• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Zakalwe

Banned
Fig, cloud, look how happy you made me!

4WufkeV.jpg

<3

Bizazedo

Let me start off by saying anyone who does that is a dick. You can't blame the player though. If Bungie is stupid enough to have the system not kick AFK players, it's on them. How small stuff like this hasn't been addressed yet is beyond me. Just kick players after 90 seconds of inactivity.
...of course it's on the asshole players. The strikes, except for maybe our friend on Mars, take like one glimmer expendable to beat the whole thing. Sometimes even faster. It's not hard.

90 seconds wouldn't work, either, as you'd just rubberband the analog or something. That and it means I can't even go to take a piss with friends (I take my time, wash my hands).

E92 M3

I am waiting for a VERY important e-mail and whenever my inbox counter changes and it's not that I get very upset. Don't you guys hate that?

Trakan

...of course it's on the asshole players. The strikes, except for maybe our friend on Mars, take like one glimmer expendable to beat the whole thing. Sometimes even faster. It's not hard.

90 seconds wouldn't work, either, as you'd just rubberband the analog or something. That and it means I can't even go to take a piss with friends (I take my time, wash my hands).

As someone it's happened to a lot, I understand. The guy is an asshole, but I'm more upset with Bungie for not fixing it three plus months into the game's life.

Coconut

Banned
I wonder how much effect reporting someone actual has. How many players have to report someone for the same thing for it to matter?

If someone goes afk during strikes I push them into danger and then res them over and over if they can waste my time I can waste theirs.

matmanx1

They all have pro's and cons, but overall I think Primary Exotics are the least useful. In most every situation an Exotic special or heavy is a better choice. The Mythoclast is probably the only exception to this. That isn't to say there aren't some good primary exotics, because there are, they are just rarely the best choice.

For anyone who doesn't own IB or a 'Horn I would argue primary exotics are your most useful slot, especially with Thorn being so good in PVE now. But it all depends on what you have and what you are doing. As everyone else has said here before, you can beat any encounter in the game without exotics of any kind. Properly leveled up legendaries are just fine if you and your team show some skill.

Use whatever you enjoy. Hard light looks, sounds and feels amaZing as does the MIDA Multitool. thats how I used to keep the game fresh for myself. New Weapons.

Listen to this man! This is great advice and exactly how I treat the game. Each new gun is a new toy and I like to play with them and discover them to their fullest. Heck, I just bought a new pulse rifle from the Crucible QM called "Three Little Words" just because I liked the perks and stats on it and wanted to roll with it for awhile. Treating the game like this definitely keeps things fresh.

VoG good for shards, LFG.net is good, I always found decent people there. Ran it a bunch of times with people from there, only had one shitty group.

I use it too because it's more immediate than GAF (I can't usually plan on raiding at a specific time), but I've always found the groups on GAF to be super helpful and patient. I have had a couple of raids go south with using the lfg site though.

Listen to this man! This is great advice and exactly how I treat the game. Each new gun is a new toy and I like to play with them and discover them to their fullest. Heck, I just bought a new pulse rifle from the Crucible QM called "Three Little Words" just because I liked the perks and stats on it and wanted to roll with it for awhile. Treating the game like this definitely keeps things fresh.

Yep. I'm the same way. A lot of the fun is learning how to adapt to each weapon's particular niches. I enjoy it a lot. More than any RPG, really. I don't judge a weapon until I've played with it's upgrades, either. Pocket Infinity taught me that.

Greenymac

Looking to get some Iron banner in about 6;30 or 6:45 eastern time. Anyone else interested? I have at least one more already

1. Me
2. TysonBane

Dwalls

Neo Member
0 kills gets you an exotic confirmed!

It's a pretty good design. So many games walk into that rich get richer pitfall. I think that if the player is already capable of beating an objective he doesn't need to be made ever more capable. It's pretty great for crucible too, so much less stress. I used to stress about being a useful teammate etc. but now I just hang out near the back playing it safe taking potshots while waiting for the timer to expire. I'm a support player like that because I'm not very skilled but I try to contribute safely. It's a great way to catch up on podcasts and gain some exotics for sure. I for one am glad Bungie keeps an eye out for the slightly less skilled and motivated player. I feel like they should increase the odds on drops for low kdr players so they can keep up with the better people.

