• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Predictions for Reset:

Nightfall: Shards
Weekly: Blues
Crota Chests: Energies
Crota Drops: Shards
VoG Chests: Shards
VoG Drops: Maybe a Timebreaker.

Damn. I tried to solo the weekly and just couldn't get it done before I had to go to work. The first time I haven't been able to solo something. And the second week that my procrastination has cost me strange coins.

Oh well. Lesson learned.

Damn. I tried to solo the weekly and just couldn't get it done before I had to go to work. The first time I haven't been able to solo something. And the second week that my procrastination has cost me strange coins.

Oh well. Lesson learned.

I don't blame you. Omnigul is not fun to solo. With so many adds, I almost think she's a bigger sponge than Valus.

LordofPwn

I hate twilight gap as a map. I never know how I'm going to do. One match I go 9-20, the next I go 28-15. Same teams, back to back. Also seriously fuck skyshock as a clash map. Worst map in any fps I've ever played.

coy

Rank 16 Dead Orbit and I finally get a shader! Revenant is nice and I will continue wearing the faction item for more shaders.

I hate twilight gap as a map. I never know how I'm going to do. One match I go 9-20, the next I go 28-15. Same teams, back to back. Also seriously fuck skyshock as a clash map. Worst map in any fps I've ever played.
Bungie has pretty much bungled all their big maps. This game just isn't made for them. Or they at least need to have an 8v8 playlist. 6v6 is just not enough on those maps.

Also doesn't help the vehicles are near useless now.

Twilight Gap and Exudos Blue are the two worst close combat maps in Destiny.

Too much jumping between levels in Twilight for any flow to be made imo. Blue has way too much shit laying around the map(cars, containers, rusted metal) that it blocks sightlines and just gets the way.

ocean

Banned
I don't blame you. Omnigul is not fun to solo. With so many adds, I almost think she's a bigger sponge than Valus.
Her shield is the issue. If you go solo you can't sustain DPS since the insane amount of adds will force you to take cover. By the time you get to shoot her again her shields are back. Original Sponge Bob is rough but at least every shot counts.

I think you're right. Even the new Black Garden strike goes faster, I think.
It's just a bummer because I almost had her beat like 3 times. The first and third time I died pissed me off the most.

First time I was killed by "the architects" and it made absolutely no fucking sense. It just looked like I tripped over my shoelaces and died. Infuriating

Second time was my fault because I got greedy.

Third time was my fault too, I suppose, but a wizard spawned right in front of me when I shot my rocket launcher.

I'm sitting on 3 strange coins at the moment. This fucking blows. I guess I'd better get my other two characters to 30 this week.

ocean

Banned
Is the Hive Disruptor perk glitched on all or just select raid weapons?
To be fair that perk is fine. It's White Nail (Black Hammer's infinite crit ammo perk) that's glitched because it registers Hive Disruptor damage as breaking your crit streak.

Also seriously fuck skyshock as a clash map. Worst map in any fps I've ever played.

Definitely the worst map I can think of, I think I've played it 3 times and just end up sitting down in a corner at some point from boredom.

Bungie has pretty much bungled all their big maps. This game just isn't made for them. Or they at least need to have an 8v8 playlist. 6v6 is just not enough on those maps.

Also doesn't help the vehicles are near useless now..

Yep, big maps feel like a ghost town especially on clash. Seems like they didn't put much thought into how to balance the vehicles with the gunplay and map designs.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Want to talk about Ghost Towns? Try pantheon in Rumble.

Freaking massive. I'll be in the lead by 6 kills and by the time I FINALLY find someone, i'm down by 2.

Annoying as piss.

LordofPwn

Also doesn't help the vehicles are near useless now.

Twilight Gap and Exudos Blue are the two worst close combat maps in Destiny.

Too much jumping between levels in Twilight for any flow to be made imo. Blue has way too much shit laying around the map(cars, containers, rusted metal) that it blocks sightlines and just gets the way.

Yeah just too vulnerable in them. If the interceptor had a closed canopy and the only thing you could use to kill one was another vehicle, heavy, super, or couple of grenades it would be fine. Right now you just can't survive in the middle of the open spaces which means everyone is sniping.

Exodus blue I like the map layout, just too much junk that is distracting like you said.

Some of these new Grimoire cards are pretty cool.

I really wish they did more with the lore than just stick them to some cards that you can only view through a website.

LordofPwn

Most of the PvP maps in Destiny feel like they'd work better for Halo. Especially on the larger maps.
Or if we had to fight for special ammo. As it is now I spawn with like 18 PR shots ready to pop some scrubs that picks the wrong path to charge out on. On a great match that's enough to hold me all game.

border

Anyone for a quick Atheon Hard Mode run? I have a checkpoint -- will start in 10-20 minutes if there's enough takers.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Is there a website where I can look at weapons and actually toggle the different sights on them, with visuals too?

Also, wtf is with the public event timers? I thought the fallen walker on earth was 15 and 45 after the hour... been getting it at 54, 6, and 19

Is there a website where I can look at weapons and actually toggle the different sights on them, with visuals too?

Also, wtf is with the public event timers? I thought the fallen walker on earth was 15 and 45 after the hour... been getting it at 54, 6, and 19
They changed the event times several weeks back.

Shito

This changed several patches ago. They made the public events spawn more regularly, which fucked up our little habits like this one. ^^

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Anyone can help me with weekly please?
Took heavy dose medicine, was knocked out till now

Fuck!

GlamFM

Banned
Reset Crew - are you there?

e7g0yTX.jpg

DrBo42

Question for Xbox One owners:

Any luck getting player voices through speakers? I have the headset plugged into the controller but blended and speakers only options in settings do not work.

HAL-x9000

Okay. Why didn't anyone tell me that using VoC and Pocket Infinity in PvP almost feels like cheating?

Dude sounds good but I love VoC and Invective, awesome combo! Sometimes feels a bit overpowered. I´m get killed by Hawkmoons a lot in recent times. Sucks that i havnt got one yet.

SAiLO

Reset in 15 minutes. Shame I'm on the way to work rather than getting ready to raid with other Gaffers like last week.

Have fun guys!

Top Bottom