• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

kuppy

Wait a second.
Did legendary (all) weapons also get a stat boost with Expansion I?

I thought only the new Expansion I weapons were the ones to go over 300. So in other words, I should have totally continued running the Vault of Glass, since I should get newer versions of the raid weapons, oh man.

Also in the last hour I got two legendary engrams, both turned out to be hand cannons, Red Hand IX and The Devil You Don't. Thing though is, I really like Fatebringer, will fool around with The Devil You Don't for a while though.

Meckaj

Neo Member
Just did the weekly and while using the hidey hole behind the pillar I managed to find a way to get the Nexus to just sit there and take it while I used Black Hammer to kill him. Still needed to kill the adds though but didn't need any heavy syntheses!

Just running some last bounties and getting everything ready for tomorrow!

I think we will be seeing a lot of new 32s tomorrow!

Good night and see you at reset!

ocean

Banned
Wait a second.
Did legendary (all) weapons also get a stat boost with Expansion I?

I thought only the new Expansion I weapons were the ones to go over 300. So in other words, I should have totally continued running the Vault of Glass, since I should get newer versions of the raid weapons, oh man.

Also in the last hour I got two legendary engrams, both turned out to be hand cannons, Red Hand IX and The Devil You Don't. Thing though is, I really like Fatebringer, will fool around with The Devil You Don't for a while though.
Every Legendary or Exotic you buy or get as a reward anywhere in the game has 331 attack...except for Vault of Glass drops. Whether it's a Raid weapon or an Exotic from a chest or Atheon it'll be 300 attack :(

Okay GAF, here's the thing.

I'm not a very social gamer. I mean, if I see people out in the fields of Destiny like I did in the beta, I'd play with them. But I'm more of a one-night-stand kinda guy.

How far will this get me in the game?

I really liked the gunplay, but I hear the grind is bad.

Lay it out for me, GAF. I saw this for 30 bucks and I'm about to pick it up.

I'm not a very social gamer. I mean, if I see people out in the fields of Destiny like I did in the beta, I'd play with them. But I'm more of a one-night-stand kinda guy.

Stick on this forum/thread and you can always find people willing to help you out or doing similar missions. You should be fine, but this game is addicting.

I know once I get the 1 gun I really want my game time is going to be cut a lot. Spent a lot of time playing Destiny. I'm very thankful that DGAF has been open to letting me tag along with shit.

BUT: Since there is RNG you may have a hard time leveling up your character. Grinding is real. If you can only grind 1 night a week then you should be decent once you figure out the flow of joining people who are doing stuff you need to do and not wasting your time.

You can solo the campaign easy enough. There are matchmaking for some coop activities and you don't have to talk if you don't want too.

The best activity, the Raids, require mics and communication, but you don't have to do them.

SnakeEyes

Banned
You know that if only one of you can get Heart of Praxic Fire, he will kill you the first chance he gets. He will do anything at this point for one. Anything.
Thank God for no Trading in Destiny then, lol :D

And to be honest, I'm really happy with having Obsidian Mind taking up my Exotic slot currently. Drop a Nova Bomb in the Omnigul strike, only to have my meter go back to full again? Thank you very much!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Will need at least 1 for a crota kill in about 10 mins- have a couple of first timers, so looking for patient folks, but other than that all are welcome.

jaaz

Anyone doing a fresh Crota raid tonight? I need to run it on a 31 alt to get some shards/energy before reset. Even if it's just till after the bridge. (A Crota kill would be nice, but not necessary.)

PSN: miamijaaz

Just picked up a rare scout rifle with its first perk being 'shoot to loot'. Picks up any ammo that you shoot at.

Never seen this perk before. Does anyone know if any legendary scouts have it?

Meckaj

Neo Member

If you mean that you mostly like to play solo, then I'd say Destiny is alright in that sense as everything outside the raid (currently even the raid) can be done solo.

As for the grind, there's two different kinds of marks that cap at 100 per week. I don't personally find this a "grind" as I mostly get them to cap while just playing around. The biggest grind is probably getting reputation and leveling up guns which means bounties. Bounties are like quests and you get 12 different ones a day (not including Eris which would mean 3-4 more per day) 6 for PvE and 6 for PvP. Most of the time they aren't too bad and can be done in 30 min to 1 hour. So I'd say Destiny is more of a "play a little per day for a long time" rather than a "play very intensely for a while and get everything" kind of game.

Stick on this forum/thread and you can always find people willing to help you out or doing similar missions. You should be fine, but this game is addicting.

I know once I get the 1 gun I really want my game time is going to be cut a lot. Spent a lot of time playing Destiny. I'm very thankful that DGAF has been open to letting me tag along with shit.

BUT: Since there is RNG you may have a hard time leveling up your character. Grinding is real. If you can only grind 1 night a week then you should be decent once you figure out the flow of joining people who are doing stuff you need to do and not wasting your time.

You can solo the campaign easy enough. There are matchmaking for some coop activities and you don't have to talk if you don't want too.

The best activity, the Raids, require mics and communication, but you don't have to do them.

Sicccckkkk I'll be picking this up Friday then.

So I just hit Dead Orbit rank ~45 (across 3 characters) and I got one strange coin.

For Fuck's sake, I just want a shader.

Is there a particular shader that people want from Dead Orbit or are people just hoping for any of the 3

Sicccckkkk I'll be picking this up Friday then.

Whenever you are trying to do something complicated just post in this thread. A lot of people are friendly and will help you out like I said.

Trakan

Is there a particular shader that people want from Dead Orbit or are people just hoping for any of the 3

Whenever you are trying to do something complicated just post in this thread. A lot of people are friendly and will help you out like I said.

I think Dead Orbit has 4. I like Revenant and The Hanged Man.

David___

Banned
Going to see if the duplicate glitch for the bounties works on the first raid chest in CE. I wonder if it being a weekly reset except a daily reset would affect it.

Good quick 3 Gatekeeper/Atheon runs. Sorry I didnt grab all my guns for the final run. Hopefully people got what they wanted!

I finally got the Timepiece.

Trakan

Faction shaders should be sold after you reach certain ranks like with Saladin/Eris. Not sure why they're random

Yeah, that's how it was in the alpha/beta I guess. Make them purchasable after rank 10 for all I care. Just fix this garbage RNG.

Top Bottom