• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

noomi

Best advice all week, why didn't I think of this before! I decided to hook my XBO up to my 24" 120hz 1ms response time monitor. It's like night and day. My TV had so called "gaming mode", but this just blows it out of the water.

Not going back.

Yup! There are some cons though. Sitting closer to the monitor makes you notice the lack of anti aliasing on many surfaces, 30FPS is much more noticeable for me, and lastly no comfy cough mode :(

On the pro side! no input lag at all, picture quality/colors seems to be richer, I can see targets much easier, aiming feels better/quicker.

This also comes from someone who has TERRIBLE eye sight, so being closer to the screen helps me quite a bit.

I think I need to start playing on my old ASUS monitor again or get a new monitor. I'm tired of feeling like I'm a second or two behind in crucible.

Made a huge impact for me :) Try it!

LiK

Create a 3rd character to only be used as an extension to your vault bank

I already have three characters. One of every class and they're already filling up with stuff. Sooner or later, I can't even pick up drops unless I keep dismantling in the middle of battle lol

ethomaz

Banned
I'm a bit uncomfortable...

Every time I try to use a new weapon I back at the end to Vision of Confluence... it is the best weapon in the game but after the 331 upgrade it starting to fell weak.

Bungie please... I need a VC 331 version.

Rixa

I'm a bit uncomfortable...

Every time I try to use a new weapon I back at the end to Vision of Confluence... it is the best weapon in the game but after the 331 upgrade it starting to fell weak.

Bungie please... I need a VC 331 version.

You know. Ive got 3 Vex Mythoclasts and 0 VoC. Would like to have one, there are so many mentions it being really good weapon (I like my FB).

raindoc

Mine has Perfect Balance and Send It. I kinda like those more.

Did Bungie start releasing the gift today? Guess I'll check after work.

yeah, new toy for everyone.

as for TDYD - i'm using/used two of them (including one with the perks you mentioned) and the 5 round limit is most annoying in PvE. SO glad I got this, should be a good stand-in for my new Hawkmoon in case I need another exotic.
Mhm, I think it will get along great with Sir Gjallarhorn.

SkylineRKR

You know. Ive got 3 Vex Mythoclasts and 0 VoC. Would like to have one, there are so many mentions it being really good weapon (I like my FB).

Still at 0 VoC as well, which is ridiculous considering my VoG clears and 8 Clasts, 4 Epilogues, 5 or so exotics from Atheon.

Shito

Hmm.

I just held Share, then pressed SQUARE and it saved a clip. Is that what you do?

I thought it automatically dumped footage down that you could save as a 15 min lump.
Yes, that's what I do.
Never tried to come back to it without pressing Square.
My understanding was that it was constantly recording the last 15 minutes, but that you had to actually call for the system to save them in a proper file.

rNilla

If I'm overstepping my bounds by joining your Nightfall please feel free to remove me but maybe do it sooner than when the boss is right about to die and I've already helped get there. :/

WipedOut

Still at 0 VoC as well, which is ridiculous considering my VoG clears and 8 Clasts, 4 Epilogues, 5 or so exotics from Atheon.

4 Epilogues, 3 VoC's, 6 PR's, 4 Found Verdicts, 2 Fatebringers, 1 HV, 1 CM, 1 Vex, never have received an exotic from Atheon except for the Vex. Only once have I received an exotic from the chest and that was Thunderlord.

Deku Tree

If I'm overstepping my bounds by joining your Nightfall please feel free to remove me but maybe do it sooner than when the boss is right about to die and I've already helped get there. :/

That's messed up. They should only boot you right away if they are going to boot you. Letting you help and then booting you at the end of spongebob sounds like a terrible move.

Shito

Oh, was being absorbed by the tragic events happening here in Paris: is the gift here already?
What is it? A legendary engram?

EL CUCO

8KfbaV1.jpg

A lot of this has been happening lately. A friend of mine was running the Omnigul nightfal, got invited by 2 randoms, and kicked right at the end.

LiK

Who the fuck did that? Delete them off your friend's list. PM me their GAF/PSN name so I can delete them if I have them in my list too.

I'll check in a second. Grabbing it for my main right now. What will it be? Eeeeee

Ugh. Another badger FFS.

It isn't even a good Scout Rifle compared to others. NITC is much better, along with Rapier and Calling.

I wish they would just let us pick a Vanguard or Crucible weapon of our choice. Fuck.

Hrmmm it seems to have better perks and range. I'll be sharding my old one I guess.

Deku Tree

"A gift from an unknown benefactor"

I got:

Up for anything with counterbalance, skip rounds, and glass half full.

Wish they gave me my new legendary vanguard weapon a few weeks ago when I needed it.

Shito

Ugh. Another badger FFS.

It isn't even a good Scout Rifle compared to others. NITC is much better, along with Rapier and Calling.

I wish they would just let us pick a Vanguard or Crucible weapon of our choice. Fuck.
I actually prefer the Badger to the NITC.
I don't like the "low impact / high rof" kind of scout rifles...

SkylineRKR

4 Epilogues, 3 VoC's, 6 PR's, 4 Found Verdicts, 2 Fatebringers, 1 HV, 1 CM, 1 Vex, never have received an exotic from Atheon except for the Vex. Only once have I received an exotic from the chest and that was Thunderlord.

That chest rewarded me once. Red Death ages ago. Yesterday I saw a guy grabbing 2 Exotics from it, with 3 chars. But I got 2 Gjallarhorns from Atheon (and on the day of the DLC, an Uber from the CE chest.. spat RNG in the face). So its all RNG and everyone has something the other doesn't want.

Who the fuck did that? Delete them off your friend's list. PM me their GAF/PSN name so I can delete them if I have them in my list too.

Yeah that's ridiculous. Set your Fireteam to closed and be exclusive. Don't understand why people get so ridiculous.

rNilla

One person wasn't on my friendslist so maybe it was them. Who knows. Doesn't matter, the other has been blocked forever.

I ran out of ammo towards the end and wasn't doing as much but I did plenty of damage against Spongebob, killed all three of his subordinates and helped with the tank. Sliver of health left and suddenly *removed from Fireteam* -- really dudes?

Yeah people are dicks sometimes, happens a lot in GW2. Players would get all the way up to a boss in a dungeon, then kick you, so a guildie could join.

Deku Tree

One person wasn't on my friendslist so maybe it was them. Who knows. Doesn't matter, the other has been blocked forever.

I ran out of ammo towards the end and wasn't doing as much but I did plenty of damage against Spongebob, killed all three of his subordinates and helped with the tank. Sliver of health left and suddenly *removed from Fireteam* -- really dudes?

Was it someone from here?

Edit: : nvm I can look it up myself on DestinDB

Shit dude, that's a devil you know with the increased stability on hit and crowd control. So it's a random vanguard gun as a gift? One per character? I need a few good 331 primaries.

That's pretty much The Devil You Know (the vendor version anyway) with 331 damage. Congrats on dodging that 5 round bullet and good perks on top.

E92 M3

One for all. 3 characters. Just my Titan got it.

Third eye, explosive rounds, Final round, Single Point Slimg and Flared Magwell.

Damn man, you got great perks! Keep it and use it.

--

Now I am excited to see what I get. Won't get too excited, but always fun to receive random weapons.

Shito

Rapier is better than both IMO. It's my new go to Scout Rifle.

I can confirm the gift is NOT FOR MULTIPLE CHARACTERS. one only.
I don't have the Rapier yet, but really want one.
I'm only at the end of the first crucible level, though, so I'm a bit lazy to grind it out: shit takes soooo long compared to other factions. :/

Top Bottom