• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

At least Queen's Wrath gave me one of the best snipers in the game (x3) and a purple ship. And 500 helmets / chests.

Yeah same here. Plus the campaign missions had modifiers. Also the legendary rewards allowed people to feel comfortable creating alts. Eris does none of that. The most interesting thing about Eris is waiting up for the reset so I can double up on bounties. Her shaders are beautiful also

spyder_ur

Got back from New Hampshire and am hungover as hell, just wanted to say Happy New Year and thanks to all the Destiny folks from here that I have had a great time playing with these last few months.

Now does anyone want to run 2 weeklies?

Yeah Uzrok is not easy on your own. He doesn't spawn for very long either.

Will have to try again after New Years dinner.

Anyone interested in taking him on later tonight?

I wonder who the vendor for house of wolves will be. I hope its some sort of rogue fallen. Probably will just be the queens emissary they used for the queens wrath event though....or her brother.

I also remember how everyone thought the reef would be the end game place to hang out. It's dissapointing you go there for two cutscenes and then never again.

I wonder who the vendor for house of wolves will be. I hope its some sort of rogue fallen. Probably will just be the queens emissary they used for the queens wrath event though....or her brother.

I also remember how everyone thought the reef would be the end game place to hang out. It's dissapointing you go there for two cutscenes and them never again.

It's always on your map but it's empty. Such a troll to put that just for two cut scenes

Deku Tree

How much rep did it give?

So far 250 including the NF bonus 100+25+100+25

What's the fastest way to do the urn part where you have to kill things with void damage?

I did Chamber of night. Kill everything in the final room and collect all the triangles but don't activate the end of the mission instead go to orbit. Then go back into the mission at the final checkpoint and do it again.

EL CUCO

Yeah Uzrok is not easy on your own. He doesn't spawn for very long either.

Will have to try again after New Years dinner.

Anyone interested in taking him on later tonight?

I actually just picked up the quest. Not sure that I'm going to be on later though :(

I'll be hanging around Skywatch in the meantime. No mic though.

Deku Tree

Anyone check out the Primary Raid weapons for Crota's End? Can't say I'm terribly enthusiastic about any of them. Abyss Defiant looks servicable and intersting with Hip Fire. The pulse rifle could be fun, but that's about it. I love Scout rifles but Fang of Ir Yut is a snoozer.

Abyss Defiant (Legendary Auto Rifle)

Fang of Ir Yût (Legendary Scout Rifle)

Word of Crota (Legendary Hand Cannon)

Oversoul Edict (Legendary Pulse Rifle)

Vanity weapons covered in Hive Rock!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Holy fuck how do you have 300+ strange coins? I'm sitting at 150 and I barely buy anything.

By earning them?
I get way too many even after doing 3 Weeklies which nets me +27, I get at least +15 (3 characters) from engrams/chest/public time event bonus package/crucible on top of that

I still have those stupid lantern heads too. Can't even dismantle them.

I just have them for safe keeping, will use them up eventually...

Damn Hunter looks sexy in 3/4 Raid gear pieces with Chatterwhite
ElFDu1C.jpg

If folks hadn't seen on Gaming side. Sony is giving 5 days of PS+ as compensation for holiday outage. Haven't heard anything about Xbox Live. Sony is also throwing in a one-time use 10% off coupon for a full shopping cart, not just a single item.

Glad I hadn't pre-ordered Bloodborne and The Order: 1886 yet.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anyone check out the Primary Raid weapons for Crota's End? Can't say I'm terribly enthusiastic about any of them. Abyss Defiant looks servicable and intersting with Hip Fire. The pulse rifle could be fun, but that's about it. I love Scout rifles but Fang of Ir Yut is a snoozer.

hmmm i want all of these pretty bad.

Abyss Defiant with the perk seems like it could be a decent stand-in for Suros and shuts down wizards... Fang of Ir Yut is an Arc scout rifle with Field Scout and Third Eye... Word of Crota is a Void hand cannon (worth the price of admission for that alone) and the unique perk is right up my alley. shame oversoul edict is arc, but it fires full-auto and penetrates knight shields. would be happy with any of them honestly.

