• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

I'm fucking in!

007SRD_Christopher_Mintz_Plasse_016.jpg

Greenymac

Mobile app is up and running, but just tried ps4 and no joy...Ive already upgraded my horns and didca few bounties earlier so if I cant get in I guess I got my fix for the day....

I'm in!

But I have a fancy dinner with my wife now.

All I want to do before reset is HM Atheon x3 so I'm not too stressed if it goes down again tonight.

Namikaze1

I would ask if anyone wants to group together for Weekly but last time I did, I got kicked out of Destiny so I'm soloing this shit.

Frome Deej's twitter...

"Spending my weekend monitoring all chatter about Destiny. Working with our OpsCtr and the Bungie team behind the scenes to do what we can."

lmao: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...he_six_people_youll_likely_meet_in_a_pick_up/

Due to the impossibility of getting your 5 friends together to schedule a raid, here's a guide to the six people you'll likely meet in a Pick up group.

The Untouchable- For whatever reason, let it be their level or they don't know anyone else in the group, this person's social status is the lowest and their opinion does not matter. Since they can complete the raids at a level disadvantage or with five complete strangers, they know exactly what they're doing and can really step up, but the group won't listen to them until after five or six wipes when they're really desperate.

The Gold Digger- This person only cares about your light level and the weapons you have maxed out. They get frustrated when they aren't six Ghorns in the group and always think the highest level raider should be the leader even if that person doesn't want to be. The other members of the group will most likely stage a mutiny and have this player kicked out some time during the raid.

The Cheese Wiz- This person can cheese every section of the Raid, even parts where people thought you couldn't cheese. Their entire character load out is designed for this and they prefer other party members with cheese friendly characters. They usually win over the group with a suggestion of a cheese and a legit run never happens. They can be found being the most vocal on Reddit when a patch comes out fixing the exploits.

The Good Guy Raider- This person loves the Raid and doesn't care a lot about the frustrating loot system. A major concern for them is that others learn from their mistakes, but are still having fun out there. They can be found in the back of the party helping struggling raiders instead of running off to the bridge in the Latern section. They can run the raid legit and always offer to do the toughest job for the team, but the Cheese Wiz usually wins over the group with offer of cheesing. They can be found being a sherpa to other people in their down time.

The Boss- This person is the loudest one of the group. They're very comfortable giving orders to other peoples and are quick to praise and scold other raiders. When confronted with a wipe, this person will blame the game or other raiders instead of themselves to retain their self-appointed authority.

The Zealot- This person worships RNGesus. When a checkpoint is reached they will shout out their love to RNGesus before they get their loot in hopes of getting what they want. They are usually the most hurt by unfavorable loot awarded to them and question what they have done to upset RNGesus.

Please add others to the list that you've met countless times!

Edit: Here's more from the community

The Asshole -This guy is an asshole. To everyone. About everything. Fuck this guy.

The Know-It-All- This member is quick to fix any beliefs they feel are wrong. They will scream at you to not open the bloom chest because then nobody will get a exotic. They know the only way out of the gorgons, and every time you say a name of a enemy or checkpoint wrong, be ready to be corrected. They also believe everything they read on reddit, and despise cheesers.

The Happy, Drunk guy - I'd have to label myself as this. It doesn't Impact my ability to perform and usually nobody notices until I get way too excited about getting good loot and then everybody's like "dude"

The Purist Prick. He thinks he's a Good Guy but is so anti-cheesing, he... Looks down on anyone who wants to cheese anything. Assumes his way of playing is the way everyone else must. Sabotages or leaves when the rest of the fireteam attempts even the smallest cheese.

Frome Deej's twitter...

"Spending my weekend monitoring all chatter about Destiny. Working with our OpsCtr and the Bungie team behind the scenes to do what we can."

Well they have 10 hours to do something about Xur leaving for those who have not been able to visit him due to the connection issues.

Deku we still killing Atheon later?

I won't be back until 9pm EST or later. Go ahead without me if I'm late. If you could save the Atheon checkpoint for me to grab later that day would be stellar.

I know I haven't played with any of you guys (except Steroyd) but if anyone has the Gorgon CP so I can grab that chest 2 more times #ForeverNoHawkmoon I would really appreciate it.

The Purist Prick. He thinks he's a Good Guy but is so anti-cheesing, he... Looks down on anyone who wants to cheese anything. Assumes his way of playing is the way everyone else must. Sabotages or leaves when the rest of the fireteam attempts even the smallest cheese.

