• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

MrS

Banned
My team needs 2 to finish off Crota. Add me on PSN if you're down: Mr-Stephen. 31s and people with experience with a sword preferable.

Ugh, Crucible is my favorite thing in this game and it's still such a slog to get marks.
I max out my marks every week eventually, but when I want to actually get something I feel like I need to marathon it and I wish I could just buy them :(

2-3 marks for a 10-15 minute game is nuts.

I can kill a a Devil Walker in a public event in less than a minute and get 4 marks.

The game is really uneven when it comes to rep and mark distribution. Like a target patrol mission gives 31 rep and it takes like no time to kill the low level enemy while a long harvest mission can take much longer and give 12 rep.

So weird

Can you quote it into this thread?

Here you go.
Everyone on the development team at Bungie is working on player experiences for the Destiny IP (although this week, many of us are on vacation for the holiday).

Some folks are working on content for DLC2, some of them are working on bug fixes to networking or content bugs for an upcoming patch to the live game and some are working on things that won't see the light of day till further down the road.

All the initial story was trying to say is that everyone on the development team are all focused trying to make the game better.

Enjoy your holidays.

There should be a Nightfall and Weekly equivalent for Crucible to earn a large chunk of rep in one match or something every week.

Crucible rep isn't that big of a deal. There are plenty of daily bounties that can earn rep.

It's marks. It takes forever to acquire enough marks to buy something. And factions being crucible-exclusive makes the problem even worse.

phen0m24

@nami

My son says 2 hours got him his Husk.

Wanted to report back to you.

Let's hope he takes it in the Crucible and gets MOAR lessons.

Namikaze1

Some PSN IDs out there, Jesus Christ. "Misogynist666"? Seriously? "NigthElf"? (sic)
Yeah, I've come across some like those. Though I have also come across some good ones. Came across two guys with Marvel names: TheWinterSoldier and Bucky_Barnes. I came across the latter quite a few times back in September and October. Recently came across a PSN user with XboxPlayer as their ID.

realcZk

Eah, I've come across some like those. Though I have also come across some good ones. Came across two guys with Marvel names: TheWinterSoldier and Bucky_Barnes. I came across the latter quite a few times back in September and October. Recently came across a PSN user with XboxPlayer as their ID.

i've seen "buckfungie" and "ibeatmykids1969"

also, sony needs to let us change psn ids already

SonComet

Am I gonna be the only one to hit double digits in hours spent getting the Husk in GAF?!
It dropped at random for me. I thought I had the mission to kill 3 sword bearers. I saw a message that one spawned. Killed it and got the husk and realized I didn't even have that mission on me. I never farmed. Ever since then RNG has cursed me with nothing but 2 shard drops from the raid.

So brand new to raids... Anyone willing to take me under their wing? Also need an assist on a weekly heroic.

Level 28 Defender Titan. PSN: TheExecutive

Online now.

It's Christmas week, so the weekly raid group I am in can't meet up for a full team. So, we're looking for one more. We'll be meeting up at 9:00 PM CDT (GMT -6). Sword duties are already covered.

Crota's End Raid (PSN Name)
  • DJ Lushious
  • lazybones18
  • Wired All Wrong
  • ArkkAngel007
  • Someone not on NeoGAF
  • R0ckman

Anyone care to join us tonight?

LiK

The more you want something, the less you'll get it. This is how RNGesus works. I didn't even care about the Vex and Ballerhorn originally, and yet I was given them.

R0ckman

It's Christmas week, so the weekly raid group I am in can't meet up for a full team. So, we're looking for one more. We'll be meeting up at 9:00 PM CDT (GMT -6). Sword duties are already covered.

Crota's End Raid (PSN Name)
  • DJ Lushious
  • lazybones18
  • Wired All Wrong
  • ArkkAngel007
  • Someone not on NeoGAF
  • Open

Anyone care to join us tonight?

I'll join - arekkusu77

I don't celebrate Christmas so I'm pretty much on a relaxing vacation, time to catch up on some destiny and other games.

Mindlog

Do you have to return to orbit after every Blade kill?
You can do that or run all the way to the shadow zone and kill yourself there. Then you run back to the stairs in the room before the ritual starts and a new ritual will start. It's probably about the same.

Anyone trying to kill Crota?

LiK

You can do that or run all the way to the shadow zone and kill yourself there. Then you run back to the stairs in the room before the ritual starts and a new ritual will start. It's probably about the same.

Anyone trying to kill Crota?
That would save a lot more time.

Top Bottom