• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Soloing Nightfall, Sekrion at less than 50% hp. Kick to orbit, followed by dc.

My own fault really, shouldn't have tried it with the way servers are atm.

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

Turned in bounties, upgraded gear, finished an Exotic bounty. This game is just an itch that needs to be scratched. Only 3 on my friends list were able to connect. Now that I've taken care of stuff I don't feel so compelled to play by myself, just to get kicked off.

j_rocca42

I was able to get on to the destiny servers after multiple tries. I quickly hit up xur. Didn't try to play anything substantial with the server situation though...

gdt

Holy shit I think I'm in! Still can't connect to verify licenses though.

Wtf do I now. I guess reboot until it can verify licenses....

Edit: I'm in the store and everything.

Does anyone know if the speaker is selling the Strength of the Pack Cloak? I need to buy the urn from Xur on two accounts since I want some easy motes.

I'm getting the "undergoing mAintenance" message for the first time. Before it was just timing out or unavailable. Being the optimist that I am, I'm gonna take this as a positive

Hell yeah, that would be great. Souls + Spelunky = yes please.

I often wish Destiny had that instead of the exact same encounters over and over. Would have been great

coy

I put my faith in DestinyGAF and tried some more and I'm back in! At the Tower now as I type. Took another dozen tries but it worked.

hydruxo

I'm getting the "undergoing mAintenance" message for the first time. Before it was just timing out or unavailable. Being the optimist that I am, I'm gonna take this as a positive

That's exactly what happened to me, then I tried again, went to the bathroom and it connected. Seems like a lot of people are able to get on PSN now. I still can't connect to Destiny servers though.

Smelter is wrecking the shit out of me but if i'm not mistaken I don't need to beat him yet. Getting to OIK kills me :<

Yeah Smelter is a bitch, but he is optional now like you said. OIK is easier but can be tough getting to him for sure.

I often wish Destiny had that instead of the exact same encounters over and over. Would have been great

Most definitely, me too. Most games (especially grindy games) could benefit from some procedural generation.

Terrifying Departed mashup gif

lol, awesome

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Optional, but one of the best non-dlc fights in the game. Suck it up, you can get it. Bring an NPC along for easy mode.
oh I can get him to like 1/3rd with lucatiel. I know I could do it with attrition i'm just looking to get the hell out of iron keep for now, lol.

Top Bottom