• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

I was in alpha as well. Plus I'm a guardian lord. I deserve this. What do I have to do to earn this gear bungie lol. I finally have a story though. I had to kill 308 dudes and destroy omnigul. twas a shit storm of enemies.

Is this what Bungie has in mind when they wanted a story for every exotic you earned.

Like that one, or 43 hard mode VoG clears later...

Finally got my Titan to 20+. Level 24 feels good, enjoying Titan more than I thought I would too. I procrastinated so long on making one because I had no interest at all in them really.

GhaleonEB

Don't think so. It is all RNG.

Could be.

I got back from vacation on Saturday, and my daughter gets back tonight. Since she got new gear right before she left, and wanted to run the raid this weekend, I've been doing some bounties each day on her character, leveling up her gear (but not selecting the perks, she'll get to do that). I've also been accumulating engrams, so she can cash them all in when she gets back.

She has an exotic primary and an exotic helm. Over the week, I got two primary weapon engrams, and two helm engrams.

Her specialty weapon, heavy weapon and chest armor are still rare level gear. I have 9 specialty weapon engrams, 7 heavy weapon and 6 for chest.

If it's pure RNG it's one heck of a coincidence that she's getting drops for the slots with the lowest ranked gear. Maybe there just aren't very many for helms and primaries, dunno.
It doesn't. At all.

Well....

Anyone killing Crota? Would like to help my brother knock him out this week. 31 Titan, 31 Warlock, or 30 Hunter. I have 331 Gjallarhorn, and have downed him many times. PS4 The_Reckoning.

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's the highest impact pulse rifle there is. I don't have it but I've seen it wreck in crucible and pve.

Red Death is a great weapon for when not dying is imperative.

All right I'm keeping it, will upgrade and try it in next CE and Iron Banner.

By earning them?
I get way too many even after doing 3 Weeklies which nets me +27, I get at least +15 (3 characters) from engrams/chest/public time event bonus package/crucible on top of that

I just have them for safe keeping, will use them up eventually...

Damn Hunter looks sexy in 3/4 Raid gear pieces with Chatterwhite
ElFDu1C.jpg

Hunter probably has the best looking raid boots and overall best looking new raid gear.

The Hunter looks even better with full CE armor, Chatterwhite, AND the level 1 Makeshift Scarf class item...

Keb1KDbh.jpg

That helm gives me Dead Space vibes, love it.

Is this what Bungie has in mind when they wanted a story for every exotic you earned.

Like that one, or 43 hard mode VoG clears later...

Yep, our story is how many fruitless attempts were made before hitting the big one. Othertimes you always hear about the unsuspecting noob haul in a Gjallarhorn and have no idea what they won.

Shito

Hunter probably has the best looking raid boots and overall best looking new raid gear.
I prefer the warlock raid set. By a whole lot.
We can probably agree that the Titan's one suck, though.

Edit: except for the helm.
Hunters win the helm.

xCobalt

Ever since my friend pointed out that all hunter boots are asymmetrical, it kinda bothered me. There's always missing laces, kneepads or something.

Jinjo

Could be.

I got back from vacation on Saturday, and my daughter gets back tonight. Since she got new gear right before she left, and wanted to run the raid this weekend, I've been doing some bounties each day on her character, leveling up her gear (but not selecting the perks, she'll get to do that). I've also been accumulating engrams, so she can cash them all in when she gets back.

She has an exotic primary and an exotic helm. Over the week, I got two primary weapon engrams, and two helm engrams.

Her specialty weapon, heavy weapon and chest armor are still rare level gear. I have 9 specialty weapon engrams, 7 heavy weapon and 6 for chest.

If it's pure RNG it's one heck of a coincidence that she's getting drops for the slots with the lowest ranked gear. Maybe there just aren't very many for helms and primaries, dunno.

Well....

Today I was getting a lot of gloves and helmet engrams while those slots contain an exotic and raid gloves for me. I've more than often gotten legendary engrams for the slots that contained exotics. Just don't try to look into it too much, before you know it you have people running around with common heavy guns in order to get those heavy legendary engrams for Gjallarhorn lol.

Take for instance the exotic bounty choices. There's two possible bounty collections the game will present you. You figure it's a 50/50 chance what the game gives you, but I've gotten the same exotic bounty collection about 15 times in a row. That's like flipping a coin 15 times and having it land on tails every single time. Sounds unlikely, but it can happen.

