• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Namikaze1

I bullshit my way through most exams. Worked pretty well.
I never study for exams and I always did my paper assignments at the last minute. I somehow ended up getting high grades. Hell, in my freshman year of college, I had a 15 page paper that wasn't due for a month. I waited till mere 12 hours before we were to hand it in to start working on it. I somehow got a 92 on that assignment. A friend who spent the entire month working on it got a 73. He wouldn't talk to me for a week.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's going to be happy times indeed when we can all finally log back in to Destiny and play again. I haven't even done the Nightfall or the Weekly yet this week, not to mention a single raid.

My Diablo III: UEE Barbarian, however, has benefited greatly from the down time. So there is that.
Doing wintersday things in GW2, and I'm gonna log into Dark Souls 2 soon and see if I can clear Iron keep. Also I have started drinking.

hydruxo

I remember seeing some of that concept art years ago, it's pretty impressive how well they translated some of it into in-game stuff. I'd still love to see this one though:

bkl7brfehvyonrybzzkb.jpg

Dunk#7

I am so frustrated. I was able to connect late last night (1:00 AM EST) and stayed up to do some bounties. Decided to wait for Xur to see what he had.

I REALLY want the Gjahalhorn upgrade, but I didn't have enough glimmer, and I decided to get some sleep thinking the attacks would probably subside.

I have been repeatedly trying to connect for hours on PS4 to no avail.

If this lasts through Sunday they better extend Zur or offer the same upgrades next week. Not waiting weeks/months for another upgrade opportunity.

Should have stayed up the extra 20-30 minutes to farm the glimmer I needed.

Is anybody on PS4 right now or should I stop trying? Is it possible to get lucky?

LordofPwn

Never bullshitted in exams. I envy people who can.
If you took marketing it's literally all you're supposed to do. I never had to study for any tests but did manage to bullshit my way to nationals in DECA, and also to pass AP physics, which couldn't transfer to the business school I went to for video production. But 13 months later I had my degree and got to work.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Should be eaaaasily testable by a hunter with Chain of Woe, anyone actually playing right now that could try? XD

I already did a few days ago. Reload speed perks and abilities do nothing for the bolt action animation which is bullshit

Spent the day at the in-laws, can't believe PSN is still down. All I HAVE to do is grind some glimmer and upgrade Hawkmoon. So I guess I should find a redbox and rent a PS3 version? Is that what it's come to?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If you took marketing it's literally all you're supposed to do. I never had to study for any tests but did manage to bullshit my way to nationals in DECA, and also to pass AP physics, which couldn't transfer to the business school I went to for video production. But 13 months later I had my degree and got to work.
I got a 2 on my test for AP Physics, a class I took for complicated reasons which involved getting an A with very little effort (no sexual favors were involved however).

On the exam, for one of the word problems I had no idea where to even begin with the premise of an answer, so I just wrote a 300-word short story which I believe I recall being about Casper the ghost attending a carnival.

Extremely proud of that 2. Inexplicable.

*sigh*
*takes a shot*

Buy it with me, come on.

I remember seeing some of that concept art years ago, it's pretty impressive how well they translated some of it into in-game stuff. I'd still love to see this one though:

bkl7brfehvyonrybzzkb.jpg

They did an amazing job. I honestly can't wait for their second installment. Especially if it includes PC, I would make the jump to PC just for Destiny.

This is all in the Art of Destiny hardcover? If so I'm sold.

Yup, I'm going to pull the plug soon, I hope the cover isn't plastered with the word "Destiny" I would love to have it as a piece in my living room with just the Destiny logo

Hey, yo, what the hell?! Where the rest of my cloaks?!?!

opmydngfmzs3i831umdm.jpg

DLC perhaps, or some rare cloaks you never noticed.

Namikaze1

I had High Honors all throughout high school. Hell, I only took 3 classes in my señior year while most señiors took 5-7 classes. I went to school at 7:30 AM EST. Assisted the school's IT manager for an hour and half. At 9:00 AM EST, I would attend either gym, physics, or English. It all depended on the day. Mondays and Wednesdays was English. Tuesdays was gym. Thursdays and Fridays was physics. Class would end at 11:00 AM EST. I was done for the rest of the day.

I got a 2 on my test for AP Physics, a class I took for complicated reasons which involved getting an A with very little effort (no sexual favors were involved however).

On the exam, for one of the word problems I had no idea where to even begin with the premise of an answer, so I just wrote a 300-word short story which I believe I recall being about Casper the ghost attending a carnival.

Extremely proud of that 2. Inexplicable.

:lol Must have been for spelling or something.

tfw concept art looks better

g4gdcngqeov971h7ltpe.jpg

livyoqth8oy2v97jq8jw.jpg

They did an amazing job capturing that for Vault of Glass--though I wish the last area was more spacious.

These are amazing and I wish I could get the book professionally scanned (or just have the scans). Wallpaper worthy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
my parents got me an automatic wine bottle opener. it works a treat but I am perplexed by its existence as an invention as well as my parents' decision that it was a particularly appropriate gift for me.

They did an amazing job capturing that for Vault of Glass--though I wish the last area was more spacious.

These are amazing and I wish I could get the book professionally scanned (or just have the scans). Wallpaper worthy.

i'm actually impressed by how truthful to the concept some of the locations are.

this is the Tower North in-game

0KchusF.jpg

uYVF9iD.jpg

that pastel lighting.

also, i assume this is asylum

c1czlazheti2uewugmr3.jpg

9t8ruiH.jpg

shootbang
music and sound
art direction

3 things destiny nailed. 4 if you want to include the lore that isn't in the damn game.

fortunately, these are the most important things for developing the feeling of a game. everything else the game under-delivered on simply requires a smarter direction and less business suits butting in.

Looking at the concept art I really wish the tower was more vibrant and Destiny had a built in communication system (typing in a chat box--through your ghost), and a real economy for trading.

shootbang
music
art direction

3 things destiny nailed. 4 if you want to include the lore that isn't in the damn game.

fortunately, these are the most important things for developing the feeling of a game. everything else needs a smarter direction and less business suits butting in.

The best thing about all of this is that Bungie isn't done yet with the series.

my parents got me an automatic wine bottle opener. it works a treat but I am perplexed by its existence as an invention as well as my parents' decision that it was a particularly appropriate gift for me.
I have one and that thing is a godsend. I drink a lot of wine... well I drink a lot of everything period (RIP liver), and it allows me too safely open a new bottle of wine when I'm already plastered.

EL CUCO

In our time off from being a Guardian, I just finished re-watching Guardians of the Galaxy. Movie of the Year, for sure.

Probably a re-gift. I was also confused yesterday when my mom got me a package of four fancy mustards.

speaking of the tower, this image is incredible. i never really got a sense for how it was laid out until now.

asxpxf49autehpdaks2i.jpg

needs to be expanded. and not just for one week.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
In our time off from being a Guardian, I just finished re-watching Guardians of the Galaxy. Movie of the Year, for sure.

I'll never understand the love people have for that movie. Watched it twice, unimpressed twice. It's just pretty average.

Top Bottom