• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

I guess my point is that because the enemies are so spongey, you want to use snipers just to get them over with quickly. With an Icebreaker, I can put six shots on Omnigul pretty quickly and then switch to my VoC or my Corrective Measure. If I were to use the NLB, that's just not viable. Arguably you could do use two snipers or something, but the NLB isn't better than any other sniper to make that a viable strategy.

I just find it weird that Blackhammer gets the special perk while the exotic has nothing good about it other than it being a fun novelty to use.

I think it remains to be seen how good it can be really. As for nothing good.. as Brother Hawkian states

Well, it's a primary, I mean, that may not count for much but it's certainly the only one.

as well as that second and rather defining perk. There's also a faster reload perk in it's second vertical tree (according to DestinyDB anyways). So finding out how that performs and how best to ultize it after it's max level could be the key in getting the value out of it. It's likely still no Gjallarhorn but it could be a very respectable Sniper when all is said and done.

Shito

for the curious, the inability to play destiny at all slowed the avg. posting rate by roughly... increased by 10%
Yeah, I post way more in here when I can't play the game.

Good idea doing this Eris gauntlet quest for an alt: I have a Titan that will benefit from this.

Namikaze1

read that and of mice and men and liked them both.

was considerably more interested than fucking shakespeare
Ugh. I hated Shakespeare. When we got to that, our teacher assigned us a character to role play. For Romeo and Juliet, I was assigned to be Mercutio. For A Midsummer's Night Dream, Oberon. For Hamlet, I was Hamlet. Not only did we had to read the lines but we had to act the scene out. I fucking hated English that year.

Namikaze1

tumblr_lrzumcwpS01qb8o02o3_500.gif
Knew it.

for the curious, the inability to play destiny at all slowed the avg. posting rate by roughly... increased by 10%
I can't keep carrying all of you to OT14! This isn't a one man show!

Ugh. I hated Shakespeare. When we got to that, our teacher assigned us a character to role play. For Romeo and Juliet, I was assigned to be Mercutio. For A Midsummer's Night Dream, Oberon. For Hamlet, I was Hamlet. Not only did we had to read the lines but we had to act the scene out. I fucking hated English that year.

fuck that

I'm so glad we just had to read stuff out. Never with Shakespeare, but we did study Richard III and Henry V.

For Richard III though, we got to watch the movie. B)

Makes sense. It's also making my decision to stop playing feel hollow since I can't play anyway. I'm sure by the end of the weekend I'm going to be in the fetal position with fits of jealousy and rage at the whole situation.

Namikaze1

fuck that

I'm so glad we just had to read stuff out. Never with Shakespeare, but we did study Richard III and Henry V.

Thank god we never got to King Lear. By the time we got down with Hamlet, we had about 3 weeks left of classes and about a week and a half of that was exams.

For our English exams, we had to write an essay about the themes found in the Shakespeare work we read. I somehow bullshitted my way to a B+ on that essay.

Shakespeare is awesome, I don't know what you crazies are talking about.

Also, are we seriously spoiler tagging Lord of the Flies plot points?
Romeo and Juliet die.

mercutio.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think it remains to be seen how good it can be really. As for nothing good.. as Brother Hawkian states

as well as that second and rather defining perk. There's also a faster reload perk in it's second vertical tree (according to DestinyDB anyways). So finding out how that performs and how best to ultize it after it's max level could be the key in getting the value out of it. It's likely still no Gjallarhorn but it could be a very respectable Sniper when all is said and done.
I mean, the problem with the exotics is that they are always compared to Icebreaker and Gjallarhorn for PVE. Even if you don't have those two, then you move on to the second tier of gear like Plan C. It's not just how it compares to other weapons, but if it's worth giving up an exotic slot for. And I don't see how it is at the moment.

It will be interesting of The Master actually makes one shotting majors a viable option. You still lose the element of surprise though since you need to strip shields on most majors before you can even do precision damage, but we'll see. The reload speed isn't the problem though, it's the bolt action rate of fire animation that makes it a difficult gun to recommend. The time between shots is just way too long for what it offers.

LiK

fuck that

In my senior year of HS, only THREE people were in the English class. Not sure what happened with the scheduling but that's how it was. Our teacher loved Shakespeare so we had to read them and watch movies based on the books. We also had to act out several scenes. It wasn't bad and made me appreciate Shakespeare more.

I have 481 (now 482) posts in this thread. The next person on that list, Lik, has 278.

I need a life.

You're going Skydiving on Monday. You have a pretty good life.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
More stats please. I liked some of the stuff a while back that showed how many unique posters with more than one post, and other metrics like that.
OT13 so far
Avg. Posting rate is 70.6 posts per hour, or 1.2 posts per minute
523 unique posters
412 with more than one post/109 with single posts, or 78%/22%
50% of poster have at least 5 posts
The top 100 posters each have 20 or more posts
The top 14 posters all have over 100 posts (post six more times Zakalwe -_-)

Nami accounts for 6% of posts in this thread.

I mean, the problem with the exotics is that they are always compared to Icebreaker and Gjallarhorn for PVE. Even if you don't have those two, then you move on to the second tier of gear like Plan C. It's not just how it compares to other weapons, but if it's worth giving up an exotic slot for. And I don't see how it is at the moment.

