• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Deku Tree

So I needed some Plasteen Plastic (whatever that's called) to upgrade my Titan's gear but since I have the Bad Juju bounty on my Warlock, I decided to run the strikes on him and transfer all the blue engrams I picked up to my Titan. I can confirm, the Cryptarch decrypted all my Warlock acquired blues into Titan gear. winning

Been doing that for a while. It's a great move. But you do miss out on the greens that drop that you'd get if you ran with your Titan.

Grimsen

Every other MMO on the *planet* would have done something by now. I'm frankly astonished they haven't even addressed it at all.

Just because something "doesn't affect other players " (BTW, it does a huge amount!) having your entire expansions content be trivialised by a series of stupid bugs and bad coding errors just makes a mockery of the game. Why they aren't addressing it is beyond me.
I agree that Bungie isn't very communicative, but patching takes time. even more so on consoles.

Also, could you elaborate on what the PVE glitches affect in such a huge amount? Aside from IB, I don't see it.

Zakalwe

Banned
Please could someone help me run my hunter through the Nightfall?

I'd solo it, but he's only 27. Can take my 31 Titan till the last moment then switch, it'll take no time to get there.

Psn: astropoff

Anyone, please? I don't have long to play tonight and I'd really like to get my hunter through.

Should only take us 15 minutes or so.

LordofPwn

tumblr_nfdia4dPHC1qk08n1o1_500.gif

new OT, new gif, same ol' shenanigans.
I'm back!

Bizazedo

Aaaand the work usually leads to a RNG table. They have to look into things like trading and directly gambling for loot.

An example, public events don't always reward you, what the hell were they thinking with that? AT LEAST let them be guaranteed to drop the local minerals. No one works if they feel the end result is not rewarding enough.

I agree and would rant, but we've had that subject brought up a lot about whether Bungie knows what they're doing....but yes, it's a bit much.

Separately, everyone LOVE how much glimmer everything costs now?!

Sup guys, I'm looking to learn VoG and get some VoG raid weapons - I am at Lvl 30, and I've only played about 1/2way through VoG once with some buddies. Two questions

• Are sites like DestinyLFG the way to go - i.e. have people had good experience using that or other sites? (and should I use DestinyLFG.net or .com) - sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm wary because of the time investment
  • Since I'm level 30 and need lots of shards to get to 31, should I play VoG and then just disassemble armor I get from there? Or is there a better way to get shards? I do the dailies, but since Ascendant mats are divided amongst coins, energy and shards, I feel like it's been very slow going.
destinyLFG.net is awesome. I've found some really great groups there.

yes, run VoG for all your shard needs.

Good thing we can cheese that, too :p

Sup guys, I'm looking to learn VoG and get some VoG raid weapons - I am at Lvl 30, and I've only played about 1/2way through VoG once with some buddies. Two questions

• Are sites like DestinyLFG the way to go - i.e. have people had good experience using that or other sites? (and should I use DestinyLFG.net or .com) - sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm wary because of the time investment
  • Since I'm level 30 and need lots of shards to get to 31, should I play VoG and then just disassemble armor I get from there? Or is there a better way to get shards? I do the dailies, but since Ascendant mats are divided amongst coins, energy and shards, I feel like it's been very slow going.

VoG good for shards, LFG.net is good, I always found decent people there. Ran it a bunch of times with people from there, only had one shitty group.

zewone

VoG will definitely give you the most shards. You can also make sure to do public events. Completing each one has a chance of dropping ass mats and your one daily public event package can have ass mats too.

FyreWulff

The only way I want to see trading in Destiny is if you are required to buy an authenticator/2 factor ID to enable it.

Because otherwise that will be the day everyone starts getting account jacked and cleaned of all their good stuff :/

bucyou55

Banned
I dont mind LFG but i get annoyed when i post looking for a group and I get an invite from a one man party and they expect me to help fill their fireteam. If thats what I wanted to do I would of posted that i was assembling a group, not LFG

Husk less after about 10 attempts, I am giving up. Don't have the stamina for it.
What is the exact method for farming this thing? AFAIK, load up the first Dark Below mission and sparrow to the guys rezzing the Blade of Crota knight, kill him and suicide, /repeat?

How? I'd like to earn more glimmer. I am always broke
Load up Exclusion Zone story mission on Mars, pop a resupply code for extra Cabal glimmer and rush to the left toward the second dropship and kill the 10 yellow Cabal for about 500 glimmer per run, suicide and repeat.

You can also farm gatekeepers in VoG but I don't know how to do that one yet.

Mindlog

Thinking of writing a book.
So Your Team Spawned Alpha on Blind Watch, but Fought Hard to Flip Sides and You Were Winning, but You're a Monster and Took Point A Back and Now We're Going to Lose.
A bit wordy for a title. Thoughts?
No, as I said, its a result of a grindy random system, they have to look at these problems and fix them first. Punishing AFKers and not fixing the system will get more people to leave.
The game would be better if those AFKers left. Probably having a net negative effect on overall play time anyway. All they do is discourage others from playing.

patchday

The only way I want to see trading in Destiny is if you are required to buy an authenticator/2 factor ID to enable it.