By earning them?
I get way too many even after doing 3 Weeklies which nets me +27, I get at least +15 (3 characters) from engrams/chest/public time event bonus package/crucible on top of that

I just have them for safe keeping, will use them up eventually...

ElFDu1C.jpg

I just don't see how anyone can have 350+, RNG has not granted me a lot of strange coins I just do the weeklys for it.

Also the raid helmet for hunters looks amazing.

I'm hoping someone can post a picture of how a raid hunter look with the last IB shader, I have yet to unlock it myself but I want to.

Deku Tree

If folks hadn't seen on Gaming side. Sony is giving 5 days of PS+ as compensation for holiday outage. Haven't heard anything about Xbox Live. Sony is also throwing in a one-time use 10% off coupon for a full shopping cart, not just a single item.

Is there a dollar amount discount max on that 10% discount?

ElFDu1C.jpg

OOOOOOOOH, Chatterwite is sexy. Much better than on VoG gear even.I have been using Chattershitbrown from the Raid and thought it was kinda meh. Thunderdevil is my favorite shader overall, but it doesn't really stand out with Crota gear.

Hate the designs of most of the CE weapons. Let's just glue skulls and sh.. to the guns.

My BestBuy gamer club net me a better discount most of the time. I might look into buying something that I can only purchase through sony store, like Transistor

EL CUCO

I'm only interested in the Scout Rifle. The HC looks pretty pedestrian. It's only saving grace is void burn.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I just don't see how anyone can have 350+, RNG has not granted me a lot of strange coins I just do the weeklys for it.

Well do you get roughly 50+ Blue engrams/week
Try to cap Crucible marks on 3 characters every week...
Still do chest runs
Public Time Event Daily Gold Tier Package on 3 characters

It adds up way too quickly
I've spent roughly 200+ coins already if you can believe it on Xur Goodies

Edit: Oh by the way I still need to run NF/Weekly on Hunter too!
Don't forget NF can drop 5-9 Strange Coins too

Shito

OOOOOOOOH, Chatterwite is sexy. Much better than on VoG gear even.I have been using Chattershitbrown from the Raid and thought it was kinda meh. Thunderdevil is my favorite shader overall, but it doesn't really stand out with Crota gear.
Iron banner shaders still have my preference. Goldspiral on a CE raid warlock is just so sexy and swag.
Will post a pic later if I have time. ^^

jaaz

Our long DestinyGAF Praxic Nightmare is over.

But Starfire Protocol is such a worthy successor. It needed to be to end the Praxic Nightmare.

By the way Todd, you're better off than me, I have still to get either one of those chests, and I've been playing since Alpha.

Vhayne

Neo Member
Anyone have a Crota checkpoint they wouldn't mind sharing? Wanna practice my sword skills with my clan but none of us seem to have a checkpoint :-/

psn Nocturne-D

Well do you get roughly 50+ Blue engrams/week
Try to cap Crucible marks on 3 characters every week...
Still do chest runs
Public Time Event Daily Gold Tier Package on 3 characters

It adds up way too quickly
I've spent roughly 200+ coins already if you can believe it on Xur Goodies

Edit: Oh by the way I still need to run NF/Weekly on Hunter too!
Don't forget NF can drop 5-9 Strange Coins too

This is true, I don't try capping marks and doing most public events. Ha you are legit about getting your stuff done every week.

Also if you have the last IB shader I would love to see how it looks on your hunter with 3/4 raid gear

todd360

But Starfire Protocol is such a worthy successor. It needed to be to end the Praxic Nightmare.

By the way Todd, you're better off than me, I have still to get either one of those chests, and I've been playing since Alpha.

I was in alpha as well. Plus I'm a guardian lord. I deserve this. What do I have to do to earn this gear bungie lol. I finally have a story though. I had to kill 308 dudes and destroy omnigul. twas a shit storm of enemies.

Top Bottom