It will be interesting of The Master actually makes one shotting majors a viable option. You still lose the element of surprise though since you need to strip shields on most majors before you can even do precision damage, but we'll see. The reload speed isn't the problem though, it's the bolt action rate of fire animation that makes it a difficult gun to recommend. The time between shots is just way too long for what it offers.

We don't really know if that bolt action animation will be considered seperate from reloading though. No other weapon that I can think of off the top of my head has a mid-clip animation like it. It's possible reload speed will effect it.

Thank god we never got to King Lear. By the time we got down with Hamlet, we had about 3 weeks left of classes and about a week and a half of that was exams.

For our English exams, we had to write an essay about the themes found in the Shakespeare work we read. I somehow bullshitted my way to a B+ on that essay.

bullshitted my way through most of english. always scored high on essays and vocab, but as soon as we had to look at the structure of sentences the teacher kept giving me the Ds

Namikaze1

In my senior year of HS, only THREE people were in the English class. Not sure what happened with the scheduling but that's how it was. Our teacher loved Shakespeare so we had to read them and watch movies based on the books. We also had to act out several scenes. It wasn't bad and made me appreciate Shakespeare more.
Idiot me joined a Shakespeare club in 7th grade. I at the time did not know what I was getting into. It came close to being the worst decision I made in middle school. The first was joining the school's orchestra.

I bullshit my way through most exams. Worked pretty well.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We don't really know if that bolt action animation will be considered seperate from reloading though. No other weapon that I can think of off the top of my head has a mid-clip animation like it. It's possible reload speed will effect it.
Should be eaaaasily testable by a hunter with Chain of Woe, anyone actually playing right now that could try? XD

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I guess it's possible, but in my mind, it's technically not reloading - since there is a separate animation where you pull a magazine out of the bottom and slap a new one in. In fact, I was surprised to find that you don't load individual bullets into the gun. lol

Any word on Destiny lore books or other books releasing? I remember there was suppose to be a concept art book.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R16IAE...annel=detail-glance&nodeID=283155&store=books

Concept art book^

Going to check some of the promotions and coupons I have and I might buy this book. I bought the destiny strategy guide (suck) but I truly enjoy looking at the concept art and where Bungie can still take this game. As much of a grind this game is I am extremely pleased that this is the first installment within a new generation of consoles (the Halo 1 of the Halo series). I look forward to Bungie killing it soon.

Edit: By not playing Destiny I am able to appreciate the game so much more.

LiK

Idiot me joined a Shakespeare club in 7th grade. I at the time did not know what I was getting into. It came close to being the worst decision I made in middle school. The first was joining the school's orchestra.

Hah, I don't think I had the luxury of clubs in inner city schools.

purg3

slept with Malkin
fuck, so close. Can get to orbit now but can't land anywhere. I just want to do some damn Eris bounties for fucks sake.

Namikaze1

You're going Skydiving on Monday. You had a pretty good life.
ftfy

Thought you were taking a break?

3015062728_6b27f9a6ae.jpg
I keep getting pulled back here by some strange magical force.

What is life? You're conversing with friends.
Drunk DestinyGAF will never forget the fun we had.

OT13 so far
Avg. Posting rate is 70.6 posts per hour, or 1.2 posts per minute
523 unique posters
412 with more than one post/109 with single posts, or 78%/22%
50% of poster have at least 5 posts
The top 100 posters each have 20 or more posts
The top 14 posters all have over 100 posts (post six more times Zakalwe -_-)

Nami accounts for 6% of posts in this thread.
I'm number 1! I'm number 1! Y'all can eat my shorts cause I'm number 1!

If you get a life you won't have it for very long. The 29th is coming up.
Don't remind me!

bullshitted my way through most of english. always scored high on essays and vocab, but as soon as we had to look at the structure of sentences the teacher kept giving me the Ds
Same here.

Should be eaaaasily testable by a hunter with Chain of Woe, anyone actually playing right now that could try? XD

Twist the knife ever so slowly eh?

I guess it's possible, but in my mind, it's technically not reloading - since there is a separate animation where you pull a magazine out of the bottom and slap a new one in. In fact, I was surprised to find that you don't load individual bullets into the gun. lol

It's definitely a bit odd from a gaming perspective to have to chamber each round individually but still load a clip. Lots of downtime which is always considered bad in a fast game like this. But it's precisely because it's a big animation that scopes you out that makes me think there could be a possibility that it's tied in with reloading in the code.

Shito

I was about to say it didn't work with chain of woe, but then I remembered I got the drop on my warlock and didn't test it on my hunter yet.
I take it it doesn't work, though, but it's just a supposition. ^^

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Find the thread in the board view and click on the number of replies on the right side.
Into a spreadsheet whoosh! That gets you data on the number of posters and posts per poster, for totals per day, posting rates by hour or page you just have to look at the post # in the upper right of each/timestamps under usernames and do leetle maths.

matmanx1

It's going to be happy times indeed when we can all finally log back in to Destiny and play again. I haven't even done the Nightfall or the Weekly yet this week, not to mention a single raid.

My Diablo III: UEE Barbarian, however, has benefited greatly from the down time. So there is that.

Top Bottom