Because otherwise that will be the day everyone starts getting account jacked and cleaned of all their good stuff :/

I just wish I could at least drop loot on the ground. Once again, maybe D3 Ultimate Edition has spoiled me but it really helps when a veteran showers my brand new sparkling L70 character with loot to help me be more competitive and productive during the Rift runs (aka something like running through a Heroic Weekly)

E92 M3

Thinking of writing a book.
So Your Team Spawned Alpha on Blind Watch, but Fought Hard to Flip Sides and You Were Winning, but You're a Monster and Took Point A Back and Now We're Going to Lose.
A bit wordy for a title. Thoughts?

The game would be better if those AFKers left. Probably having a net negative effect on overall play time anyway. All they do is discourage others from playing.

Truncated - Blind Watch: A Tale of Confusion and Ignorance

The mystique will attract some new buyers.

R0ckman

I agree and would rant, but we've had that subject brought up a lot about whether Bungie knows what they're doing....but yes, it's a bit much.

I firmly believe they are purposely doing some of this stuff, there has to be some kind of discussion on their plans before they push them, then depending on how bad the feedback is and how much it has the potential to threaten DLC and Destiny 2 sales, they'll change it, while sliding in other elements to keep the grind going.

This is why we have so much more currency and items that now there is no room to keep every individual type of currency. They clearly rushed in elements that would lengthen out the grinding process. Right now I'm sitting on a good pile of commendation points or whatever the hell they are called, I'm sure by the next DLC they will be worthless or you will need multiple to buy the new items so they can more quickly eat up the pile guardians store up in between now and the next DLC.

What is the exact method for farming this thing? AFAIK, load up the first Dark Below mission and sparrow to the guys rezzing the Blade of Crota knight, kill him and suicide, /repeat?

That is the most "efficient" method, as in the most frequent opportunities to kill a Blade of Crota. You can also do it on a patrol at moon or earth but YMMV.

patchday

Load up Exclusion Zone story mission on Mars, pop a resupply code for extra Cabal glimmer and rush to the left toward the second dropship and kill the 10 yellow Cabal for about 500 glimmer per run, suicide and repeat.

You can also farm gatekeepers in VoG but I don't know how to do that one yet.

Ah that's awesome will do. Yeah I dont get nothing hardly for my trouble in Crucible glimmer wise.

Well my armor I got with 33 light happen to help out scout rifles. So I finally decided to give the Mida Multi Tool a go. I'm so glad I did because it might be my favorite weapon. In PvE, the stagger just dominates. With my faster reload armor and the fact that it's reload is already fast, I swear it reloads in less than a second. In PvP, it's very solid. One thing it does well is hip firing. With the added movement speed and hip firing, you can strafe around enemies faster than they think. Of course, it's awesome at long range. Anyone else like it?

phen0m24

Patchday, Lamonster

I have the gatekeepers checkpoint if you want me to show you the glimmer farm.

Just bring your supers and a smile.

PSN colonelocorn

zewone

Well my armor I got with 33 light happen to help out scout rifles. So I finally decided to give the Mida Multi Tool a go. I'm so glad I did because it might be my favorite weapon. In PvE, the stagger just dominates. With my faster reload armor and the fact that it's reload is already fast, I swear it reloads in less than a second. In PvP, it's very solid. One thing it does well is hip firing. With the added movement speed and hip firing, you can strafe around enemies faster than they think. Of course, it's awesome at long range. Anyone else like it?

It would probably be my favorite weapon if it had more impact.

I feel it kills too slow in PVP and, to a lesser extent, PVE. I was losing a lot of firefights I would have won with my Last Word.

I'm a big fan of the movement buffs for both though.

VoG Hard Raid--Fresh Run on the PS4 starting as son as we get six. Need two more as they backed out.
1)Me
2)Agent_tiro
3)btkadams
4)Shokleeto
5)
6)

PSN: Da_1_hated_tito

Bizazedo

This is why we have so much more currency and items that now there is no room to keep every individual type of currency. They clearly rushed in elements that would lengthen out the grinding process. Right now I'm sitting on a good pile of commendation points or whatever the hell they are called, I'm sure by the next DLC they will be worthless or you will need multiple to buy the new items so they can more quickly eat up the pile guardians store up in between now and the next DLC.

I think the thing that pisses me off the most with the commendations is that I have used zero of them in gearing up and now I'm already past the point of needing them.

Trakan

You're not implying AFK'ng through Crucible or the Strikelist is okay, are you?

Let me start off by saying anyone who does that is a dick. You can't blame the player though. If Bungie is stupid enough to have the system not kick AFK players, it's on them. How small stuff like this hasn't been addressed yet is beyond me. Just kick players after 90 seconds of inactivity.

I actually tried a new scout rifle that had rounds that stagger, and it just makes getting multiple precision shots on a target more difficult.

Dwalls

Neo Member
I think the thing that pisses me off the most with the commendations is that I have used zero of them in gearing up and now I'm already past the point of needing them.

It's fine honestly, every mmo has items of dubious use. Honestly I'd trust the architects at Bungie to find an elegant solution to this problem. Maybe some additional item you'd have to combine it with + a glimmer cost for the next set of vendor items. t's kind of too easy to get the current vendor items anyway, they should introduce something that requires more effort. I have faith in Bungie tbh. They handled ascendant shards incredibly well, I can't stop dreaming up uses for the 100+ ascendant shards I currently have.

Top Bottom