• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Alucrid

Banned
got starfire protocol

10885119_482507028555354_5180197831395078647_n.jpg

everyday math: why does my gjallarhorn keep failing me? the tracking isn't working

5 minutes later...

everyday math: oh wait, i'm not even using gjallarhorn.

jadedm17

This loot system can be slightly less than optimal if you're partied with the same people a lot. I have a buddy I play with a bunch and we just cleared all the weekly activities. He ended up getting nothing but a pair of duplicate raid boots and his 4th swordbreaker. He ended up getting 3 shards and 7 or 8 energy out of the raid, and got coins, assmats and a terrible one shot legendary rocketlauncher from the nightfall. I didn't get the best drops in the world but it was a damn sight better than his luck, I felt bad for him. We played for 7 to 8 hours and he just got more and more depressed as we went along and kept clearing stuff without any good loot for him. Usually he hangs out to do some bounties etc. but he just logged off while barely saying anything, and I kind of understand, because he has no reason to play the game this week. No weapons or armour to level up and nothing else to do either really. Last week was virtually the same for him apart from the boots not being duplicates too, I'm kind of afraid he's burning out on doing a lot of fairly hard stuff, or atleast the hardest content the game has on offer week in/ week out with no reward but my company.

Enjoy the journey? Nightfall has never given me anything exciting - this week a legendary scout rifle and an exotic chest for a character I don't have. Still fun.

everyday math: why does my gjallarhorn keep failing me? the tracking isn't working

5 minutes later...

everyday math: oh wait, i'm not even using gjallarhorn.

Tell Math to be careful when swapping weapons that it isn't accidentally dismantled. Those buttons can be tricky.

Dwalls

Neo Member
Enjoy the journey? Nightfall has never given me anything exciting - this week a legendary scout rifle and an exotic chest for a character I don't have. Still fun.

He's been playing religiously since launch though, more than I have, and he's seen most legs of this journey several times. I'm not sure he's super excited about running the nexus strike again even with voidburn.

SharkJAW

The shit drops I got yesterday are seriously weighing down on my motivation to play Destiny. Does anyone have gorgon CP or is running Crota? Those are my last hopes of an exotic this week.

Did nightfall with my main... got Ass.Energy.
Weekly dropped a legendary engram... got shard.
Got several legendary engrams... got shardable armor.
Dropped in and grabbed the first treasure three times in the new raid... got energies.
Ranked up vanguard levels on two of my characters... got an average, but usable legendary auto rifle.
Did a few strikes... nothing
Farmed Husk of the Pit while doing some Eris bounties on Earth... squat.

RNGesus is shitting on me today, but whatever. It's a bad day in general anyway.

On the plus side, my alts might be strong enough to do nightfall this week. With some grinding and more mats. I should move from 30/29/28 to 31/30/30.

Qwell

Well not as good of a run on my Hunter, just got Arms, so just need boots for him, and got the shotgun which I will probably never use. My Titan still has no raid gear and he is the last guy I need to run for the week... not even 7pm and I have already done all my nightfalls, weeklies, 2x CE raids and even dailies and I had to work today. Time for dinner and then see if I can find a CE for my Titan.

The breasts

lol that's actually kinda tacky. am glad they didn't go with traditional fantasy armor, or lack thereof.

this was one of the early concepts and i assumed hunters would look more "retro" and less like they'd just walked out of a sporting goods center.
Awokenvarious.JPG

wish they'd have made that awoken hairstyle at least

jadedm17

He's been playing religiously since launch though, more than I have, and he's seen most legs of this journey several times. I'm not sure he's super excited about running the nexus strike again even with voidburn.
We play for fun so if he's not having it then it might be time to play something else. Personally I enjoy some good co-op and versus action so I can play any good shooter for nearly endless hours of enjoyment. Loot is a big thing in a Destiny but perspective is a big thing in life. Tonight I did the Crota raid for the first time and it was the most fun I'd had gaming in a long time. My prize pool? A shader I won't use, sniper I don't care for, and a bunch of shards/energy for raid gear and weapons I don't have.

You can get level 31 and legendary weapons easy buying them, and Xur provides a good haul of exotics. The rest - to me - is extra.

TsuWave

my girlfriend accidentally "bricked" my ps4 and i had to restore it to factory settings and all that, downloaded destiny and man, during the in-game installation process you see some amazing concept art.

Deku Tree

Well not as good of a run on my Hunter, just got Arms, so just need boots for him, and got the shotgun which I will probably never use. My Titan still has no raid gear and he is the last guy I need to run for the week... not even 7pm and I have already done all my nightfalls, weeklies, 2x CE raids and even dailies and I had to work today. Time for dinner and then see if I can find a CE for my Titan.

I have two or maybe more experienced players if you want to do CE again. And Crota the checkpoint.

Top Bottom