That would be Datto, right there

lmao: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...he_six_people_youll_likely_meet_in_a_pick_up/

Due to the impossibility of getting your 5 friends together to schedule a raid, here's a guide to the six people you'll likely meet in a Pick up group.

The Untouchable- For whatever reason, let it be their level or they don't know anyone else in the group, this person's social status is the lowest and their opinion does not matter. Since they can complete the raids at a level disadvantage or with five complete strangers, they know exactly what they're doing and can really step up, but the group won't listen to them until after five or six wipes when they're really desperate.

The Gold Digger- This person only cares about your light level and the weapons you have maxed out. They get frustrated when they aren't six Ghorns in the group and always think the highest level raider should be the leader even if that person doesn't want to be. The other members of the group will most likely stage a mutiny and have this player kicked out some time during the raid.

The Cheese Wiz- This person can cheese every section of the Raid, even parts where people thought you couldn't cheese. Their entire character load out is designed for this and they prefer other party members with cheese friendly characters. They usually win over the group with a suggestion of a cheese and a legit run never happens. They can be found being the most vocal on Reddit when a patch comes out fixing the exploits.

The Good Guy Raider- This person loves the Raid and doesn't care a lot about the frustrating loot system. A major concern for them is that others learn from their mistakes, but are still having fun out there. They can be found in the back of the party helping struggling raiders instead of running off to the bridge in the Latern section. They can run the raid legit and always offer to do the toughest job for the team, but the Cheese Wiz usually wins over the group with offer of cheesing. They can be found being a sherpa to other people in their down time.

The Boss- This person is the loudest one of the group. They're very comfortable giving orders to other peoples and are quick to praise and scold other raiders. When confronted with a wipe, this person will blame the game or other raiders instead of themselves to retain their self-appointed authority.

The Zealot- This person worships RNGesus. When a checkpoint is reached they will shout out their love to RNGesus before they get their loot in hopes of getting what they want. They are usually the most hurt by unfavorable loot awarded to them and question what they have done to upset RNGesus.

Please add others to the list that you've met countless times!

Edit: Here's more from the community

The Asshole -This guy is an asshole. To everyone. About everything. Fuck this guy.

The Know-It-All- This member is quick to fix any beliefs they feel are wrong. They will scream at you to not open the bloom chest because then nobody will get a exotic. They know the only way out of the gorgons, and every time you say a name of a enemy or checkpoint wrong, be ready to be corrected. They also believe everything they read on reddit, and despise cheesers.

The Happy, Drunk guy - I'd have to label myself as this. It doesn't Impact my ability to perform and usually nobody notices until I get way too excited about getting good loot and then everybody's like "dude"

Haha that's so good. Here i'll add one to the list

The macho raider - thinks raiding is a right of passage to manhood and believes the VoG on hard mode is "some gangsta shit". This type of person always talks about how important experience is and seeks like minded assholes to do hard mode raids and raise their status in their little community

Deku Tree

Deku we still killing Atheon later?

I won't be back until 9pm EST or later. Go ahead without me if I'm late. If you could save the Atheon checkpoint for me to grab later that day would be stellar.

Yes I'm still up for that. Now that Xur has been extended the rush is not as big for me. I really just want three more rolls at an exotic and if it's Hawkmoon or ghorn or t-lord then I can get Xur to upgrade it too.

I also need to take down Crota twice still with my 2x 32 Warlocks.

And I have a group that wants to go for flawless raider.

Yes I'm still up for that. Now that Xur has been extended the rush is not as big for me. I really just want three more rolls at an exotic and if it's Hawkmoon or ghorn or t-lord then I can get Xur to upgrade it too.

Ok sounds good. I will follow the thread while out and post once I get back home.

Damn, thanks. Hopefully I don't get any of the things I upgraded when I finally get around to Nightfalls. But at least there are shards/potentially higher gear stats.

I am really happy they did this. I was worried they would just give him the same stock next weekend or something stupid that is worse for everyone.

I'd like to join in for the VoG runs if you don't mind. I want a Hawkmoon! I don't need flawless, but I've done it before, so I could help if you guys would need.

Did you have enough radiant shards for both warlocks to get to 32 or do you just share the upgraded armour?

Did you get Eris to Rank 4?

Top Bottom