• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Namikaze1

I feel as if Rare weapons have better designs than legendary weapons

B5i7wSYIgAE-bKo.jpg:orig

B5i7gwDIEAEA7eD.jpg:orig

Got my first ever purple engram drop tonight at level 28, was just a stupid mark sigh. A really ugly one too.

All I need is a helm which will push me well into 29. I have enough strange coins if xur happens to have one otherwise it will be either after the next reset(max marks I can have this week would be 106) or a lucky drop.

phen0m24

Child labor for the win.

Kiddo gets No Land Beyond from Crota chest, 331 G'Horn and Claws
shards
of Ahamkara from back to back Nightfalls.

On my Titan? I'm predicting shards or coins.

a blue engram turned into a legendary crucible HMG: Against All Odds, LOL

I'm swimming in ARs right now, all I am missing are new rocket launchers and new hand cannons.

This absolutely seems to be the case with a lot of Rare weapons that seem to have been added. I get that a lot of the legendary weapons are faction themed but I'd like to at least see more color variants like what the rares have.

spyder_ur

I believe prudence ii is the fastest sniper, I compared it to my revenge and it was higher, threw my revenge in the vault, hell may even break it down for energy. I love it in crucible!

I have the Prudence fully upgraded because I was looking for a 331 sniper. It's nice, but impact is crap and mine only holds 4 rounds. I like it, but interested in upgrading to fill the non-exotic Sniper role.

and some rare helmets look better than legendary helms
What perks does your ALO have? Mine came with field scout and I love it.

my against all odds has meh perks:

Kneeling increases stability (don't know the name)
and
Reloading After Kill temporarily increases damages (don't know the name), this is one is dumb for HMG due to the amount of time it takes to reload

The only reason why I am keeping it is because it is Arc and it is my only Heavy with Arc

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
whaaat? the 300 gjallarhorn is still perfectly viable and is much stronger than a 331 attack RL (even the best 331 RL, the hunger of crota)

in the videos of soloing/2-manning crota they still have pre-DLC ballerhorns, and ive seen em in action on crota, it makes the HoC look like a kids toy

331 Hunger of Crota: roughly 3299 damage with each cluster doing 69 damage
300 Gjallarhorn: roughly 2800 damage with each tracking doing ~239 or 249

sauce: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...jallarhorn_versus_331_hunger_of_crota_rocket/
*sigh*

spyder_ur

So did crota ever chase anyone off the upper level to the lower level

We were raiding yesterday and after a sword run he went to the lower level, left side near those rocks. I had no idea what was going on, but I looked away to kill some thralls and by the time I looked back he was already on the right side. Not sure how he got there, if he actually moved or teleported or what. I wish he had stayed down there, would have been interesting to see how the fight unfolded with some variability.

E92 M3

I fell in love with the lime green shader from Eris. It looks so cool and fresh with all raid gear. The sunset one is also enticing with all raid gear. Basically, having all raid gears makes many shaders look badass.

B5i7wSYIgAE-bKo.jpg:orig

B5i7gwDIEAEA7eD.jpg:orig
funny that besides overall damage, these seem to have better perks than The Devil You Don't. The only perk on the one that dropped for me that makes it seem worth keeping is Clown Cartridge, but that 5 round magazine just makes it meh at best.

EL CUCO

whaaat? the 300 gjallarhorn is still perfectly viable and is much stronger than a 331 attack RL (even the best 331 RL, the hunger of crota)

in the videos of soloing/2-manning crota they still have pre-DLC ballerhorns, and ive seen em in action on crota, it makes the HoC look like a kids toy

331 Hunger of Crota: roughly 3299 damage with each cluster doing 69 damage
300 Gjallarhorn: roughly 2800 damage with each tracking doing ~239 or 249

sauce: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...jallarhorn_versus_331_hunger_of_crota_rocket/

Man I was ecstatic about my HOC up until this post. I should've never clicked on the link. Fucking OP homing Wolf packs.
NERF IT, BUNGIE!
If I can't have it

w2HtPDJ.jpg

boofa

Neo Member
Man I was ecstatic about my HOC up until this post. I should've never clicked on the link. Fucking OP homing Wolf packs.
NERF IT, BUNGIE!
If I can't have it

w2HtPDJ.jpg

It may not match the strength of Gjallahorn, but I'm still psyched I got one last week since I don't have Ghorn. Would rather have gotten a Black Hammer instead of 2 Swordbreakers as well, but HoC was a nice consolation prize.

R0ckman

I have the Prudence fully upgraded because I was looking for a 331 sniper. It's nice, but impact is crap and mine only holds 4 rounds. I like it, but interested in upgrading to fill the non-exotic Sniper role.

It's a pvp weapon, mine has the an ability to boosts the magazine, it also has firefly, mine has some great use.

Zakalwe

Banned
better names too
They remind me of the names of the AI Minds that pilot starships in Ian M bank's Culture novels.

Gunboat Diplomat
Trade Surplus
The ends of invention
Tactical Grace
Attitude Adjuster
Ethics Gradient
Zero Gravitas
Etc...

They'd fit right in as gun names in Destiny. I think they must have taken inspiration.

spyder_ur

It's a pvp weapon, mine has the an ability to boosts the magazine, it also has firefly, mine has some great use.

Yeah, I don't use snipers much in PvP. Not really playing that much PvP in general - the fusion rifles are demoralizing and basically ruin the game for me. I can't remember the last time someone shot me with one and it wasn't a one hit kill. I'm sure it's happened, but it feels like every blue or better fusion I'm dead in one hit.

Like I said I don't mind it but really only upgraded because it's my only 331 Sniper. Mine does have Firefly too, that's pretty fun in some places, killed a tower knight yesterday and his buddy was stacked behind him, almost took him out too.

Any good legendary vendor snipers? I used the Epitaph for ages.

EL CUCO

It may not match the strength of Gjallahorn, but I'm still psyched I got one last week since I don't have Ghorn. Would rather have gotten a Black Hammer instead of 2 Swordbreakers as well, but HoC was a nice consolation prize.

Black Hammer is an amazing weapon. Hope you can nab one soon. It's an absolute murderer of everything with large crits like Ogres...etc

Namikaze1

It's okay man you'll get some cool drops soon you don't need to convince yourself that these boring non-purple guns are cool.
I got upgraded Gjallarhorn, The 4th Horseman, upgraded Plan C, upgraded Heart of Praxic Fire, upgraded No Backup Plans, and upgraded Mask of the Third man in the past 48 hours. Yeah, I got some cool drops recently. That's not taking into account the shit I got over the weekend.

They remind me of the names of the AI Minds that pilot starships in Ian M bank's Culture novels.

Gunboat Diplomat
Trade Surplus
The ends of invention
Tactical Grace
Attitude Adjuster
Ethics Gradient
Zero Gravitas
Etc...

They'd fit right in as gun names in Destiny. I think they must have taken inspiration.

If you told me they were gun names, I'd believe you.

Coconut

Banned
I got upgraded Gjallarhorn, The 4th Horseman, Plan C, Heart of Praxic Fire, upgraded No Backup Plans, and upgraded Mask of the Third man in the past 48 hours. Yeah, I got some cool drops recently. That's not taking into account the shit I got over the weekend.

That's a good attitude visualize it so it will manifest, but don't sell yourself short with this blue weapon love.

Top Bottom