• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

i have 26 energies and i need 34 shards to hit 32 with my current armor. still have an alt that can run the raid this week so hopefully she picks up 8 of either material. then it'll be a simple matter of grinding Eris rep.

this shit's such a chore, but somehow it pleases the former MMO player in me. there's a certain satisfaction in listing things you have to go do and tackling them in an efficient manner.

I just need 12 more radiant shards to get to 32 on my Titan. I will definitely get those next Tuesday.

As for another 128 to get my Hunter and Warlock to 32, that should be fun. At least ascendant shards were available elsewhere, really annoying they are exclusive to the raid.

I just need 12 more radiant shards to get to 32 on my Titan. I will definitely get those next Tuesday.

As for another 128 to get my Hunter and Warlock to 32, that should be fun. At least ascendant shards were available elsewhere, really annoying they are exclusive to the raid.

This puts a huge damper on folks running all 3 classes. It will be possible to hit 32 by the next DLC, but a huge chore. Working as intended.

This puts a huge damper on folks running all 3 classes. It will be possible to hit 32 by the next DLC, but a huge chore. Working as intended.
That's all they want this game to be. An addicting chore. You hate it but can't stop doing it.

Thought of deleting one of my Warlocks and doing a Hunter but I don't think I have the patience to focus on getting loot for two separate classes. I just need 5 shards to reach 32.

Yeah really annoying. Don't understand why they went this route.

I hope they don't keep it the same for the next expansion. It will take 3-4 raid resets with 3 characters to get 1 character to 32.

Hopefully the Eris trade will help once I get to rank 4.

I can only speculate they want people to feel compelled to play the Hard Raid of Crota for more drops.

All Raid Gear and tons of weapons from the Normal isn't making me feel it. Nechrocasm upgrade isn't a motivation given how weak Eidolons Ally is.

jadedm17

Greenymac, alexforlife and anyone who took me through Crota just now as a first timer I have to say thank you, that was a great experience. The knowledge and communication to share it made that a lot of fun.

Time to start upgrading my Black Hammer now. As if I didn't have enough awesome snipers.

That was just terrible netcode, but yeah something needs done with that titan smash, many times I've "jumped out of range" really quickly and the smash still gets me, yes I take into consideration stuff like shockwave but it's still feels the range is inconsistant.

Bungie really needs put in a ping filter, at this time of night (I'm in UK) online becomes unplayable as 8/10 people in a match have a red ping.

I'd happily wait in matchmaking an extra 3 minutes if it meant a good match when started.

That Titan was especially laggy, constantly running into walls and warping about, players like that should get booted out the match imo.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Just woke up from a good day sleep
/check the other thread, wrote a long winded post, 1 person quotes, so you can real tell those threads are not for debate or see it from the perspective of players who do enjoy Destiny with it's faults

Anyone doing CE or VoG or has a Gorgon HM checkpoint, wanna see what that exotic chest holds for me this week LOL

I want to be a fly.

Grab your sparrow and ride around Mothyards.

5Q81guP.jpg

Greenymac

Greenymac, alexforlife and anyone who took me through Crota just now as a first timer I have to say thank you, that was a great experience. The knowledge and communication to share it made that a lot of fun.

Time to start upgrading my Black Hammer now. As if I didn't have enough awesome snipers.

It was a pleasure Jaded! I had great tutors my first times thru VOG and Im gonna return the favor. Enjoy that Black Hammer. Hopefully Ill get one soon!

Alex4Lyfe isnt on these forums yet unfortunately, but I will relay the love.

How drunk was Bungie when they created that gun? At least Universal Remote is a good shotgun.

Makes you wonder if they do any type of playtesting on these guns. They try to avoid broken OP guns, but seem to whiff a lot on many guns that are just plain broken. Outside of the Mythoclast, all these offshoot primaries are just gimmicks that would suck even as a Blue weapon let alone an Exotic.

I'm looking to do CE fresh run. If anyone wants to do it sign up.

1. Greyblade
2. Freygar (greyblade's friend)

Edit: full now.

Wonder if Bungie will ever do anything meaningful with the clans. Such a wasted feature. Remember the big hubbub during the Alpha days when we were setting up the GAF clan and recruiting admins to run all the platform subclans etc. Lol, what a waste, I am still in one, but there is No activity and all the admins left. This thread is home base.

Holy shit! Purple heavy in my post box. Maybe it's my turn for da horn ;_;

*decrypts*

Cryptarch: Don't get your hopes up

Yes, he actually said that.

I guess I get the joke in a way. It's a novelty weapon.

However, I'm not sure if I appreciate it as part of the RNG.

Yeah I don't like being the butt of that joke either. It's the first Exotic weapon I've gotten in weeks. I was excited to see something from that chest but not when I read the name...

Why did I buy the Limited Edition PS4 version if I'm not even going to get any of the PS exclusive guns? Thanks for the ugly ship skin Bungie...

Greenymac

Wonder if Bungie will ever do anything meaningful with the clans. Such a wasted feature. Remember the big hubbub during the Alpha days when we were setting up the GAF clan and recruiting admins to run all the platform subclans etc. Lol, what a waste, I am still in one, but there is No activity and all the admins left. This thread is home base.

Yeag,quite disappointed, but still love that this thread became homebase. So many cool people and badass players, even if in their own way.

First Salvage match. Very interesting, though something I'm not quite sure I'd run with randoms in the way one could do Clash or Control.

Despite the loss, came out with something interesting:

10847834_10204482108546384_1953233595440699178_n.jpg

Top Bottom