• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Got both Husk of Pit and Fatebringer tonight.

feels-good-man-goat-squint-12883904505.jpg

WOW Insane run.

I got the warlock helm, tokems got the hunter helm, tokunbo got the titan helm and the freaking HAWKMOON!! Sick raid. Thanks iRawr for running the sword. Goes so fast with a 32 :0

kidko

Just got a Badger CCL from a blue engram.

It's kinda like fatebringer with firefly and explosive rounds. Rodeo too. Gonna try this sucker out

WOW Insane run.

I got the warlock helm, tokems got the hunter helm, tokunbo got the titan helm and the freaking HAWKMOON!! Sick raid. Thanks iRawr for running the sword. Goes so fast with a 32 :0
Anytime sorry for those few screw ups. Should have gotten away a few times but meh still learning :p glad you guys got some good drops aka hawkmoon and the raid helmets :)

Edit:
Yeah, that was way quicker than I was expecting. Congrats on the Hawkmoon! I'm jealous.
normally with a good experiences swordbearer aka Dhruv or drizzay , it should take 2 sword phases to kill crota.

kassatsu

Banned

It's kinda like fatebringer with firefly and explosive rounds. Rodeo too. Gonna try this sucker out

Got the same perks from a vanguard package today. Leveling it up now :)

Anytime sorry for those few screw ups. Should have gotten away a few times but meh still learning :p glad you guys got some good drops aka hawkmoon and the raid helmets :)

And my raid ship... hooray! oh wait :(

Holy Shit. My dream scout right there.

Once all perks are unlocked, post a video of "Wakening the Hive". Should be hilarious

timnich

Just got Suros, MIDA, Fatebringer and Vex Mythoclast in a single hard VoG run! Already had all of them so they all got dismantled, but still!

Edit: I'm down to run VoG again! PSN: ptr19

Just got Suros, MIDA, Fatebringer and Vex Mythoclast in a single hard VoG run! Already had all of them so they all got dismantled, but still!

That's more RNG Exotic weapon drops in one run than I have had in 200+ hours of play.

kidko

Holy Shit. My dream scout right there.

Once all perks are unlocked, post a video of "Wakening the Hive". Should be hilarious

It's like the game could feel my boredom creeping in. It could feel my being drawn ever so slightly toward that dragon age icon on the home screen...

Badger CCL first impressions: nice! ROF isn't as bad as I feared. Actually pretty similar to the A.1Xxxxxxx whatever I was using recently.

Edit: normally with a good experiences swordbearer aka Dhruv or drizzay , it should take 2 sword phases to kill crota.

Damn, that's nuts. You did great. That was by far the fastest Crota kill I've been apart of.

Ji66a-Man

That's 6. Full now.
1) Ji66a_Man
2) brianjones (need your PSN)
3) Kaikken
4) CLBridges
5) CLBridges' friend
6) timnich

Any of my fellow Titans using Ruin Wings, can you confirm that the effect works? I've been using them for a few days now and the heavy ammo drop effect seems really inconsistent. For example, I just spent about 20 minutes patrolling Mars for the daily bounty and had RW equipped, and only twice did heavy ammo ever drop from an enemy. Out of 20 minutes.

Anyways, I feel like RW are bugged or something because I shouldn't be spending 18 minutes with an empty Gjallarhorn.

Feels like it has an internal cooldown of 10-15 minutes. When i load into a level i'll see 6-10 heavy ammo's drop in the 1st one or two rooms, then i won't see jack for a good while. I know that if I get a bunch of ammo too close to the boss room, i can count on running dry during the actual encounter because the effect will be on hidden cooldown.

I would definitely trade the amount of ammo that can drop when off cooldown for most consistent drops throughout.

Regardless, getting 4-5 rockets per pickup is still awesome, and that effect is consistent.

darkwing

she should have appeared throughout the strike with her health being chipped away ever so slightly. the rate at which you'd damage her would determine how fast you could progress.

it would have been interesting then because they wouldn't have been tacking on wave after wave of add spawns to prolong it. you'd actually hunt her down throughout the strike and then spend 3 minutes tops finishing her off in her closet.

yet another missed opportunity.

dat boss sponge philosophy

Can't wait for reset raids. Afaik everyone is still down and ready to roll.

My suggestion to fellow sword runners for the reset: Let new people run the sword. It's crazy easy once you know the basics and a total blast if you haven't done it before. A lot of people will be hitting Lv32 this week which gives the team an enormous margin of error.

That would be because I'm on xbone. I don't post here often since this is a predominantly PS4 Destiny community. I'm sorry you misinterpreted my tone so harshly, where all I'm getting at is that I prefer fusion rifles over shotguns in all things in this game. Perhaps FV is better in this case...not my thing. But good advice nonetheless.

Your tone was passive aggressive just like fake apologizing while trying to blame the other person is passive aggressive. The debate was about effectiveness, not preference. Feel free to ignore my good advice (and my posts) in the future.

Can't wait for reset raids. Afaik everyone is still down and ready to roll.

My suggestion to fellow sword runners for the reset: Let new people run the sword. It's crazy easy once you know the basics and a total blast if you haven't done it before. A lot of people will be hitting Lv32 this week which gives the team an enormous margin of error.

Your tone was passive aggressive just like fake apologizing while trying to blame the other person is passive aggressive. The debate was about effectiveness, not preference. Feel free to ignore my good advice (and my posts) in the future.

Lol yeah I will be on for the reset, do we have a 6th? And I def took advantage of the margin of error :p still cant get the timing down of when I can get another attack or leave. I did manage to kill Crota a few times within 2 swordphases, other times it took me 3 swordphases and a death or two :p dat sword of crota reach is nasty.

Lol yeah I will be on for the reset, do we have a 6th? And I def took advantage of the margin of error :p still cant get the timing down of when I can get another attack or leave. I did manage to kill Crota a few times within 2 swordphases, other times it took me 3 swordphases and a death or two :p dat sword of crota reach is nasty.

If you guys dont have a 6th for the reset let me know.

Psn akademik209

joecanada

I just posted earlier found a b line like this but explosive rounds screws up most criticals, so firefly and other critical perks are handicapped

Yep, Palom (psn) aka Jrmint (gaf) is in the rotating 6th spot this week and already confirmed with me he'll be there.

You've got the sword down by now, as long as Crota doesn't run off the bridge to chase you down! haha We need to get Steroyd and Casmith on a kill soon, anyone that wants to do it this week is welcome... even if it goes against my preoccupation with the 0 part of 3x3x3x0.

hahaha, nothing surprises me any more with this game.

I would kill for someone at bungie to do an anonymous tell all about the behind the scenes development of this game and what the fuck is actually happening in their office.

No kidding, I think a lot of people would be fascinated to read something like that. There's so much craziness associated with this game, there just have to be some compelling stories to go along with that. It's definitely the most flagrant example I've seen of locking out content for DLC.

Top Bottom