• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
if you're talking about your first exotic armor piece, I probably wouldn't start with boots or gloves. what level are you?

edit: starfire would be your best investment yup

todd360

I canceled the website. They are forcing you to upgrade to premium now for $99.00 a year to host mp3s. I'm gonna have to find a better way to do this.

Maybe the track that one gaffer made with all the weapon sounds. I think it was posted in OT 13 yesterday. It was brilliant

Should I dismantle VoG armor? See no point in keeping it tbh

Don't know. I've been keeping mine for some reason but they really are worthless now. I say unless you really don't have the space, keep at least one of each piece

BokehKing

Banned
Oh Lord, last night I came in 1st place on the losing team, get exotic weapon patience and time

Tonight, I'm texting my girl during a crucible match, not even paying attention, join the hawkmoon club

ADLiUta.jpg

MildSoss

Oh Lord, last night I came in 1st place on the losing team, get exotic weapon patience and time

Tonight, I'm texting my girl during a crucible match, not even paying attention, join the hawkmoon club

You son of a-

Grats!

If you're ever doing crucible, hit me up. I'm always up for some matches. I think i have you on my friends list too.

BokehKing

Banned
You son of a-

Grats!

If you're ever doing crucible, hit me up. I'm always up for some matches. I think i have you on my friends list too.
Sounds good, I usually just troll with Thorn in there, I would play some now but I'm texting back and forth not really paying attention at the moment, I'll be on all weekend though

Yep. It really does. It replaced VoC as my main primary weapon. Would be better if it had a Solar/Void/Arc damage to it.

The one I have has Zen Moment, Hammer Forged, and Third Eye.

Mine has Rangefinder, Who's Next, Custom Optics, Hammer Forged and Snapshot.

Doesn't one of those have firefly through the vendor? I need something to spend my vanguard/crucible commendations on.

Yeah Rapier does.

purg3

slept with Malkin
People still regret passing over on that. If only people knew then that Xur was selling the best PvE weapon in the game. Nowadays, people are hoping Xur sells it again. Good luck with that.

I'm convinced that bungie will never let Xur sell the Ghorn or Icebreaker again.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm looking forward to all the new content! But the game gets absolutely roasted in the gaming side... smh

Does anyone have any thoughts on what the two new gun types would be?
Fuck the Gaming side.

Also, I want one of the two new weapon types to be a Laser Cannon heavy weapon. Spartan Laser represent!

ADLiUta.jpg
That is some BULLSHIT!

I would love a Hawkmoon...

Namikaze1

What's best Warlock class, grenade and why?
Sunsinger:

Revive. Does this need any more explanation?

Grenades:

I prefer Fusion Grenades since they're sticky grenades. Solar Grenades are pretty useful for crowd control but I just slightly prefer Fusion over Solar.

Dante316

I was one of 3 ppl nami deleted cuz my name starts with D lol, makes sense, im thinking of buying all 4 exotic items...just cuz I like collecting. Hopefully have enough coins.

ADLiUta.jpg
So jealous :( Congrats though that's awesome! I'm starting to join the Hand Cannom bandwagon so hopefully the Hawkmoon blesses me one of these days :)

Namikaze1

I was one of 3 ppl nami deleted cuz my name starts with D lol, makes sense, im thinking of buying all 4 exotic items...just cuz I like collecting. Hopefully have enough coins.
I actually deleted around 90 and then PSN deleted some without my doing. Will send a friend request again.

I just kept pressing delete cause PSN was going slow as hell. I didn't who I was deleting half of the time.

JTran2003

Sunsinger:

Revive. Does this need any more explanation?

Grenades:

I prefer Fusion Grenades since they're sticky grenades. Solar Grenades are pretty useful for crowd control but I just slightly prefer Fusion over Solar.

I prefer solar for crowd control but fusion can do more damage when stuck on someone. But having solar perk on to make it last longer might not do much for I have noticed enemy's are smart enough to wait for it to disappear...

I'm convinced that bungie will never let Xur sell the Ghorn or Icebreaker again.

I am having a really hard time accepting games that drop loot like this. We all paid money for the game and we've put in countless hours playing, yet only a small lucky few will experience the best it offers.

I understand that if everyone has it, it feels like it cheapens it in some way, but at the same time, everyone who misses out is left feeling slighted.

If it was a F2P game I wouldn't care, but I am already $90 invested. Give me Gjallarhorn god dammit.

Defuser

Bungie got to fix this nonsense of earning crucible marks for those who doesn't PvP much. I don't want to play 50 to 75 rumble matches just to earn 150 marks to buy weapons.

I am having a really hard time accepting games that drop loot like this. We all paid money for the game and we've put in countless hours playing, yet only a small lucky few will experience the best it offers.

I understand that if everyone has it, it feels like it cheapens it in some way, but at the same time, everyone who misses out is left feeling slighted.
Which this is bungie's intention which compells you to play more raids,strikes, crucibles just to get them. Grind till you die.

Namikaze1

I actually have (or had) two Dantes on my list. I knew one of you plays Destiny but I couldn't tell which one was the more active one since PSN was loading slowly and you both have the same avatar.

If it was a F2P game I wouldn't care, but I am already $90 invested. Give me Gjallarhorn god dammit.

This times a bajillion million

keeth

Neo Member
Hey folks,

As the holidays passed and most of my usual raid crew went on extended holidays, I found I want you guys to run nightfalls, raids and ROC playlists with.

I haven't posted much on GAF, to say nothing of this thread, but I've read whole schwacks and learned a lot. So, thanks for that. VoG Hard scares the heck out of me (never made it past the no-revive section) and have only run the very first chest on Crota's End.. so I could surely use expert guidance! Unless I've missed something in the OP, I just need to post and ask for peeps or jump into folks' games as they come up?

Finally rolled a Gjallahorn (OG, sadly), run a Sunsinger 31 and a building-back-up-to-31 Gunslinger.. and a lowly Titan at level 12 that I rarely find the time to spend on, though it's ready to get stacked with exotics and legendaries once she hits 20.

When not on holidays, I'm generally online around 10-10:30 PST. Hope to play with you guys lots. GT's the same as the GAF username, if memory serves.

Cheers.

Or, you could do Vanguard stuff and buy weapons from the Vanguard vendor.

Lol yes of course you can and I'm willing to play crucible to get the marks but 3 marks if you win and 2 if you lose is kind of low

Oh and one more thing. Kind of strange that I can level my dead orbit rep by doing vanguard/PVE content but I can't use vanguard marks to purchase from them

Namikaze1

I prefer solar for crowd control but fusion can do more damage when stuck on someone. But having solar perk on to make it last longer might not do much for I have noticed enemy's are smart enough to wait for it to disappear...
It's helpful for the first part of the raid since it stops the Thrall for a couple seconds greatly benefits you. But I prefer doing more damage, especially to Ultra or Major types.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

The problem is that the other exotics are so worthless that there are only two worth using. If the loot in this game were balanced, then using a Suros or even something dumb like No Land Beyond would be as viable as using a Gjallarhorn or Icebreaker. I suppose all loot games end up this way, with optimum builds that everyone is supposed to chase for. But as it is, the end game is "get Gjallarhorn". It doesn't even matter what class you are or what armor you use.

Frenden

Banned
Maybe the track that one gaffer made with all the weapon sounds. I think it was posted in OT 13 yesterday. It was brilliant

Don't know. I've been keeping mine for some reason but they really are worthless now. I say unless you really don't have the space, keep at least one of each piece

I kept my hunter's helmet and dismantled the stuff that dropped in normal mode for shards. I never liked the way it looked anyway. The helms are kinda rad, though.

Top Bottom