• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

E92 M3

I've got a Solar version of that rifle, but not quite as nice perks. You'll be pleased.

and damn, maxxed 331 Thunderlord just shreds things in seconds.

Thunderlord is a sex ass gun - but I love my Against All Odds that has more impact than TL. That said, I regret cheapening out and not getting the TL upgrade when Xur offered it.

realcZk

no it's obsolete

whaaat? the 300 gjallarhorn is still perfectly viable and is much stronger than a 331 attack RL (even the best 331 RL, the hunger of crota)

in the videos of soloing/2-manning crota they still have pre-DLC ballerhorns, and ive seen em in action on crota, it makes the HoC look like a kids toy

331 Hunger of Crota: roughly 3299 damage with each cluster doing 69 damage
300 Gjallarhorn: roughly 2800 damage with each tracking doing ~239 or 249

sauce: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...jallarhorn_versus_331_hunger_of_crota_rocket/

Namikaze1

Hahaha! I'm not doing Illuminator on my Hunter. Defender Titans have it easy due to Gift of the Void and that other perk I can't name at the moment.

whaaat? the 300 gjallarhorn is still perfectly viable and is much stronger than a 331 attack RL (even the best 331 RL, the hunger of crota)

in the videos of soloing/2-manning crota they still have pre-DLC ballerhorns, and ive seen em in action on crota, it makes the HoC look like a kids toy

331 Hunger of Crota: roughly 3299 damage with each cluster doing 69 damage
300 Gjallarhorn: roughly 2800 damage with each tracking doing ~239 or 249

sauce: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...jallarhorn_versus_331_hunger_of_crota_rocket/

He's joking, he only has the 300 Old Gjallar.

People can hate Destiny and Bungie all they like as I hate some if not most of the decisions they made with the game but outright disrespecting people who are still playing the game and/or enjoy it is damn distasteful. I seriously don't understand why some people are pissed that there are people actually enjoying their time in the game. I can't venture into any other Destiny thread since you have posts with people disrespecting those that still play the game. I would post in those threads but I rather not get ban. It just gets on my nerves their disrespectful attitude towards Destiny players.

I've made so many good friends now that I am in a clan, we all just play together, we do raids, weeklies, dailies, bounties, etc. Destiny for me sort of became this hangout place where I can both have fun and socialize, so the grind although still there isn't a problem for me, it's just another reason to come back for more of the above. No other game managed to keep me playing for this long, and I'm not one to be swayed by others. I'm having fun. Do I care if other people call me an assburger for doing so? No I do not. While they waste their breath calling us names, and pointing at us, we are still having fun, so in the end of the day who wins? LOL

Nuszka

Feel so bad now , my 28 hunter got carried by Daraman, i just joined at the end of nightfall , was no use to the fellow gaffer anyway, ended getting the best drop - Hawkmoon . Honestly feel bad about it.

Atkison04

At the chest after the bridge on crota raid solo. Anyone want to do me a solid and join so i can switch in my alts for the loot? Ps4 the7thAssassin

Hahaha! I'm not doing Illuminator on my Hunter. Defender Titans have it easy due to Gift of the Void and that other perk I can't name at the moment.

1. Equip Bad Juju

2. We've woken the hive

3. Kill a few thralls

4. Pop Golden Gun and kill 2 yellow acolytes

5. ???

6. Profit

R0ckman

so jealous.

i wish this sniper had 37 RoF and not 18. (for reference, praedyth's revenge's RoF is 37).

43 would be ideal though. I have a calcultta with a 43 RoF and it fires almost as fast as The Last Word. It's a common though and it only has 3 rounds.

There's a legendary with 43 RoF but idk how to get it.

I believe prudence ii is the fastest sniper, I compared it to my revenge and it was higher, threw my revenge in the vault, hell may even break it down for energy. I love it in crucible!

So did crota ever chase anyone off the upper level to the lower level
Edit:
I've made so many good friends now that I am in a clan, we all just play together, we do raids, weeklies, dailies, bounties, etc. Destiny for me sort of became this hangout place where I can both have fun and socialize, so the grind although still there isn't a problem for me, it's just another reason to come back for more of the above. No other game managed to keep me playing for this long, and I'm not one to be swayed by others. I'm having fun. Do I care if other people call me an assburger for doing so? No I do not. While they waste their breath calling us names, and pointing at us, we are still having fun, so in the end of the day who wins? LOL
if you're referring to floatingdivider he actually was referring to himself as an assburger..and it was a joke post which doesn't translate well unless you have played with him before.

noomi

1. Equip Bad Juju

2. We've woken the hive

3. Kill a few thralls

4. Pop Golden Gun and kill 2 yellow acolytes

5. ???

6. Profit

Do you actually have to kill enemies with your special active to produce orbs, or is it enough to just use the special?

I believe prudence ii is the fastest sniper, I compared it to my revenge and it was higher, threw my revenge in the vault, hell may even break it down for energy. I love it in crucible!

yea that's the one. it caps out at 43 but i believe it takes a penalty to its stability.

jadedm17

If anyone needs an extra for nightfall or weekly heroic on ps4 add me.
Note : It's my alt so add ten mins from request for me to switch weapons.
notjaded

2 NFs, 2 legendary fusion rifles. :|
I'm dismantling any Solar or Arc fusion rifle that drops for me now, Murmur is just too versatile. I may never use Plan C or even Pocket Infinity now in PvE.

Thunderlord is a sex ass gun - but I love my Against All Odds that has more impact than TL. That said, I regret cheapening out and not getting the TL upgrade when Xur offered it.
Haven't had any heavy Legendaries drop for me yet, but my old 300's still do fine work when I want to use an exotic elsewhere.

I had a similar dream though instead of Thunderlord, it's Hard Light. Gun still hasn't dropped for me.

A lot of people say "ew why are you running hard light in your exotic slot" but fuck em. I don't really care if kicks like a donkey and prevents me from equipping another exotic. It' shoots plasma and makes cool pew pew noises.

On the topic of exotic primaries - I ran no land beyond for a few control matches last night. They really need to reduce scope-in time and decrease the time between shots. Either that or make the base damage the gun does much, much higher. IMO torso and headshots should instakill at close range. Gun is just too shitty to make it viable. That said, it's cool to play with a gun where you have to constantly assume you're not going to win an engagement head-on. Makes you really think of ways to use your positing and he environment to help you get that kill.

Well that's it. The Internet in Bumblefuck upstate New York is too slow to support remote play over Vita. I'm officially canceling Christmas. Time to pack up and go home everyone, Santa ain't showing up this year.

Top Bottom