• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

rNilla

The horn and the praxic (as of recently) dont bother me too much. I dont even want Hawkmoon anymore. Fuck that gun...I may as well be playing on XBox seeing as i have not one Hawkmoon or Monte carlo...

I've gotten at least two of each. If only there were trading I'd gladly give my spares away.

LordofPwn

So I guess ComputerMKII became guardian lord. That's good to know, though would have preferred to find out on here than have my phone spammed while I sleep.

Also congrats Rodiard!

I bought the IB sniper yesterday, I still want Black Hammer but this thing is nasty.

I rerolled it until I got one with ambush, unflinching, final round dmg+ (meh), and perfect balance. I would have preferred a roll with arc or void with the fast reload on kill but 3 out of 5 upgrades I wanted is pretty good.

2 shots from a high impact weapon lets me shoot someone in the foot and they go down. It also looks cool asf. I was pulling 30 kills and 3.0 games with it and no upgrades lol. It kinda makes the vanguard sniper I bought a few days ago irrevelant though.

Worth the 10,000+ glimmer I think. I ran out of time to farm money to buy gauntlets on my titan tho :(

gdt

Got Ice Breaker and Hunter boots today. Hunter is now geared up for 30. Just need Warlock boots :).

And helmets for all 3 as well, but using exotics in those.

LiK

I really want to get my Hunter to 30 so I can do Crota twice in a week. just need more goddamn Sapphire Wire. So annoying.

I've gotten at least two of each. If only there were trading I'd gladly give my spares away.

I guess Bungie or Activision decided they didn't want to deal with the black market that surrounds games with player trading. Imagine how much real money a 331 Gjallarhorn would go for.

Dante316

Just got thunderlord from one the the nightfalls, gnna run other 2 after work it seems and do the raid possibly tonight or tomorrow.

I love radiant shards/energy from the first CE chest. I need like 100 shards for my current and future raid gear so why not. Reaching Eris rank 4 to trade energy for shards on the other hand...

Define reset? The upgrade thing was overblown: Your two options we're keep what you have or get something that starts stronger. The only thing that's weird is the vanguard now sells better gear than the first raid.

That's often not the case. 302 un-leveled GH <<< 300 max GH

Nice. I left Sepiks prime wondering why he even bothered spawning, the other night.

Just dont activate Hive Disruptor or we lose out on Hive Major crits. Still not sure if that's a bug or by design.

Yeah I was warned about the hive disruptor perk but then I forgot and leveled it anyway. Oh well, it still works sometimes like on the Crota Ogres.

Can you explain this? Don't have the gun yet, just curious. I'm not even sure what the Hive disruptor perk does generally on the raid weapons I have. Just what it says it does, I guess.

Hive disruptor does bonus damage to Hive majors, same as how VoG guns did bonus damage to oracles. The bonus damage would pop up as an extra hit marker when it proc'ed but the bonus damage is also white/non-precision damage.

So the non-precision bonus damage interrupts the 3-precision hit streak required for the Black Hammer's perk of refilling the mag after 3 consecutive crit shots.

OH MY FUCKING GOD YES HAWKMOON FINALLY

nsrlrj.jpg

Congrats to the new Guardian Lords! I hope to be there very soon. I just have that and the 50 ghosts. I need 18 left so I might do that before I attempt the last and most awesome achievement that I can't wait to dominate.

R0ckman

Yeah, I don't use snipers much in PvP. Not really playing that much PvP in general - the fusion rifles are demoralizing and basically ruin the game for me. I can't remember the last time someone shot me with one and it wasn't a one hit kill. I'm sure it's happened, but it feels like every blue or better fusion I'm dead in one hit.

Like I said I don't mind it but really only upgraded because it's my only 331 Sniper. Mine does have Firefly too, that's pretty fun in some places, killed a tower knight yesterday and his buddy was stacked behind him, almost took him out too.

Any good legendary vendor snipers? I used the Epitaph for ages.

I haven't run into many fusion rifle rampages, not where its really bad anyway. But going on rampages in pvp is getting a bit boring now, once you learn what weapons to use and when, the whole thing becomes a joke.

Have you checked out longbow?

rNilla

I think Praedyth's Timepiece will be my Praxic / Hawkmoon / Fatebringer / Gjallarhorn, though I haven't been trying very hard to acquire it.

