• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

This is the destiny community thread. I know we have been off topic recently due to the outage but your discussion and claims pertain directly to another, very active, thread on the gaming side which I'm sure will be happy to hear your claims. Please either take this there or talk about how much rahool sucks. K thanks.
I dunno man, I'm enjoying this horseshit. Plus we can't even complain about Rahool if we wanted to ;_;

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Even if they're somewhat viable at midrange, it's not the optimal choice. The only time that changes is if you're in a NF and it's a shielded/yellow mob. In those situations I'd still rather get out of range than obscure my vision in ADS with a sniper rifle and hip fire is dubious at that range. But I'm also personally an advocate of using a sniper rifle as a sniper rifle rather than trying to quick scope with it.
Yeah, but getting out of range is impossible in most of the maps because even if you are away from the boss, you have ads rushing at you from several directions.
Snipers - and in particular the Icebreaker - are useful for doing high DPS fast, which is why it's still worth using even if you're stuck in a closet with hundreds of Thralls. The thing is that all of the normal sniper rifles fire relatively quickly, even the Blackhammer with it's relatively slow rate of fire (and that sniper rifle has one of the best perks in the game), so you can take a few shots and then run away while crap starts hitting you. The NLB's slow rate of fire makes it difficult to use in that situation. Maybe it's fine for using on your way to a boss, because you still have room to snipe, but try bringing it to the Omnigul final room and see what happens.

Waldini

Two people who refuse to see whats going on with PSN. Its right infront of their OWN eyes. Yet, im the bad guy bringing false claims? While the news, other big hacking groups all point towards this Twitter account? Naahhh breh, its fake!

Im just gonna stop. Cant please everyone.

For those on PSN, hang in there.

Frenden

Banned
Lol I want to know for real who here is mashing X over and over trying to log in
Yesterday and the top half of today. My spirit is broken and I trotted out the scotch now, however.

I'm still checking via my Vita with remote play here and there...

gdt

I'm at work so I can't read everything but I only own the dlc on the ps4 version. If I rent the PS3 version how does it account for all my dlc items I have in my inventory and equipped as well?

Can anyone answer this question? Will rent the PS3 version tonight if it I'll works fine.

Xur could reset stock everyday and he would still screw warlocks over.

Agreed. I don't get why they thought it would be a good idea to have Xur do the upgrades anyways. I get it, he's the exotic guy, but they should have just let the Gunsmith handle upgrades and have his upgrade stock reset every 7 days. Really not that complicated.

Meh. Just have Xur reset stock and location every 5 minutes. Problem solved.

Can anyone answer this question? Will rent the PS3 version tonight if it I'll works fine.
Well I can't answer your question but you might wanna save those couple of dollars since ps3 is not functioning properly either. It was working last night though (at least for me), so it may come back.

In the last ten minutes every press of the X has led to a much longer attempt to connect, whereas the two hours before each press of X got an immediate failure.

I wish I knew which of these is the more 'hopeful' result. lol

Yeah, but getting out of range is impossible in most of the maps because even if you are away from the boss, you have ads rushing at you from several directions.
Snipers - and in particular the Icebreaker - are useful for doing high DPS fast, which is why it's still worth using even if you're stuck in a closet with hundreds of Thralls. The thing is that all of the normal sniper rifles fire relatively quickly, even the Blackhammer with it's relatively slow rate of fire (and that sniper rifle has one of the best perks in the game), so you can take a few shots and then run away while crap starts hitting you. The NLB's slow rate of fire makes it difficult to use in that situation. Maybe it's fine for using on your way to a boss, because you still have room to snipe, but try bringing it to the Omnigul final room and see what happens.

I'd argue that any sniper rifle inside Omnigul's final room is asking for trouble. Witches, Melee Knights, Boomer Knights, and Acolytes literally everywhere makes even your suggested technique less efficient than a good FR. So in the case of Omnigul's final room, I simply don't use a sniper rifle, regardless of it's reload time or firing rate. But at that point, we're talking about personal style preferences in very specific encounters rather than rating the general effectiveness of one sniper rifle to another.

R0ckman

What the hell is going on with PSN now? Are we in recovery mode? Still getting attacked? The neogaf topic went to hell so I'm not sure what the status is.

Karl2177

I'm super confused. I can access Netflix, Halo Multiplayer, Titanfall, Halo Channel, and Youtube. But when I try signing into Destiny, it tells me I need to be signed into Xbox Live to play. I can access all of that other stuff, but not Destiny...

WipedOut

And of course can't sign on the Destiny on Xbox again. This is really pissing me off. I need my fix ASAP. I finally hit level 3 on Eris and need to work on my pit

Top Bottom