• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'd argue that any sniper rifle inside Omnigul's final room is asking for trouble. Witches, Melee Knights, Boomer Knights, and Acolytes literally everywhere makes even your suggested technique less efficient than a good FR. So in the case of Omnigul's final room, I simply don't use a sniper rifle, regardless of it's reload time or firing rate. But at that point, we're talking about personal style preferences in very specific encounters rather than rating the general effectiveness of one sniper rifle to another.
I guess my point is that because the enemies are so spongey, you want to use snipers just to get them over with quickly. With an Icebreaker, I can put six shots on Omnigul pretty quickly and then switch to my VoC or my Corrective Measure. If I were to use the NLB, that's just not viable. Arguably you could do use two snipers or something, but the NLB isn't better than any other sniper to make that a viable strategy.

I just find it weird that Blackhammer gets the special perk while the exotic has nothing good about it other than it being a fun novelty to use.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I guess my point is that because the enemies are so spongey, you want to use snipers just to get them over with quickly. With an Icebreaker, I can put six shots on Omnigul pretty quickly and then switch to my VoC or my Corrective Measure. If I were to use the NLB, that's just not viable. Arguably you could do use two snipers or something, but the NLB isn't better than any other sniper to make that a viable strategy.

I just find it weird that Blackhammer gets the special perk while the exotic has nothing good about it other than it being a fun novelty to use.
Well, it's a primary, I mean, that may not count for much but it's certainly the only one.

you're on a prime number

tumblr_lbngxz0Tw71qc7lyk.gif

DJ88

Welp. Time to look for a redbox with Destiny PS3 just to get the horn upgrade.

So I'll just start the game and my same character will show? With all the same inventory and everything?

LiK

Welp. Time to look for a redbox with Destiny PS3 just to get the horn upgrade.

So I'll just start the game and my same character will show? With all the same inventory and everything?

Everything is identical. You don't even need to import anything. It's all there when you log in.

Frenden

Banned
Anecdotal GAF reporting suggests that even the PS3 is having issues now.

I almost went out to buy a refurbed one too. Natch.

Guess I won't be doing the urn quest line to get an easy start on legendaries on my ps4 hunter. Probably would have struggled a little only being 22 anyway.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, it's a primary, I mean, that may not count for much but it's certainly the only one.
I just think the way that sniper rifles are used in this game, it's just not very viable as it stands compared to pretty much every other sniper in the game.

I mean, if you could count on it one-shotting major knights with a headshot, then maybe it'd at least be a good way to start. But at least in its fresh form, it takes 2-3 shots to take out a knight.

That said, I don't know if it's the worst new exotic in the game. The Fourth Horseman is still pretty stupid too, and the Necrocasm seems kind of pointless outside of arc burns.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Anyone running CE on xbox one tonight? Still need 2 more clears. gt purg3

edit: or not lol, cant log into destiny....

Top Bottom