EL CUCO

Can you explain this? Don't have the gun yet, just curious. I'm not even sure what the Hive disruptor perk does generally on the raid weapons I have. Just what it says it does, I guess.

Hive disruptor grants bonus damage on Hive Majors, the problem is the bonus damage is currently canceling out the critical damage. In not registering critical damage, the white nail perk (3 crit shots=3 bullets automatically return to the clip) is voided.

The perk still works as described with other races of enemies and red bar enemy Hive, just not any Hive majors like Phogoth (yellow bar) apparently it still works on Hive Ultras.

Edit: Beaten by Boguester like I owe him money

Nodnol

So Nightfall, Weekly and a CE run done.

Nothing to show for it really. Best thing, as always, was the Nightfall bonus. Raid just gave me shards, and as useful as they are, aren't as exciting.

Anyone else thinking about exchanging energy for shards with Eris? I already have some 331 weapons; surely Raid weapons can be put on hold whilst I prioritise getting to 32? Seems like a good idea. I don't have the luxury of alts...yet.

spyder_ur

Yeah I was warned about the hive disruptor perk but then I forgot and leveled it anyway. Oh well, it still works sometimes like on the Crota Ogres.

Hive disruptor does bonus damage to Hive majors, same as how VoG guns did bonus damage to oracles. The bonus damage would pop up as an extra hit marker when it proc'ed but the bonus damage is also white/non-precision damage.

So the non-precision bonus damage interrupts the 3-precision hit streak required for the Black Hammer's perk of refilling the mag after 3 consecutive crit shots.

Thanks, that makes alot of sense. Kind of like how explosive rounds can mess up firefly on Fatebringer. I'll worry about that when I get the damn gun instead of my third fusion or third MG.

I haven't run into many fusion rifle rampages, not where its really bad anyway. But going on rampages in pvp is getting a bit boring now, once you learn what weapons to use and when, the whole thing becomes a joke.

Have you checked out longbow?

Maybe I'm being a baby about fusion rifles. They drive me crazy though.

Longbow is Crucible, it looks like. Might check that out - I can get to 150 marks this week on at least one of my characters. Thanks.

Hive disruptor grants bonus damage on Hive Majors, the problem is the bonus damage is currently canceling out the critical damage. In not registering critical damage, the white nail perk (3 crit shots=3 bullets automatically return to the clip) is voided.

The perk still works as described with other races of enemies and red bar enemy Hive, just not any Hive majors like Phogoth (yellow bar)

Didnt Luke or Bungie say they are aware of issue on twitter?

Finally a Void Shotgun (Hide and Seek-42 w/Final Round and Rangefinder), though not sure if I'll be that interested in running Thorn bounties for it to be of major use.

Good news about the first Raid chest: shards and an exotic.

The bad news: the exotic was No Land Beyond.

Thanks to those who jumped into the Nightfall/weekly.

jadedm17

Well, they invalidated VOG gear and weapons. Had merchants selling better stuff and upgrading maxed exotics didn't make a difference between upgrading fresh ones. Overall, core players had zero benefit essentially for the work put in. As it stands now, only seeing a 32 would be a sure fire way of telling between experience or just purchased armor.

Among that, it's all about the weapon resume. I would like to see them treat us (core players) with more reverence.

It was all an overreaction. I upgraded my Suros and it started off over 300 before upgrading again. Core players had about as much incentive as they did before.

E92 M3

Do you guys think they should do something with class items and make them have some kind of bonuses? As it stands, getting a legendary class engram is the worst thing of them all.

It was all an overreaction. I upgraded my Suros and it started off over 300 before upgrading again. Core players had about as much incentive as they did before.

The perks were cancelled and it made no difference if the weapon given to Xur was upgraded or not. Basically it put everyone on the same playing field, while neglecting the work put in earlier. People spent months trying to get 30 in VOG only for the expansion to allow everyone to get to 31 with merchants.

rNilla

Do you guys think they should do something with class items and make them have some kind of bonuses? As it stands, getting a legendary class engram is the worst thing of them all.
They could at least dismantle into materials. I'd even take a shader chance from a class engram.

The perk still works as described with other races of enemies and red bar enemy Hive, just not any Hive majors like Phogoth (yellow bar)

What the hell is wrong with Bungie QA. Is it really that hard to have someone test each gun and checklist the damage numbers before releasing a patch?

It would be nice if they were more than cosmetic. Legendaries should have a subclass related perk.

Top Bottom