I think the thing that pisses me off the most with the commendations is that I have used zero of them in gearing up and now I'm already past the point of needing them.

Ha, that's what I love about them. I've managed to skirt the bullshit by lagging behind the race to 31 by just one week. I had one toon ready to pop the Vangaurd rep by just switching to Dead Orbit a few days before the DLC. I went back to Vangaurd, turned in a bounty, bought a chest piece and was off. I managed to score the raid arms and boots, and had a lucky roll with Rahool to get an Exotic Helm.

Well we were sort of waiting on Boguester, we started up with 5 but he hasnt made it still. Feel free to join up, I'll send you a fr.

Sorry I missed you guys earlier. I thought we were starting at 2pm est but then I didn't hear anything for a while waiting for people. Hopefully the run still turned out okay.

So my "Art of Destiny" just arrived and goddamn, this thing is huge, quite heavy too. It has over 200 pages of artwork, some I had seen online, but for the most part it was all new. Cool thing also is how some of the art has legends and explanations on the side, like why this is designed this way, or how this is supposed to look the way it does, and why.

Here's some pictures of the book with the cover (not taking any of the actual content, don't want to get myself in trouble):

Size comparison with a PS4 case

Back

When you take it off all you see is this:

BUT. Refract a bit of light on it, and this what you see (tried my best to show it off, kind of hard though):

All and all, great artwork in here. If you are an artist, or if you like to look at concept art, I would definitely recommend buying this.

Kyne

Yoooo.

What's the easiest way to make friends? My gf and I who play together are having trouble with the heroic Weekly and I myself need a third person to finish my exotic bounty at the Summoning Pitts.

Anyone have any advice :eek: ? Clans? Destiny forums? We're both still pretty new, me being a 30 Titan and her a 29 Hunter.

R0ckman

Green Doctor Nope. It's fun, but I dunno about how useful it is right now.

If its maxed with added stability, it is not doctor nope, that thing was fun to use by that stability, ugh...

Yoooo.

What's the easiest way to make friends? My gf and I who play together are having trouble with the heroic Weekly and I myself need a third person to finish my exotic bounty at the Summoning Pitts.

Anyone have any advice :eek: ? Clans? Destiny forums? We're both still pretty new, me being a 30 Titan and her a 29 Hunter.

Here is good, also when I'm in a friendly mood my experiences accepting random invites at the tower have been 100% positive.

So my "Art of Destiny" just arrived and goddamn, this thing is huge, quite heavy too. It has over 200 pages of artwork, some I had seen online, but for the most part it was all new. Cool thing also is how some of the art has legends and explanations on the side, like why this is designed this way, or how this is supposed to look the way it does, and why.

Here's some pictures of the book with the cover (not taking any of the actual content, don't want to get myself in trouble):

Size comparison with a PS4 case

Back

When you take it off all you see is this:

BUT. Refract a bit of light on it, and this what you see (tried my best to show it off, kind of hard though):

All and all, great artwork in here. If you are an artist, or if you like to look at concept art, I would definitely recommend buying this.
huh? I didn't even know this was a thing.

brb buying now

inthrall

Yoooo.

I've found posting psn name + asking for specific runs works best, add TheRealInthrall

It's a pretty good design. So many games walk into that rich get richer pitfall. I think that if the player is already capable of beating an objective he doesn't need to be made ever more capable. It's pretty great for crucible too, so much less stress. I used to stress about being a useful teammate etc. but now I just hang out near the back playing it safe taking potshots while waiting for the timer to expire. I'm a support player like that because I'm not very skilled but I try to contribute safely. It's a great way to catch up on podcasts and gain some exotics for sure. I for one am glad Bungie keeps an eye out for the slightly less skilled and motivated player. I feel like they should increase the odds on drops for low kdr players so they can keep up with the better people.

they really don't need to be increased

Yoooo.

Yeah just post here what you want to run and your PSN/Xbone username. I've had better success finding friendly groups here on GAF than anywhere else. Y'all are a friendly bunch.

Top Bottom