• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Deku Tree

I'd like to join in for the VoG runs if you don't mind. I want a Hawkmoon! I don't need flawless, but I've done it before, so I could help if you guys would need.

Of course. We'd be happy to have you join us. Not sure when we would start exactly but it might be around 9pm est tonight.

Did you have enough radiant shards for both warlocks to get to 32 or do you just share the upgraded armour?

Did you get Eris to Rank 4?

No I just share armor through the vault. You would need 126 radiant shards to get two characters to 32. As of now I think that you could get at most about a total of approx 90+ radiant mats by running the CE raid three times a week since launch. I am 3100 rep away from Eris rank 4. I've been doing the Eris bounties daily on my main most of the time but that's it.

rNilla

Raid personality list is missing The Mute - will not
communicate under any circumstances. Not to be confused with The Bashful Raider.

Devs should be compared to other what then?

They either took their time hoping PSN would come back or had issues getting the Xur extension to work before announcing it. Might be more complex then we think.

I really don't underatand why everyone is on me. I was the most vocal person here for them to do this.

Well first of all, not everyone is 'on you'.

Bungie should be judged based on their actions alone in the context of their game and no one else's.

The only question that matters: did they act in time? They did.

Would it have been less stressful for others if they announced it sooner? Sure, but step back a minute and ask yourself how you would feel if they did nothing at all.

My guess is that you'd say "they would have won big PR points by extending Xur but didn't so they blew it" and you wouldn't have been the least bit concerned about when that announcement came.

It just seems silly that having made this announcement in time that they'd catch any kind of flack for it just because an unrelated developer made their PR move first. So absolutely arbitrary and irrelevant, IMHO of course.

fig remember when we were doing hard atheon and we couldn't kill the oracles at all?

and then when we'd kill them, afro would die with the relic.

my contributions

**The Stranger** - He joined the group but he doesn't have time to finish the raid or explain why he doesn't have time to finish. He just suddenly hops out halfway through.

**The Shopper and Dropper** - Gets his loot and then drops faster than the morale of a flawless raid party when somebody dies on the jumping puzzle.

I think gorgon and jumping puzzle would prevent me from ever attempting flawless VOG

I can't handle that pressure

Fitts

Anyone on PS4 still need the Nightfall? I've rolled crap on my Titan this week but am hoping that Bungie is handing out the Godhorn like candy after the extended outage. My Warlock (lvl 31) gives me one more chance...

Namikaze1

lmao: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...he_six_people_youll_likely_meet_in_a_pick_up/

Due to the impossibility of getting your 5 friends together to schedule a raid, here's a guide to the six people you'll likely meet in a Pick up group.

The Untouchable- For whatever reason, let it be their level or they don't know anyone else in the group, this person's social status is the lowest and their opinion does not matter. Since they can complete the raids at a level disadvantage or with five complete strangers, they know exactly what they're doing and can really step up, but the group won't listen to them until after five or six wipes when they're really desperate.

The Gold Digger- This person only cares about your light level and the weapons you have maxed out. They get frustrated when they aren't six Ghorns in the group and always think the highest level raider should be the leader even if that person doesn't want to be. The other members of the group will most likely stage a mutiny and have this player kicked out some time during the raid.

The Cheese Wiz- This person can cheese every section of the Raid, even parts where people thought you couldn't cheese. Their entire character load out is designed for this and they prefer other party members with cheese friendly characters. They usually win over the group with a suggestion of a cheese and a legit run never happens. They can be found being the most vocal on Reddit when a patch comes out fixing the exploits.

The Good Guy Raider- This person loves the Raid and doesn't care a lot about the frustrating loot system. A major concern for them is that others learn from their mistakes, but are still having fun out there. They can be found in the back of the party helping struggling raiders instead of running off to the bridge in the Latern section. They can run the raid legit and always offer to do the toughest job for the team, but the Cheese Wiz usually wins over the group with offer of cheesing. They can be found being a sherpa to other people in their down time.

