• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Destiny doesn't have random loot, so there is no reason why it can't be offline. There's no innate risk of people making hacked weapons. They should be able to authenticate people's loot because the stats for weapons are fixed to such a limited amount of variance.

People could still potentially dupe weapons and gear, which provide supplies directly responsible for upgrading. Not to mention whatever else people could mess with in terms of abusing drops.

Deku Tree

On PS3 the menus are so slow that going into the menus during a combat engagement of any kind no matter how easy is almost always causes you to die.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
@cl112809 :)

edit: LOL where are you at? if youre are steam, summon me :D Sunbro really for some jolly coop
Just keeled old iron king. got some help :) thank you though!
Hawkian, tell your fellow hawks to stop attacking me. I was in the middle of an epic one-on-one fight with this tiger only for this feather bastard to swoop in and claw my face. Then the damn tiger saw that I had my guard down and killed me. Fucking pussy.
He just saw an opportunity to kill you both, I'll see what I can do though

I'm curious if I missed something about Bungie being responsible in some way for the inaccessibility right now?

Two Words

People could still potentially dupe weapons and gear, which provide supplies directly responsible for upgrading. Not to mention whatever else people could mess with in terms of abusing drops.
Dupe it for what, materials? That's all they'll get out of it since there is no trading. I'd be willing to let a crappy material system be compromised for the inclusion of offline play.

No that punishes everyone. They should do what Rockstar did and extend his stay and provide extra bounties to make up for the days missed.

Having his same inventory two weeks in a row would be awful.

Bungie showing no goodwill with these issues is disgusting.

That's a fine suggestion as well, and I agree, same inventory two weeks in a row would be lame.

Just keeled old iron king. got some help :) thank you though!

He just saw an opportunity to kill you both, I'll see what I can do though

I'm curious if I missed something about Bungie being responsible in some way for the inaccessibility right now?

Just realize I type the wrong word, I need to stop typing fast and re-read what I write..

Deku Tree

We've awoken the Hive!

That's easy. Wake the Hive and put Shatter and Bloom on.

You know where ;)

You playing on PS3 again or have luck on PS4?

I feel like you asked because you knew the answer and just wanted someone to say WEVE AWOKEN THE HIVE!

Thanks! I tried that a few times before asking but it wasn't working will try again with Hucast suggestions. OK did it first try now.

Yup playing on PS3. Just doing grinding.

Well since I can't get back on, but my wife is still connected, I jumped on her account and knocked out the PvP part of her Thorn bounty real quick. Absolutely insane how much faster that is as a Warlock.

Rixa

If its not PSN error message, I get to this point:
Bug1.PNG
After selecting character, comes this error.

Time to take some beer & w(h)ine.

JTran2003

Havent been able to connect for three days even after attempting the MTU fix and whatnot... No dailies, havent completed both raids, weekly or nightfall... Withdrawal period is always the hardest...

So is the PSN servers just fried? What's the deal?

It's scary to think that some group of people could do this everyday nonstop. Really doesn't make me look forward to an always online future.

Maybe they can't extend xur's date without releasing a patch or something similar.

So very lame. Sounds plausible too since it is likely an automated thing they just input values into for the various items.

You down for Crotas End raids at reset again with the usual people we've been playing with the past few weeks? I sent a PSN message and everyone is good to go. I know you haven't been able to get online :(

timnich

Playing on the PS3 version, it really sucks that the expansion isn't cross platform...Luckily I'm still able to pick up Eris' bounties and get them out of the way.

Also, wow are the load times terrible. Going to the inventory screen in a mission takes about 20-30 secs, just wanted to pop a black hive to get some extra glimmer and ended up getting killed before the icons would even load.

Frenden

Banned
Times like this make a stronger argument for Xur being a more permanent fixture in spite of the social/psychological reasons for making him a limited and special event.

Frenden

Banned
I wasn't pro continual Xur presence until they increased his responsibilities. He's now the most important NPC in the game and is available the least.

Rixa

I can't imagine them being that short sighted. I remember during the beta they were opening and closing Iron Banner without a patch. Why wouldn't they make all of the vendors dynamic?

Times like this make a stronger argument for Xur being a more permanent fixture in spite of the social/psychological reasons for making him a limited and special event.

I wouldn't be suprised if their "Hot fix" is to offer same stuff next Xursday too...

gdt

If PS3 holds it together I'll go rent it after work. I'm off tomorrow so I need to Destiny it up. It's obvious this won't be fixed for awhile.

Dupe it for what, materials? That's all they'll get out of it since there is no trading. I'd be willing to let a crappy material system be compromised for the inclusion of offline play.

I wouldn't. Duping the right items for materials would trivialize the content through leveling too fast on a wide scale. We've already seen just how fast a 32 sword wielder can melt Crota. Spread that across a much wider group of players (because once a duping technique is found, people will flock to it en masse) and it completely trivializes the content.

I can't imagine them being that short sighted. I remember during the beta they were opening and closing Iron Banner without a patch. Why wouldn't they make all of the vendors dynamic?

It just depends on whether or not the vendor was ever intended to be dynamic. Iron Banner was designed to come and go on their schedule. Xur seems to be intended to be a set schedule.. so it could be different in implementation.

Shito

Levelled up my titan from 10 to 16 those past hours.
Decided to change character to give him the stranger's rifle to go on, but fell into the same trap as you guys: can't connect anymore.
Oh well, time for a pause I guess.

Cause Bungie

So is the PSN servers just fried? What's the deal?

It's scary to think that some group of people could do this everyday nonstop. Really doesn't make me look forward to an always online future.

Yes that's only one of the reasons why always online sucks for consumers

Top Bottom