• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Jumped onto XBL to play other games but it might be having issues as well. When I update a game, takes a while to get the update and start it. Kotaku is saying they're having issues now as well.

I played Dragon Age Inquisition today for the first time and despite PSN being down it downloaded and installed the latest patch fine. Was super quick too.

phen0m24

So if this thread is teaching me/us anything it's that jobs in IT security might still be in high demand for a while.

Should have really gone for that certification

todd360

speak for yourself, i want my helm upgraded

That's enough back talk out of you peasant. I am guardian lord! I am the alpha and the omega! I get drinks with lord shaxx! I shall speak for all of you. MUAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Oh hey guys look. Math brought pizza!

E92 M3

troy-barnes.gif

ayy

So if this thread is teaching me/us anything it's that jobs in IT security might still be in high demand for a while.

Should have really gone for that certification

The military forced me to get Sec+. Most pointless fucking cert ever. My job never once required me to know any of that information. But the DoD enjoyed just throwing money at Comptia for so many of us to stay up to date on it.

No hard feelings dude. I guess people rather be ignorant... thats all. Every server can be equipped with monitoring tools to see the load/condition its in. If those are not responding then... well, your pretty much fucked. If, indeed, the DNS servers are fried... it make take time to get those back up. Hope that is not the case. Again, Lizard said they were fried 45 minutes ago.

I agree the Twitter account seems shady but its out there. Being "verified" and acknowledged by other Hacking Groups.

Their motives remain unknown. Whereas last year they did their thing and got everything back up after 2 days IIRC.

If those DNS servers were taken offline voluntarily, for whatever reason, there would be no way for Lizard Squad to know their physical condition whether there are monitoring tools or not. Anonymous by it's nature can't ever be verified. So while they can claim to be doing any number of things.. no one can say if they are for sure. The same goes for Finest Squad.

The other sniper rifles are viable even at midrange because you can put two rounds into someone really quickly. Like the Praedith's Revenge for example. If used well, they become higher impact Scout Rifles.
The time between rounds in the NLB makes the gun worthless if you can't get a one hit kill, especially if you are engaging more than one enemy (which is the case in any of the boss closets in the game) and unless it becomes tremendously powerful at 331 attack, I don't see that happening on anything but trash mobs.

Even if they're somewhat viable at midrange, it's not the optimal choice. The only time that changes is if you're in a NF and it's a shielded/yellow mob. In those situations I'd still rather get out of range than obscure my vision in ADS with a sniper rifle and hip fire is dubious at that range. But I'm also personally an advocate of using a sniper rifle as a sniper rifle rather than trying to quick scope with it.

Alucrid

Banned
Deleted my tweet? I did not tweet them. Sjeesh...

Pointed out the reason for the outtages to those who where curious.

no, the tweet you're championing as truth. "your" tweet. so don't beat around the bush, why delete a tweet that explains why PSN is down? don't turn a blind eye to my question and be ignorant. there's nothing you hate more after all.

Waldini

If those DNS servers were taken offline voluntarily, for whatever reason, there would be no way for Lizard Squad to know their physical condition whether there are monitoring tools or not. Anonymous by it's nature can't ever be verified. So while they can claim to be doing any number of things.. no one can say if they are for sure. The same goes for Finest Squad.

Agreed. So far its alot more theatricality and deception... Only thing that is true is PSN being down and XBL is stuttering.

Namikaze1

Math's doppelgänger was on a podcast. Similar voice and from the same state. Pretty cool.
Or maybe that was Math. We don't know for sure. maybe she has a hand in this. Probably want to make sure Gjallarhorn doesn't find out about Dragon Age.

I can't believe psn is still down. Well I can, but still. Has there been any official word from either company?

Sony's server hamsters are tired and currently re-hydrating. Replacement hamsters in the meantime have been delayed because the delivery driver uses GPS on his Sony Ericsson phone and those servers are powered by the first set of hamsters.

Microsoft's hamsters have re-hydrated but an intern mistook vodka for water, so they're stumbling around everywhere but generally getting their wheels to work.

Waldini

no, the tweet you're championing as truth. "your" tweet. so don't beat around the bush, why delete a tweet that explains why PSN is down? don't turn a blind eye to my question and be ignorant. there's nothing you hate more after all.

... how old are you? 12? Damn.

Why delete that tweet? Fuck do I know. Im not part of Lizard Squad. They deleted tweets yesterday too.

Again, I was pointing out the Twitter. You be the judge if its a fake or official one. Moving on!

Sony's server hamsters are tired and currently re-hydrating. Replacement hamsters in the meantime have been delayed because the delivery driver uses GPS on his Sony Ericsson phone and those servers are powered by the first set of hamsters.

Microsoft's hamsters have re-hydrated but an intern mistook vodka for water, so they're stumbling around everywhere but generally getting their wheels to work.
I like this. Hamsters are cute. Especially drunk ones .

PSN outage is tearing us apart! It's crazy that this shit is still busted. Here's hoping I can still get those GH+HM upgrades before Xur leaves...

Alucrid

Banned

Why delete that tweet? Fuck do I know. Im not part of Lizard Squad. They deleted tweets yesterday too.

Again, I was pointing out the Twitter. You be the judge if its a fake or official one. Moving on!

lol great backpedal

shem935

Banned

This is the destiny community thread. I know we have been off topic recently due to the outage but your discussion and claims pertain directly to another, very active, thread on the gaming side which I'm sure will be happy to hear your claims. Please either take this there or talk about how much rahool sucks. K thanks.

Shito

You are spreading rumours (that are obviously fake as hell), and call people that are not believing them "ignorant" and "blind".
You should exert more caution in what you decide to believe in, because you are playing their game by doing so. You can't just do that and then take the "I'm just sharing" stance: this is irresponsible.

Top Bottom