• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

purg3

slept with Malkin
Oh, I forgot to say what I'm using right now.

Warlock 28 on Xbone.

Haven't played in forever since most of my friends traded this in.

I'm down for whatever

Feel free to add me as well, gt is purg3. I play a good bit.

Will anyone be up to do some nightfalls later? Just got back from being away for two weeks. Remote play wasn't working where I was. It was a rough time.

I'll also need to roll through CE a bunch of times but first things first.

Let me know what the interest level is for a nightfall or three in about two and a half hours or so.

PS4: GKW212

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Will anyone be up to do some nightfalls later? Just got back from being away for two weeks. Remote play wasn't working where I was. It was a rough time.

Let me know what the interest level is for a nightfall or three in about two and a half hours or so.

thems clinic hours so i'm in if you need the help.

rNilla

I'm down to run a couple nightfalls. I'm in the same boat. I think we're already friendly.

I just completed Vault of Glass for the first time and got Gjallarhorn off the last boss! It was even the last slot in which i had a blue item! SO good

Deku Tree

Hunter - specifically Gunslinger. I never use Bladedancer unless it's bounty specific.

The stacking abilities for stability and reload are just too good and in a FPS game, benefits to the primary method of dealing damage are high on my list.

I also like the control I have with triple jump and I feel I can gauge distances better with it. I also don't have to worry about turning my jump "on" or "off", as the double and triple jumps are more natural from having played so many other games.

With that said, self revive is just about game breaking/saving for NF and VoG hard raid.

Agree. I like my new Hunter. But there is nothing else like saving a wipe at the NF boss with a revive.

I just completed Vault of Glass for the first time and got Gjallarhorn off the last boss! It was even the last slot in which i had a blue item! SO good

I don't know what is cooler, you getting to complete Vault of Glass for the first time or getting Gjallahorn.

Congrats on both. It is always fun tackling new content.

Deku Tree

Congrats! You are lucky! Now the first thing you should do is to go upgrade you GHorn with Xur to the 331 attack version before Xur leaves the tower.

rNilla

I don't know what is cooler, you getting to complete Vault of Glass for the first time or getting Gjallahorn.

Congrats on both. It is always fun tackling new content.
Can't imagine a higher high in Destiny than defeating Atheon for the first time and receiving Gjallarhorn in return.

joecanada

I'm no expert but I find the best primary to be one I'm most familiar with, so a hand cannon for me. I tried to get on board the auto rifle hype train and was getting pasted. Tried a match with my regular hand cannon and held my own more or less, so what you feel comfortable with certainly has a bearing on it.

If your primary goal is to pile up kills take your quickest charge fusion as close up, Suros would work I prefer thorn and any heavy, just keep in mind you wanna get those machine gun bullets on target quick CuZ rocket launcher will beat you to the punch. If you have song of Ir Yut, I killed 5 people without reload the other day, about 15 rounds per person, 87 round clip... Close range though obviously... Ah but the fear I fed off when that hail of bullets fell!!!

patchday

Oh btw I suppose Bungie is still silent on VoG drops? Had a second IceBreaker drop in VoG that was capped at 300. It feels like a middle finger sorta. Oh well, will just have to upgrade it with Xur someday.

E92 M3

They should not...

RNG is RNG and purely RNG per Bungie.

A lot should be RNG, but I've noticed - and so have many - people are predestined for certain loot. For instance I got my 3rd Ice breaker recently. Some people have gotten 15 Fatebringers. Not everything is RNG as Bungie says.

Got Ruin Wings and No Backup plans when I have them already. Final engram was finally something different but it was for a Warlock which I don't have.

Was it from exotic engram? I am referring to legendary engrams.

cilonen

Nice one! I'm going to have to start raiding soon I think, but I have no idea where to begin. I'll have to try and stay awake for one of Hawkian's first timer raids!

JTran2003

Agree. I like my new Hunter. But there is nothing else like saving a wipe at the NF boss with a revive.

This. Like the hunter for the invisibility to revive. Also like the titan for the bubble and its effects, especially with saint 14 helm. My main will always be my warlock for she saves me and my team plenty of times with that revive.

JTran2003

Nice one! I'm going to have to start raiding soon I think, but I have no idea where to begin. I'll have to try and stay awake for one of Hawkian's first timer raids!

Raids are very fun. There are plenty of people on GAF with experience to help you through it. When your ready feel free to join us in our love of the raid and our hate to RNGesus.

A lot should be RNG, but I've noticed - and so have many - people are predestined for certain loot. For instance I got my 3rd Ice breaker recently. Some people have gotten 15 Fatebringers. Not everything is RNG as Bungie says.

I can't really argue with this.

I feel and keep this in mind its is an opinion only of mine (So it probably sucks) That the loot tables need to be restructured greatly to take in more variables instead of just pure random.

Wouldn't it be funny if Bungies loot system was entirely made off of a randomized check that took into account your profile name... Like assigned values to letters...

Oh god the laughs that would be had if something as simple and stupid as that actually happened. Purely speculation mind you.

joecanada

I can't really argue with this.

I feel and keep this in mind its is an opinion only of mine (So it probably sucks) That the loot tables need to be restructured greatly to take in more variables instead of just pure random.

Wouldn't it be funny if Bungies loot system was entirely made off of a randomized check that took into account your profile name... Like assigned values to letters...

Oh god the laughs that would be had if something as simple and stupid as that actually happened. Purely speculation mind you.

It is pretty suspect at times. I've probably gotten 3 gjallarhorn but all from nightfall and random drops. I have never received one worthwhile prize in hundred hours in crucible. Rng or not you would think they would reward people actually playing

Congrats! You are lucky! Now the first thing you should do is to go upgrade you GHorn with Xur to the 331 attack version before Xur leaves the tower.

Thanks for the hint, i'll do it immediately!

It was really fun, like a i haven't had that much fun playing a game in a while, i actually found the group via destinylfg, but surprinsingly everyone was pretty competent and chill. I'd love to join raid-gaf sometimes too, but it seems i'm always late for it : P

Thanks everyone else for the grats!

todd360

2 blues from the cryptarch. Seriously he needs to guarantee one legendary if he's gonna take so much exp to level.

Time to work on podcast stuff.

jadedm17

2 blues from the cryptarch. Seriously he needs to guarantee one legendary if he's gonna take so much exp to level.

He's a bonus, you shouldn't be trying to purposely level him. Also his rewards level him too so what's the problem? He's a lottery, you should be getting what you need elsewhere like xur and night falls.

todd360

He's a bonus, you shouldn't be trying to purposely level him. Also his rewards level him too so what's the problem? He's a lottery, you should be getting what you need elsewhere like xur and night falls.

Don't tell me how bungie intended it. grumble grumble.

joecanada

Ya that's ridiculous, but then I got a purple out-of a host of blues from roc strikes. Weird system they implemented

David___

Banned
Crota's End has really been nice to me

FjvFyjW.jpg

3/3 times I've done the raid I got Raid gear and no duplicates.

joecanada

Uhhh nightfall is a massive disappointment in lottery too. I've run nightfall every week and probably kept two items.

This week i got 5 strange coins, wasn't even worth the effort

rNilla

His package should at least be downgraded from legendary status. Two blue engrams does not a legendary package make.

Top Bottom