur's day shopping extravaganza?

Stantron

Anyone know what a Crota's End raid weapon that's fully XP upgraded (no resources invested) yields when dismantled? I'm hoping it's 5-6 radiant energy that I can then later convert into radiant shards. Also, no point in upgrading a raid armor piece before dismantling, right?

Midas

Anyone know what a Crota's End raid weapon that's fully XP upgraded (no resources invested) yields when dismantled? I'm hoping it's 5-6 radiant energy that I can then later convert into radiant shards. Also, no point in upgrading a raid armor piece before dismantling, right?

blackflag

I got 3 from the machine gun fully levelled

Anyone having trouble on the XB1 side? I was in the middle of a game and it kicked me to the main screen and gave me a message about not authorized to access the servers or someone else is logged in on my account. I tried going back on and I was able to for about a minute and then it kicked me and I got the error message again.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I was asking if it's 23 or 17? I guess it's a primary so 23
I'd expect it to be, because it is a Primary. Although I'd like to see guns like NLB or the Mythoclast have the option to be either a Primary or Secondary - the wording in the description makes it seem like you should have a choice.

supremacy is a sniper rifle from the queens bounties i believe
It is, yes.

Destiny_20140924203544.jpg

I'm loving my Fatebringer but moment Hawkmoon drops I'm dropping it.

My perfect setup is:
Hawkmoon / Light of the Abyss (Raid Fusion) / Valedictorian 9-44 (Crucible Rocket)

All I need. Please make it happen RNG.

Never heard of Supremacy, what weapon type is it and what's so good about it?

Yep thats how I feel as well. After using fatebringer, I <3 HCs. Still looking for a good legendary HC to go with ballerhorn now.

Shito

I was too level to really farm for The Supremacy when the Queen's Wrath event was going on. I thought I could always wait for the next time it would show up: surely it wouldn't be that long before it came back.
With each new weekly update not mentioning the event I get a bit saltier...

hydruxo

I was too level to really farm for The Supremacy when the Queen's Wrath event was going on. I thought I could always wait for the next time it would show up: surely it wouldn't be that long before it came back.
With each new weekly update not mentioning the event I get a bit saltier...

I suspect we'll be getting Queens Wrath info in a couple weeks. They said it was going "back into the oven" a few months ago so hopefully it's worth it this time around.

Yep thats how I feel as well. After using fatebringer, I <3 HCs. Still looking for a good legendary HC to go with ballerhorn now.

Personally I feel like I would only use ballerhorn in specific situations (Atheon or Crota). I'm not sure if others share my reasoning but I would want the weapon I'm dedicating an exotic slot to be a weapon I used most of the time. With how heavy ammo works sometime I would rather dedicate that spot to a primary weapon.

Because of this I'm still so lazy to level up my new Thunderlord.

I suspect we'll be getting Queens Wrath info in a couple weeks. They said it was going "back into the oven" a few months ago so hopefully it's worth it this time around.

I stand by that it'll roll out around the time of House of Wolves, if it isn't rebranded as the DLC's vendor/quest giver, given that the Fallen House has close ties to the Queen of the Reef.

Personally I feel like I would only use ballerhorn in specific situations (Atheon or Crota). I'm not sure if others share my reasoning but I would want the weapon I'm dedicating an exotic slot to be a weapon I used most of the time. With how heavy ammo works sometime I would rather dedicate that spot to a primary weapon.

Because of this I'm still so lazy to level up my new Thunderlord.

Yeah thats the same feeling I have. I would rather use a exotic often in my primary weapon slot.

Yeah :/... Let's not be sad that it's over, only glad that it happened :'(.

That doesn't sound like a solid idea to begin with but you have my sympathies dude. Hopefully it's sturdy as a PS3.
Yeah I cant complain after being able to get ballerhorn 1.0. farming glimmer and upgrading red death, suros regime, and the last word to 2.0.

TheRook

Since PS4 is down I had to go to PS3 to upgrade my Ghorn and Hawkmoon...I spent last night gathering the glimmer for those upgrades.

I'm thinking about upgrading TLW, Red Death, or Suros next.

LordofPwn

So much hate for No Land Beyond. i don't understand, have you even used it to get used to it or are you just bashing it cause its the cool thing to do?

Truphenom

This game really doesn't want me to get the vex. The sight of any ascendant shards makes me sick lol. Worst part is always hearing the glee in someone else's voice to get their first or 8th vex.

Dammit.

Midas

Thanks. Might be variable or depend on if it's a special/heavy. Either way, better than the 2 that I think drops if you dismantle a non upgraded version.

I've dismantled three. A fusion rifle, a shotgun and a machine gun. All gave me 4. Luck on my side perhaps?

hydruxo

I stand by that it'll roll out around the time of House of Wolves, if it isn't rebranded as the DLC's vendor/quest giver, given that the Fallen House has close ties to the Queen of the Reef.

I could see that too, but I hope that's not the case because the only other event we know of that's coming is Trials of Osiris. Obviously we'll be getting Iron Banner one or two more times before House of Wolves, but I think they need to do another event to keep people going before the next DLC.

RickD

Sucks that PSN is still down.
At this rate my forced cold turkey will have cured me of my Destiny Addiction... and I was so looking forward to seeing what i looked like on my shiny new PS4 :(

Top Bottom