• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

DJ88

Wow I'm glad I stayed up till the reset last night and was able to get on and upgrade the horn. For anyone that still hasn't been able to get on to visit Xur, if it's an option for you, definitely try again around 4am EST tonight. The past 2 days that's when the most amount of people have managed to get on.

Is that method of changing the MTU or whatever not working anymore either?

CREMSteve

Wow I'm glad I stayed up till the reset last night and was able to get on and upgrade the horn. For anyone that still hasn't been able to get on to visit Xur, if it's an option for you, definitely try again around 4am EST tonight. The past 2 days that's when the most amount of people have managed to get on.

Is that method of changing the MTU or whatever not working anymore either?
No the MTU method no longer works.

I hope that more people that feel like this will use this opportunity to consider that they might not actually like the game (not that this necessarily applies to you in particular) and decide to quit for good, and not buy any future DLC.

Yeah I would never say that I don't like the game, I love it, I've sunk so much time into it. The problem is that there are other games, such as Dragon Age that actually have a great plot and take a lot of your time, time that I don't have because of grinding in Destiny.

Trace

Banned
If I miss the GHorn upgrade because I haven't been able to log in the entire time Xur has been here I'm going to be really pissed.

Think I will try and update my photography online portfolio today while I mash the x key to try and log in. lol

If anyone is totally bored and wants to see it, PM me for a link. I shoot mostly fashion, beauty, that kind of thing.

Pickman

3 days in. No connection. Psn still down for me. This started on day 1 of the vacation I took to just stay at home and relax and play video games. I've watched more Netflix than I like to admit in the last 3 days.

Managed to upgrade Hawkmoon, grab the gorgons chest on all 3 characters, and finish a bunch of bounties. Just tried to switch characters and I can't get on now. Going to call it a day and play other games.

Destiny didn't get GB's
Most Disappointing.

But it did get
Best Story on a Website.

The Crota's End grimoires are incredibly disappointing.

Edit: Sorry to those who wanted to be surprised by GBs deliberations

Rixa

Changing character wasnt good idea :eek:. It tossed me out of game and now its whining about PSN & Destiny servers :eek:. Got online again (and out of game again), so no more char changing before this works fully.

I did get legendary secondary weapon engram. Which sadly turns to be 4th Horseman (my 2nd) :(

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
At least I got on earlier to buy the gigantic piece of shit no land beyond. I can't wait to get murdered while using it in the crucible.

You guys should be prepared to be disappointed if you couldn't upgrade your GHorn because PSN was down.

I don't think Bungie will extend Xur's visit and has a way out of this sticky situation by blaming Sony for PSN being down today.

And I don't play this game anymore, I'm just telling you should be prepared to rage by 4am Sunday.

I just got back from vacation without destiny, and I'll be real pissed if I miss the chance to upgrade my horn. Bungie should do a redo of xur next week....

You guys should be prepared to be disappointed if you couldn't upgrade your GHorn because PSN was down.

I don't think Bungie will extend Xur's visit and has a way out of this sticky situation by blaming Sony for PSN being down today.

And I don't play this game anymore, I'm just telling you should be prepared to rage by 4am Sunday.

I am really happy I was able to get on at the daily reset today.

Namikaze1

Hawkian, tell your fellow hawks to stop attacking me. I was in the middle of an epic one-on-one fight with this tiger only for this feather bastard to swoop in and claw my face. Then the damn tiger saw that I had my guard down and killed me. Fucking pussy.

EL CUCO

Would you rather have an offline mode or a story?

Just an offline mode in general would be fine. "Shared world" or not. It's ok to limit somethings while offline but atleast allowing us to do something in game.

We wouldn't be able to play a "story" right now anyways. I can play every other game I own in some way. I cant even get passed the load up screen in Destiny...

Greenymac

Changing character wasnt good idea :eek:. It tossed me out of game and now its whining about PSN & Destiny servers :eek:. Got online again (and out of game again), so no more char changing before this works fully.

I did get legendary secondary weapon engram. Which sadly turns to be 4th Horseman (my 2nd) :(

Yup I switched characters and got kicked....fuck.

I just got back from vacation without destiny, and I'll be real pissed if I miss the chance to upgrade my horn. Bungie should do a redo of xur next week....

No that punishes everyone. They should do what Rockstar did and extend his stay and provide extra bounties to make up for the days missed.

Having his same inventory two weeks in a row would be awful.

Bungie showing no goodwill with these issues is disgusting.

Two Words

Destiny doesn't have random loot, so there is no reason why it can't be offline. There's no innate risk of people making hacked weapons. They should be able to authenticate people's loot because the stats for weapons are fixed to such a limited amount of variance.

Ridli

I managed to get i earlier today but my buddy got kicked out and hasn't been able join back in. I finished my solo stuff but I'm too scared to log out.

Top Bottom