The Boss- This person is the loudest one of the group. They're very comfortable giving orders to other peoples and are quick to praise and scold other raiders. When confronted with a wipe, this person will blame the game or other raiders instead of themselves to retain their self-appointed authority.

The Zealot- This person worships RNGesus. When a checkpoint is reached they will shout out their love to RNGesus before they get their loot in hopes of getting what they want. They are usually the most hurt by unfavorable loot awarded to them and question what they have done to upset RNGesus.

Please add others to the list that you've met countless times!

Edit: Here's more from the community

The Asshole -This guy is an asshole. To everyone. About everything. Fuck this guy.

The Know-It-All- This member is quick to fix any beliefs they feel are wrong. They will scream at you to not open the bloom chest because then nobody will get a exotic. They know the only way out of the gorgons, and every time you say a name of a enemy or checkpoint wrong, be ready to be corrected. They also believe everything they read on reddit, and despise cheesers.

The Happy, Drunk guy - I'd have to label myself as this. It doesn't Impact my ability to perform and usually nobody notices until I get way too excited about getting good loot and then everybody's like "dude"

The Purist Prick. He thinks he's a Good Guy but is so anti-cheesing, he... Looks down on anyone who wants to cheese anything. Assumes his way of playing is the way everyone else must. Sabotages or leaves when the rest of the fireteam attempts even the smallest cheese.
Fig:
The Boss
The Good Girl Raider

Zoba:
The Purist Prick (VoG rings any bell, dear Zoba :p)
The Good Guy Raider

Lik:
The Good Guy Raider

Todd:
The Cheese Wiz

Math:
The Good Girl Raider
Happy Drunk Girl

Me:
The Zealot
The Good Guy Raider
Happy Drunk Guy

Future

Goddam that thorn bounty. So hard to do the void damage part. Crucible just swings so much for me. Was in be 100s super quickly so I was feeling good. Then some bad games and you are back in double digits. And I'm a hunter so no void abilities.
I wonder what percentage of people actually get this done. Guess it's meant to be that one exotic always out of reach. Except I pay for it constantly with a bounty slot

gdt

How did you get in? Luck? I've been hammering login button and nothing

I saw in the lizard squad thread people were getting in. I'm at work so I called my house and had someone try it. Got straight in no problems. Had her buy NLB and The Claws and leave me dancing and on the start screen.

I think gorgon and jumping puzzle would prevent me from ever attempting flawless VOG

I can't handle that pressure

Absolutely, I have done it numerous times without dying, but knowing my luck I would make it through the platforms and then fall off that ledge you can't run on.

Daigoro

Just got a mythoclast! I can't believe how happy it made me. Didn't even realize I wanted it that much (must be why it dropped)

Went to the moon to try it out and got the fusion rifle bounty ddone in about 5 seconds. This thing is insane.

Now let that damn fatebringer drop.

todd360

Fig:
The Boss
The Good Girl Raider

Zoba:
The Purist Prick (VoG rings any bell, dear Zoba :p)
The Good Guy Raider

Lik:
The Good Guy Raider

Todd:
The Cheese Wiz

Math:
The Good Girl Raider
Happy Drunk Girl

Me:
The Zealot
The Good Guy Raider
Happy Drunk Guy

Oh cmon. I don't even seek the cheese. Someone just usually teaches it to me and I excel at it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lol first comment "shame on you Bungie"

They really can't win can they
outstanding

if any of you are reading, thanks deej/urk/Luke/whoever played a role in throwing the community a bone on this one. Bout to head to a party and it's nice to think I won't be racing the clock to upgrade before the cutoff when I get home.

Deku Tree

Anyhow I decided that I'm never going to be a part of cheesing Crota by the current method. I am generally not against PvE cheese but beating Crota legit is not a problem and the fight is fun... And I'm not interested in manipulating the network infrastructure by disconnecting from the internet in order to beat Crota.

I'll depart from a raid group if that cheese is on.

I am OK with PvE cheese when you are working within the framework of the game rules that Bungie gave us intended or not... But using network disconnects is something that I don't want to be involved in...

Top Bottom