• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

David___

Banned
I am getting that crazy urge to delete one of my characters and reroll just for more chances at stuff.....Stop me gaf.

No reason not to. Took me less than a day of playtime to level up my alt Titan. Planning on doing it again if I don't get a Gjallarhorn/ Fatebringer on my alt.

So, I might be remembering wrong, but I thought someone said that the Black HAmmer special doesn't work on Phogoth with the Hive Major upgrade.

I just tested it and it definitely works.

Agent

Well, I just messed up royally. I was soloing Nightfall and got beat the tank part. I went to summon my sparrow to get to spongebob and instead of hitting sparrow, I was pressing go to orbit without realizing it. Yeah, so that happened. That was a good 40 minutes wasted.

No burn, angry cabal strike. Screw that noise.

EL CUCO

At least you get to play when you get home, I have to drive home from work and then spend time with my kids until they go to bed. Damn kids, the nerve of them being born. Oh and sometimes my wife wants me to do stuff. Bah!

Oh days like this don't happen without a little preparation. Its my only agreed upon "dont bother me, I'm playing" day of the week.

Any additional play time happens randomly, when available and may or may not have a mic lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Got another Lucky Rasp from NF. Lower stats. Sharded. It's been a good day with drops so I'm not complaining.

Anybody up for the weekly? Anybody have gorgon checkpoint?

Namikaze1

Holy shit! Holy fucking shit! Just solo'ed Crota's End!

Don't know how since my Internet is spotty right now. Had a few closed calls with getting disconnected. Went flawless till Deathsinger. Had her just one Gjallarhorn rocket away but time ran out. I think i died 7 times, mostly due to Knights. I took a five minute breather after beating her to see how others solo'ed Crota.

My method involved Gjallarhorn and Ruin Wings. Shit was working extra hard in feeding my Über Horn. Took the safe route in dealing with Crota. I wasn't gonna be like Dhruv and take Crota down in four kneels without the Ogres coming out. Nah. I dealt with the first set of Ogres but I knew the second set meant Enraged. Took him out just as it hit enraged.

But man, I still can't believe it! I'm fucking shaking here! Got gauntlets and chest, both with Intellect and Strnpength (where the fuck where these when I needed them?)

Don't know how since my Internet is spotty right now. Had a few closed calls with getting disconnected. Went flawless till Deathsinger. Had her just one Gjallarhorn rocket away but time ran out. I think i died 7 times, mostly due to Knights. I took a five minute breather after beating her to see how others solo'ed Crota.

My method involved Gjallarhorn and Ruin Wings. Shit was working extra hard in feeding my Über Horn. Took the safe route in dealing with Crota. I wasn't gonna be like Dhruv and take Crota down in four kneels without the Ogres coming out. Nah. I dealt with the first set of Ogres but I knew the second set meant Enraged. Took him out just as it hit enraged.

But man, I still can't believe it! I'm fucking shaking here! Got gauntlets and chest, both with Intellect and Strnpength (where the fuck where these when I needed them?)

Congrats, you are legend.

Why did you leave?

Nice job doh

The last 3 Tuesdays I worked I had to stay late. WHY?!

I should be leaving within the next 30 minutes, dinner, then Destiny all night for nightfalls/raids

Well, I just messed up royally. I was soloing Nightfall and got beat the tank part. I went to summon my sparrow to get to spongebob and instead of hitting sparrow, I was pressing go to orbit without realizing it. Yeah, so that happened. That was a good 40 minutes wasted.

No burn, angry cabal strike. Screw that noise.

That sucks. You aren't the only one to do that. It feels even worse when you are fireteam leader, just saying.

Namikaze1

Took me 47 minutes of game time, 52-54 minutes in total due to taking a short breather.

Cave of Thralls and Bridge got done pretty fast. 6-7 minutes. Ogres spawned about a minute and a half after despawning the Thralls on the bridge. Their spawning time varies for me when I solo the bridge. Sometimes it's two minutes, sometimes it's 8. The Deathsinger took a chunk of my time. Definitely the hardest part of the raid. The breather helped out in facing Crota. Got him down on the first attempt. A fucking knight nearly ended that though.

For the Shrieker hall, I ran like I never ran before. Blessing of Light helped a lot. As did Gjallarhorn.

Top Bottom