• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

darkwing

That would suck. I hadn't been using the Hawkmoon as much recently and was excited to level it up and use it more, and I've had a second Horn sitting in my vault for exactly this moment. I mean, they have to extend the time Xur is there, right?

don't worry, it's Bungie

Sleep in.

I just want my Gjallarhorn!!!

StVTTwB.jpg

EL CUCO

I'm finding it difficult to even play a different game. I find myself wanting to tell these other games:
"I'm really sorry. It's not you, it's me. You're a really fun game...you really are, but I'm in a long term commitment with another. While that other game is far from perfect, we've been through so much that it's hard for me to just pick up and leave without thinking and wondering how Destiny is doing. You deserve more than that. You deserve someone that can appreciate you and can dedicate themselves 100%. I'll never be able to do that fully as long as Destiny is around. Who knows, maybe one day things will be different. And I'll always remember the fun times we had, but right now I'm dedicated to the grind. I hope you understand."

Wth is wrong with me

watching The Interview right now and its pretty damn funny

I have no comment on margaritas

What about
Katy Perry

My god. 2 days without playing the game. I'm feeling... Liberated. I feel like I'm not in the clutches of the RNG. I don't like this. Gimme my flawed game back, all these great games I have just aren't doing it for me.

Sanke__

I got in, so far so good!
inb4 dc

Any tips/ tricks?

I'm finding it difficult to even play a different game. I find myself wanting to tell these other games:
"I'm really sorry. It's not you, it's me. You're a really fun game...you really are, but I'm in a long term commitment with another. While that other game is far from perfect, we've been through so much that it's hard for me to just pick up and leave without thinking and wondering how Destiny is doing. You deserve more than that. You deserve someone that can appreciate you and can dedicate themselves 100%. I'll never be able to do that fully as long as Destiny is around. Who knows, maybe one day things will be different. And I'll always remember the fun times we had, but right now I'm dedicated to the grind. I hope you understand."

Wth is wrong with me

I know exactly how you feel

watching The Interview right now and its pretty damn funny

I have no comment on margaritas

They hate us cause they anus.

Wth is wrong with me

It's going to get complicated when The Division is released.

Signed in! Hopefully about to turn in bounties and upgrade!

EDIT: Dammit all. Won't take me to orbit, just character select to error every time.

EDIT 2: I'm at the Tower!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Wth is wrong with me
lol you poor thing *hug*

I'm not that dedicated to Destiny, but there is a distinct sensation going on, knowing that it isn't available, while playing other games.

Like, tell the truth anybody out there: are you or are you not comparing the moment-to-moment gameplay of whatever you're playing right now to Destiny more than you usually do, and how does it measure up?

lol you poor thing *hug*

I'm not that dedicated to Destiny, but there is a distinct sensation going on, knowing that it isn't available, while playing other games.

Like, tell the truth anybody out there: are you or are you not comparing the moment-to-moment gameplay of whatever you're playing right now to Destiny more than you usually do, and how does it measure up?

Been forcing my way through Wolfenstein today. Gunplay is fast but terrible feedback. I fear FarCry4 will be a disappointment despite being a carbon copy of FC3 which I adore.

Namikaze1

I tried playing Far Cry 4 earlier. I just couldn't play more than ten minutes of it. I need my guardians, man! I need Scarlet and Spectre and Lord Douche.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
all I know about far cry 4 is that the true ending involves
waiting for 15 minutes without interacting with the game at all and that is fucking amazing.

Da_Bears

Neo Member

Yes. but more than games. Watched Guardians again and was thinking how I would have responded with my not so leet gunslinger skills. Kind of disturbing at how much it is in my recreational time.

gdt

Okay for those that rented or whatever the PS3 version. How does that account for the dlc you bought on the ps4 version? Like the new raid gear all my characters are wearing? Does my account as a whole just own it and it's cool? I don't think so as that data isn't on my PS3.

I'll go to redbox right now if word is its all cool to play on PS3.

I don't want any equipped dlc gear disappearing on me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I should answer myself I guess...

guild wars 2- I absolutely love the game and I actually find the combat really enjoyable. I like all 3 game types, but it especially shines in PvP. even so, comparing even fairly action-y MMORPG combat (you know, in an ACTUAL MMO) is pretty stark. i think the two games complement each other very well when you can play both, but I keep thinking about how much I want to double jump, slide, or just fucking headshot something :D Still, the wintersday event is fun and I love the guild so it's a good time as always. If anything, it highlights how much the other elements of a game can hold up gameplay; though it better be good to begin with or I'm not interested

dark souls 2- the controls and gameplay are sublime. There are aspects of the control that are actually better than Destiny, even though it's more complex. There's nothing like the "sprint cooldown confusion" with sprinting in Souls games. Melee feedback in the Souls games has always been like my favorite thing ever, and I play like a ninja-style close range character with lots of backstabs and no shield. I love it. However, the part I'm at right now is crushing me. I can't get past this damn lava. But the series is Castlevania-hard, it's meant to break your spirit and force you through. I'm getting past it tonight one way or another, fuck. I have been thinking about it though, in the Souls games I feel like I'm ill-equipped for an entire world of danger and pain all around me, in Destiny I feel like a badass. As much of the time that I'm frustrated while seeing the result of an engram or a loot roll after completing something, the vast majority of the time I'm actually killing stuff I feel completely up to the challenge, which is fun in a different and very enjoyable way.

Top Bottom