• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

cilonen

I'm much preferring Thorn over Last Word at the moment, although I've not unlocked much on Last Word at all to be fair. I find the animations a little distracting TBH.

I've also been grinding crucible this week partially to get the max out marks trophy and partially working towards a TFWPKY - then Vanguard reward package goes and gives me a TDYD with radar staying active perk. Not especially thrilled about the range on that though.

EL CUCO

It's all RNG. Although I do wonder if the factions have slightly worse drop rates considering they have less overall gear compared to Vanguard/Crucible Quartermasters.

That could be it. Vanguard/Crucible drops could be hit or miss but overall never felt as stingy.
_____

On a positive note...
MUWWefp.jpg

blazeuk

Maybe I should dismantle more of my legendary weapons or something. I keep a bunch in case I want to give an alt one (don't have any alts yet though). I should hopefully be done with ascendant energy on this character for a while after a couple more VoG runs though. I do have a stockpile of ascendant shards, but not energy.

But yeah, If anyone wants to run hard VoG right now, let me know.

I'm up for it if you find a full group, I don't need shards or energy but I still don't have the Vex or Fatebringer so I'm still doing it every week (Fatebringer being limited to 300 attack isn't great but I'd still like to try it).

PSN same as here.

Shito

It's all RNG. Although I do wonder if the factions have slightly worse drop rates considering they have less overall gear compared to Vanguard/Crucible Quartermasters.
I've had 3 consecutive vanguard packages with shits in them. Shard, energy, mote, and that's it.
Lord RNG sucks equally for all.

Frenden

Banned
Just got a void Vanguard shotgun with luck in the chamber, hammer forged, and crowd control with a six round magazine from a rank up. The last few have been class items and total crap, though.

Thorn bounty, here I come.

jaaz

Dammit, I'm like 550 points away from Rep level 4 with Eris. I don't think I can get enough points in one reset to get to 4, unless I wake up tomorrow morning at 3:55 am and do the double rep trick. Decisions decisions...

rNilla

I've had 3 consecutive vanguard packages with shits in them. Shard, energy, mote, and that's it.
Same here. It's getting old. At least a weapon or armor piece I don't need would turn into a couple of materials.

Dammit, I'm like 550 points away from Rep level 4 with Eris. I don't think I can get enough points in one reset to get to 4, unless I wake up tomorrow morning at 3:55 am and do the double rep trick. Decisions decisions...

Have you finished the Urn quest line on that characer? We were just posting about it the last page or two, it gives rep for each step, you could get close to 550 just with that, maybe even exceed it once Xur comes tomorrow.

Same here. It's getting old. At least a weapon or armor piece I don't need would turn into a couple of materials.

It could be worse, you could get a shittier version of a purchasable item. My very first Vanguard rank gave me Secret Handshake, with Cascade and Feeding Frenzy perk :/

nowai

I'm up for it if you find a full group, I don't need shards or energy but I still don't have the Vex or Fatebringer so I'm still doing it every week (Fatebringer being limited to 300 attack isn't great but I'd still like to try it).

PSN same as here.

It's still boss for arc burn days.

Shito

Up until today's TDYD the last four or five have been complete shit for me.

Rahool doesn't give a shit any more either. Just decrypted 6 blues to level me up? Here, have two more blues.
Had a Rahool package with two purples in it a few hours ago.
First time I've seen that in a looooong time.

PSN same as here.

It's only limited for activities that are level 31+. Outside of Crota's Raid, you still get maximum efficiency from any maxed pre-DLC weapon. If Bungie continues the precedent for House of Wolves, only then with level 32 weekly/daily content will you have to hang them up for good.

btkadams

PSN same as here.

If anyone fancies running a VOG Hard Raid send me an invite. I'm a Lvl 31 Hunter.

PSN = Ikkarus

If you get a group going I can join. I have a 31 Warlock and 31 Titan I need to do it on yet.
Looks like there are 4 of us! (I want to do it too)

So the 2-3 marks you get per match in Crucible is the only way to earn them?

If so that really sucks. Vanguard marks are so much easier to get.

jaaz

Have you finished the Urn quest line on that characer? We were just posting about it the last page or two, it gives rep for each step, you could get close to 550 just with that, maybe even exceed it once Xur comes tomorrow.

Yeah, unfortunately I did, as its my main. I think its either wake up tomorrow morning or wait until Saturday.

lupin23rd

Has Bungie ever explained why the faction vendors don't sell the complete inventory of what they offer? Got a Prudence II sniper rifle from a New Monarchy package (and of course it was solar which I completely didn't need), and it baffles me why this shit isn't available for sale from the start. Don't think we should have these hidden away in RNG.

So does Rahool just hate me or has the Cryptarch been terrible since they made him "better"?

I've turned in 13 legendary engrams since the update and 13 out of 13 have been materials. Not a single armor or weapon. It went from discouraging to just silly :p

But on the bright side, I got 2 Husk of the Pit weapons back to back the day they made the first mission of the DLC replayable :p I didn't even know it was rare. Good weapon for leveling my lvl 10 :)

lupin23rd

So the 2-3 marks you get per match in Crucible is the only way to earn them?

If so that really sucks. Vanguard marks are so much easier to get.

As someone who doesn't play much crucible, I totally agree.

Sucks because I've got so many commendations from levelling up New Monarchy and yet I just barely have enough marks to get one gun from them.

I feel like they need to either:

a) bring back the exchange of materials for marks (of either type), or
b) increase the marks earned from each match, maybe even just to 3 for a loss, 5 for a win

jaaz

I always seem to get a vanguard commendation in each package. I must have like 8 stockpiled already, as I don't need to buy armor or weapons from the vanguard anymore. I wish I could trade them in for mats though, as that's what I use all my marks on these days.

todd360

I-I don't desire heart of praxic fire anymore. Starfire protocol has touched me in places that I wasn't aware I even had. It is truly a regal robe fit for a descendant of the Marie Antoinette bloodline.

As someone who doesn't play much crucible, I totally agree.

Sucks because I've got so many commendations from levelling up New Monarchy and yet I just barely have enough marks to get one gun from them.

I feel like they need to either:

a) bring back the exchange of materials for marks (of either type), or
b) increase the marks earned from each match, maybe even just to 3 for a loss, 5 for a win

Shit it totally would farm mats versus doing crucible matches. Really sucks there is no other way when there are so many for vanguard.

NastyBook

I'm sorry. It's not you guys, Dante, it's me. I just don't have the patience for multiple wipes on Crota. I'm just gonna do fresh runs or I won't the do it at all.

I-I don't desire heart of praxic fire anymore. Starfire protocol has touched me in places that I wasn't aware I even had. It is truly a regal robe fit for a descendant of the Marie Antoinette bloodline.

What is the meaning of this? Todd, did it touch you in a bad place? It's ok. You can tell us

Top Bottom