• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

So with the earlier talk about the nerfed AR's and the Rapier (good gun) is anyone else of the opinion that hand canons in general and Fatebringer even at only 300 damage is just like the best all around primary? I picked up my 3rd one last week so all my characters have a maxed Fatebringer, and I was doing some tests and for a legendary I just can't find a better gun. Firefly is great for trash mobs, on red bar enemies it crits for @ 1600, it has quick reload after crit and holds 13 rounds. Yes the range isn't as good as a scout rifle, but a maxed 331 Rapier only crits for @ 1100. And most encounters, at least with my play style is completely within full range for Fatebringer.

Anyhoo, just wanted to share my love of Fatebringer ... VoC is also the business, just funny how people said that the new expansion just invalidates all the progress folks made with VoG, when VoG still has the best primaries in the game.

High level content like the hard raid is where it should make a difference

maybe a dumb question, but what does the little number 1 mean at the top right of some of the gear thumbnails?

edit: They're equipment from TDB arent they?

Means gear/loot/missions are from the expansion

Defuser

k6QtVfl.jpg

718igutw.gif

So with the earlier talk about the nerfed AR's and the Rapier (good gun) is anyone else of the opinion that hand canons in general and Fatebringer even at only 300 damage is just like the best all around primary? I picked up my 3rd one last week so all my characters have a maxed Fatebringer, and I was doing some tests and for a legendary I just can't find a better gun. Firefly is great for trash mobs, on red bar enemies it crits for @ 1600, it has quick reload after crit and holds 13 rounds. Yes the range isn't as good as a scout rifle, but a maxed 331 Rapier only crits for @ 1100. And most encounters, at least with my play style is completely within full range for Fatebringer.

Anyhoo, just wanted to share my love of Fatebringer ... VoC is also the business, just funny how people said that the new expansion just invalidates all the progress folks made with VoG, when VoG still has the best primaries in the game.

My go to primary has been the vendor Up For Anything. I actually love the thing. I have a couple other expansion legendaries that I mix in, but nothing has surpassed it yet. I used VoC entirely too much before the expansion, so I only pull it out for burns.

zewone

I have a 331 pistol that crits for 1726 and has Outlaw. I prefer it to Fatebringer. It's going to make a world of difference in Hard raid.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Omg just saw it. Fuck this game dude

I think both of you should stop playing with the 3 of us that keep getting it. Seriously
Honestly, the moment I saw it drop for Kopy was probably the most fun I had with the game since 0.06/0.05. It made my night.

I mean, technically I had an okay week today I guess - My Titan has full raid gear, Lucky Raspberry (again), Fourth Horseman (again), The Last Word (again) and Dragon's Breath. It's too bad that they're all worthless exotics. lol

Now I'm just pissed. Last night all I got was 2 shards from Crota. And you got 3 shards, a helm and an exotic...
Wrong raid, although Milkham is the miracle man who has gotten an exotic a week from Crota for the last month.

purg3

slept with Malkin
My go to primary has been the vendor Up For Anything. I actually love the thing. I have a couple other expansion legendaries that I mix in, but nothing has surpassed it yet. I used VoC entirely too much before the expansion, so I only pull it out for burns.

I bought that last night, haven't used it yet though.

Honestly, the moment I saw it drop for Kopy was probably the most fun I had with the game since 0.06/0.05. It made my night.

I mean, technically I had an okay week today I guess - My Titan has full raid gear, Lucky Raspberry (again), Fourth Horseman (again), The Last Word (again) and Dragon's Breath. It's too bad that they're all worthless exotics. lol

lol yeah one of those moments huh

I think just not giving a shit anymore is the right attitude. Can't let this game troll you

Now I'm just pissed. Last night all I got was 2 shards from Crota. And you got 3 shards, a helm and an exotic...

It's his 3rd one while others in the group haven't gotten it. Week after week it drops for someone who already has it

Yeah, one thing's for sure: they sure aren't selling me the damn thing.
Between this and Deej's comment, it sounds so half-assed that I don't even know why they bother doing this if they can't even be excited by it...

Right? You'd think they would be excited about handing out "gifts"

I have a 331 pistol that crits for 1726 and has Outlaw. I prefer it to Fatebringer. It's going to make a world of difference in Hard raid.
Which one is that? I have a Venation III with Return to sender, field scout and crowd control. I haven;t put any xp in it yet though.

I havent found very many 331 primaries that I like so far :/

Qwell

Yah unfortunately I don't have any 331 legendary pistols yet. I have gotten a bunch of pulse rilfes (all dismantled) and a bunch of scouts, I did get a Badger CCL with firefly which is nice, and I have bought a rapier. I also lucked out with a 331 Vanquisher, doesn't have the best perks but it is nice (radar and reactive reload).

AR's are fun, but I just can't pass up the sheer single hit damage of a hand canon, I just can't find any other kind of gun that can take down enemies as fast as them.

Greenymac

I basically tweeted them and told them to fuck off and give us the hard raid so we can troll them back and beat it in under an hour...Also @stickmagik is my handle.

zewone

Which one is that? I have a Venation III with Return to sender, field scout and crowd control. I haven;t put any xp in it yet though.

I havent found very many 331 primaries that I like so far :/
Name of the pistol plz? ;)

It's a Venation III.

With field scout, it doesn't sound like you have a terrible roll. The normal reload speed is pretty bad though, so if you have flared magwell I'd use that over field scout.

Rubenov- you still there? If so go ahead and join on us, we are 5 manning it now.

If you can't jump back in then send me a PSN msg or post here and someone can join on if they want the Atheon kill.

blackflag

The impact is too low IMO. Be on the look out for a Red Hand or Venation with good perks.

I have a Red Hand IX with Zen Moment and feeding frenzy. It's pretty insane. Also has armored piercing, flared magwell, and field scout to choose from.

Also have a scout rifle with Luck in the chamber, Firefly, and high caliber rounds, send it, or flared.

Top Bottom