Not too mention the amount of duplicate exotics the game gives me. There is no real "system" behind it aside from luck. Or it's so convuluted that's it not worth figuring it out.

todd360

So I've mentioned this before, but I really think we should make a destiny podcast. Just like how personagaf has an amazing podcast. I can take care of everything, but I need a good name before I try to make it happen. Would you guys like a podcast? Would you like to be on the podcast? If so, give me a name we can be proud of.

Oh man that chest looks awesome. I need to get mine.

Yeah, the Hunter is my third and least played character, but dear Lord does her CE Raid armor look good. Thought the VoG set was very underwhelming.

My Titan main is 32, just need the raid helmet for him, and my Warlock can hit max with a chest drop. Guess I'll be playing as my Hunter until the reset...having the full set certainly boosts my interest in playing her more.

hydruxo

Ever since my friend pointed out that all hunter boots are asymmetrical, it kinda bothered me. There's always missing laces, kneepads or something.

Bungie is all about making the most asymmetrical shit for Hunter gear and it's annoying. I hate how the CE gauntlets have the big ass thing sticking out on one shoulder but it's not on the other side. The VoG gauntlets were the same way.

Overall the Hunter CE gear looks way better than the VoG stuff does though, particularly the helm which looks awesome.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I'll be cheering on your Ducks. I'm an Eagles fan so I appreciate them for giving us Chip Kelly. Also think FSU is super overrated and want someone to put them in their place!
I miss Chip. I now follow the Eagles because of him and some Ducks players on that team.

IB Goldspiral:
PuOiiwjl.jpg

Thanks, might have to grind IB next time it is out for the IB Goldspiral, it seems so nice and non flashy. I love my chatterwhite but it is just too much.

The Hunter looks even better with full CE armor, Chatterwhite, AND the level 1 Makeshift Scarf class item...

Keb1KDbh.jpg

That helm gives me Dead Space vibes, love it.

First time where I don't want to wear any exotic armor for my hunter. The armor is too good.

Frenden

Banned
So I've mentioned this before, but I really think we should make a destiny podcast. Just like how personagaf has an amazing podcast. I can take care of everything, but I need a good name before I try to make it happen. Would you guys like a podcast? Would you like to be on the podcast? If so, give me a name we can be proud of.

I was going to start one. Who Sharded was a possibility.

I'm game. I have/am the Legendary Engram twitter account and can help publicize it either way. I'd love to be a part of, or even just listen to, a GAF-made Destiny podcast.

i think female warlock / titan armor looks better than the male. but male hunter is definitely the best

Nice cloak, I have the same one. Spent a lot of time grinding for the mark for it. It is the reason why I don't want to splurge and buy the Speaker's cloak (either Strength of the Pack or Walker Tribune)

Frenden

Banned
The Gravebreaker vanguard set for hunter is amazing with no shaders applied. I bought the full matching set for Crucible, if nothing else. I'm still hoping for vanity slots that will never come.

Could be.

Well....

Now that you mention it, I do think it kind of favors you when you are still holding Rare gear. Legendary rolls and engrams seem to be strictly RNG, but I did notice on both my characters getting fewer engram drops for slots once they became Legendary and Exotic.

It is such a short phase in the overall end-game that you may not notice it.

todd360

I was going to start one. Who Sharded was a possibility.

I'm game. I have/am the Legendary Engram twitter account and can help publicize it either way. I'd love to be a part of, or even just listen to, a GAF-made Destiny podcast.

Oh wow I didn't know that twitter was you. I don't really need help getting it started. I can make the website and set everything up myself. I just need a core group of people for the actual discussions and I'll ask for guests here. It would probably be a monthly podcast because I don't think we would have enough stuff to talk about every 2 weeks or so. I just need a name I can get behind and then I can make the stuff we need this weekend.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Also I've done the unthinkable, there was no way in hell I could level that many exotic to net me double exotic shards, so I just started sharding doubles/taking up space

Dragon's Breath x2
Bad Juju (331)
Hawkmoon (300)
Invective (331) x2
Suros Regime (331)
Universal Remote (300)

>_>;

i think female warlock / titan armor looks better than the male. but male hunter is definitely the best

It looks good, but Titan Male is pretty kick ass. I am thinking about making one just for that. I love the VoG helm, most interesting design in the game.

Top Bottom