• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
shootbang
music
art direction

3 things destiny nailed. 4 if you want to include the lore that isn't in the damn game.

fortunately, these are the most important things for developing the feeling of a game. everything else the game under-delivered on simply requires a smarter direction and less business suits butting in.
This is pretty accurate.

I'd add in sound design full-stop, unless you mean for that to be included in all the shootbang. I love how recognizable the sound of many exotic weapons is, the speeder cruising and boost noises, the unmistakable wail of a minotaur, the cues for oracles, etc.
Probably a re-gift. I was also confused yesterday when my mom got me a package of four fancy mustards.
Nah, they own and use one.

Sorry about the mustard.

I'll never understand the love people have for that movie. Watched it twice, unimpressed twice. It's just pretty average.

it bored me tbh. was funny but forgettable.

This is pretty accurate.

I'd add in sound design full-stop, unless you mean for that to be included in all the shootbang. I love how recognizable the sound of many exotic weapons is, the speeder cruising and boost noises, the unmistakable wail of a minotaur, the cues for oracles, etc.

woops meant to include that with music. top notch as well.

Namikaze1

This is still my favorite concept art. I probably wouldn't leave the area if this was in the game. Shit looks so cool.
objuqbrifcqpkiym7fz4.jpg

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
it bored me after tbh. was funny but forgettable.

That's exactly how I would put it. Had some funny parts, and Pratt was great, but if they never made a sequel, I wouldn't care a bit.

Interstellar is obviously movie of the year, btw.

This is still my favorite concept art. I probably wouldn't leave the area if this was in the game. Shit looks so cool.
objuqbrifcqpkiym7fz4.jpg

I really hope Destiny 2 has so many unique spots that most people do not feel compelled to just hop on their sparrows and fly to the missions.

-
Love me some Hawkmoon
1974273_872006086152660_4700479835784242113_o.jpg

Never noticed the detail on this
10688370_872006036152665_2183710767883921076_o.jpg

LordofPwn

I got a 2 on my test for AP Physics, a class I took for complicated reasons which involved getting an A with very little effort (no sexual favors were involved however).

On the exam, for one of the word problems I had no idea where to even begin with the premise of an answer, so I just wrote a 300-word short story which I believe I recall being about Casper the ghost attending a carnival.

Extremely proud of that 2. Inexplicable.
First year my school offered AP physics. 2 people took the AP test. I was the only one who passed. Got a 3. Never had to do science or math in college.

Also yeah destiny art and sound and gunplay are top notch

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Destiny 2 needs more wide open areas like this. Hope they trash cross-gen and do better,
Constraints for the old consoles aside, an area like that could be done in a substantial DLC that adds a new planet or zone. The engine is seriously solid (the fact that they won't let it even flirt with >30fps helps of course -_-). I don't want to consign anything to Destiny 2 until like Q4 2015.

todd360

I just watched the interview nami, like you said to do. The first part was terrible, but it gradually got better and I ended up having some good laughs.

Namikaze1

I just watched the interview nami, like you said to do. The first part was terrible, but it gradually got better and I ended up having some good laughs.
It picks up once they're in NK. I watched it again today and I picked up on the fact that I missed all the foreshadowing in the beginning of the film.

shootbang
music
art direction

3 things destiny nailed. 4 if you want to include the lore that isn't in the damn game.

fortunately, these are the most important things for developing the feeling of a game. everything else the game under-delivered on simply requires a smarter direction and less business suits butting in.

I wonder if they will ever have the time to fully realize what they want with this game. Seems like they're on a tight schedule to pump out DLC and sequals.

I don't know, hunter's like "fuck this shit I'm outtie!" while the warlock is like "I'm coming bro!"

Looks like the Hunter is drawing fire from the trash mobs so the Warlock doesn't get their face pounded by bullets since it is in the Warlock's nature to rush into battle, die, and revive; but I doubt his cooldown is ready since he probably have done this 6 times already in this 1 strike.

The Hunter is being smart and going to control the battlefield.

Looks like the Hunter is drawing fire from the trash mobs so the Warlock doesn't get their face pounded by bullets since it is in the Warlock's nature to rush into battle, die, and revive; but I doubt his cooldown is ready since he probably have done this 6 times already in this 1 strike.

The Hunter is being smart and going to control the battlefield.

*nods in approval*

Oooh, didn't know you can use 'tools' to find out stats...

Nami, if this were Rumble, you would get the 'sum of all tears' medal

Edits: actually maybe not, but keep posting away and you will

spyder_ur

Finally got some time to play after a full 3 days with family and friends. I'm guessing noone is having any luck at all on PS4?

Really wish I hadn't sold my PS3 disc. That PS3 digital to PS4 deal doesn't go the other way, right? I have Destiny PS4 digitally. Was really looking forward to playing some tonight and tomorrow.

Oh well - I guess I could finally get started on something else. Unity (patch seems to be downloading but an hour or so left), Mordor, Transistor, Second Son (pretty lukewarm on it after an hour or so)? Or maybe some Binding of Isaac although I have no idea what is going on in that game.

Defuser

From the conversations in this thread I'm guessing psn is still down

For one thing I'm sure is that whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out their command, one by one. Valus Ta'aurc. From what I can gather he commands the Siege Dancers from an Imperial Land Tank outside of Rubicon. He's well protected, but with the right team, we can punch through those defenses, take this beast out, and break their grip on Freehold.

Top Bottom