• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

jaaz

Okay,

1. me
2. frostburn
3. frostburn buddy
4. hyun sai
5. schwagger

When do you want to do this? I'm online right now.

Jaaz, since you already have a group of 3 I left you out, easier for you to get someone else in anyway. If you'd like I will run with you as well, depending on when this gets going.

Okay no problem. Let me know if some people bail or if you want to do it again. Otherwise I'll start a second group soon.

Agent

Just got a Secret Handshake shotgun from a Vanguard rank up that has Luck in the Chamber (one bullet has bonus damage), increased reload when empty, increased range/accuracy. Seems like it could be a good combo of attributes.

gdt

I rolled an engram and got Insurmountable Skullfort.....seems like shit. Just remembered my Titan is running around with it in her inventory. Any use for it at all?

I won't shard it but probably won't put any xp into it.

Good thing I also got Helm of Saint 14 in the roll before :)

Edit: Am I the only one that spells it "RNGsus"? Wouldn't RNGesus be arr-en-g-e-sus?

The only way for the game to offer a consistent challenge but keep the grind system is for the AI or events in the raid to be dynamic. Send in enemies randomly, dont have ogres always appear after the second attack on Crota, have them appear randomly, send in Wizards randomly etc..

After I got over the initial frustrations of figuring out the glitches, I honestly loved this part of doing flawless runs with glitched Atheon. Every part before that was honed down to a precise, repetitive execution, but then you had to be ready for anything right at the most important, final moments. It was a combination requiring mechanical mastery and improvisation that I only ever got from procedural generation like in Spelunky. Destiny needs to be more dynamic in a lot of ways.

nowai

I rolled an engram and got Insurmountable Skullfort.....seems like shit. Just remembered my Titan is running around with it in her inventory. Any use for it at all?

I won't shard it but probably won't put any xp into it.

Good thing I also got Helm of Saint 14 in the roll before :)

It's my favorite Striker helm, especially for PvP. Getting transfusion for free means more beastly grenades with aftershocks.

joecanada

is the only way to get a runed core from Eris? If so I'll be ditching murmur soon, hate that forced levelling ( I think you need Eris lvl 3 for this)

This is another post complaining that legendary primary engrams can turn into stupid shards :( Dreaming of 331 Hawkmoons and weapons unseen

What sucks is vanguard/crucible/cryptarch packages, you go through one RNG and you might get a purple engram, then go through a second RNG to see if it even turns into a weapon when you decrypt it.

Is BS.

joecanada

can anyone confirm whether you still get rewards from vanguard ROC even if marks are maxed?

I just want ONE decent purple handcannon, please! anyway possible ! (the vanguard vendor one stinks 5 rd. clip)

CLBridges

can anyone confirm whether you still get rewards from vanguard ROC even if marks are maxed?

I just want ONE decent purple handcannon, please! anyway possible ! (the vanguard vendor one stinks 5 rd. clip)

Oh yeah. You still have a chance at all the drops that could happen minus marks.

I managed to max out my iron banner rank earlier, tried rerolling the scout I found along with the bought auto rifle, nothing great in terms of skills, used up 28 light doing so heh.

Feels good to max it out and rocking every iron banner item I can get, had to glimmer farm for about 3 hours just to buy everything.

Still upsetting to see tiger strikes without engrams, it's really stupid.

SkylineRKR

So you got an exotic shard last week, that's like 7 coins. That's pretty good loot honestly, now you can upgrade an exotic you have stashed in your vault. You just need a little bit of glimmer. Xur will bring something for you this friday, trust me, he's not random they look at what the community really wants and make him bring something that can change the communities mind about what they want. Really the drops from the nightfall etc are just icing on the cake, your main goal every 2 weeks should be to get a commendation and enough marks to buy yourself the gear you need. Everything else is just extra and you don't need it, which is why it isn't dropping.

Plenty exotic shards as well. Plenty commendations I don't use because I have all Raid pieces. No point in buying inferior gear if you have that. And the Raid are pretty much the best part about this game so most players should have at least one or 2 of these pieces by now. If you don't play this you're missing out.

Nightfall is constructed so that you're better off doing it on Tuesday so you get the weekly XP buff earlier, which does affect the rate of your faction rank.

For aforementioned Raids you'll need certain Exotics to have a more decent experience. Especially if one wants to play Heroic Raid soon.

Deku Tree

Flawless attempt group from last night

DekuBleep (31 Warlock)
Messiek (31 Warlock Titan Hunter...)
sjay1994 (30 Warlock)
JTran2003 (30 Warlock)
iRAWRasaurus (31)
Log Ride

We were flawless all the way through twice except for the Templar expulsion bug and the jumping deaths. We said we wanted to try again tonight around the same time 9pm est. I can be on by 8:30. Please confirm if you can make it or if you can't. I'd like to try again as we are very close.

If you were shaky with you jumps then please watch the flawless video linked in the OP and we can practice the jumps.

Yeah I can be on.

For floatingdivider, I would assume it was joking post but posting doesnt allow to indicate the humor part. Always liked his "DLC review"

I'll be online. I won't mess the jump this time, I'll do the safest thing.
I'm sorry :|

I can make it

Reposting again for new page. Please confirm if you can make it or if you can't.

nowai

The Chance from FWC has great impact and field scout. TFWPKY from the Crucible is also a decent alternative.

The vendor Devil You Don't unfortunately blows.

Easily the worst bounty in this game. Dismantled my first Thorn by mistake so I had to do it again. At least it's the updated version.

15897791527_d1e6eb51ea_b.jpg

16057765636_3ed6234957_b.jpg

15463895813_bc6f1be45e_b.jpg

So you got an exotic shard last week, that's like 7 coins. That's pretty good loot honestly, now you can upgrade an exotic you have stashed in your vault. You just need a little bit of glimmer. Xur will bring something for you this friday, trust me, he's not random they look at what the community really wants and make him bring something that can change the communities mind about what they want. Really the drops from the nightfall etc are just icing on the cake, your main goal every 2 weeks should be to get a commendation and enough marks to buy yourself the gear you need. Everything else is just extra and you don't need it, which is why it isn't dropping.

Is this a shtick?

SkylineRKR

Is this a shtick?

Pretty sure there is some salt involved. Read his other posts is as well.

Destiny isn't great by any means, hes right in that. But its gameplay is, and playing with friends is just almost always fun. Collecting stuff is addicting. If there wasn't loot, people wouldn't make alts to run Raids multiple times. They wouldn't even run it multiple times (perhaps for the trophies)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ok heading home shortly for the Hard VoG Raid, looks like the final roster is as follows unless I missed someone earlier in the thread.

1. Qwell
2. DaveS78
3. Coconut (PSN: KrugerrandMan)
4. EroticSushi
5. Thesoremaker
6. Hawkian (assuming da_hated_1 did get his group up and running)

and I assume we are for 5:30pm PST ... lets hope traffic isn't too garbage.
oh okay good. so about an hour

Do you guys know how many bullets the Suros has?

:p it's all good pika. If you want to finish it before reset I'm down.
Give me a bite of that.

Yeah, I mean annoying talk aside (that's doable), he was doing ok for most of it (dying and us 5-manning it >v>) but at atheon it just went terribly. kinda glad we didn't pass it so he wouldn't get his vex I guess

Top Bottom