• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Frenden

Banned
Here are 2 options i quickly worked up.

Also try using stitcher. i've got a brother-in-law that has his podcasts hosted by them. Im a noob though so take that as you will.

EDIT: also try soundcloud for MP3 hosting

Fwiw, I think the Destiny title font is a medium helvetica.

Loving the red look

KaYzKsz.jpg

I hate having to do that. Collecting weapons is what I enjoy most in this game. I don't want to dismantle

Yea seriously. I laughed about it now but deep down inside I'm crying. I hate dismantling weapons due to lack of storage space. New DLC should auto equal more space everywhere including inventory for materials and such.

NastyBook

Deafmedal, I am SO sorry. I saw you two running that Daily, and I jumped in at just the right time for Bungie to fuck you both. Wasn't my intention.

Also try using stitcher. i've got a brother-in-law that has his podcasts hosted by them. Im a noob though so take that as you will.

Both are really nice. The second one would be better with bolder text

Defuser

Or, you could do Vanguard stuff and buy weapons from the Vanguard vendor.

Vanguard vendor doesn't have Satienne Rapier scout rifle which is the closest alternative to Fatebringer which is only available at the crucible vendor and I also want the Chance Handcannon from the FWC vendor.

Lets face it, the new Vanguard weapons are pure utter shit except for the LDR sniper rifle,NITC scout and the Up for Anything auto rifle. I can't believe they replace the very good The Devil You Know handcannon with the shitty The Devil You Don't.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's a good think you can switch classes after doing it already with your main. I'm kinda liking Warlock so far. All of early armors reminds me of Dragon Quest and the later ones went all Lord of the Rings.

todd360

I like the simple look better. Your first one doesn't look too bad. I can't decide which I like better now.

LordofPwn

Super weird. All their headlines are Neue Haas Grotesk (which is basically Helvetica). They use Futura, like, only there.
yeah pretty much. i grabbed the vector logo and ran it through a font finder.
I really like the second and it is definitely Futura. nice

can you try giving the text a thin border or embossing or something?
Both are really nice. The second one would be better with bolder text

I like the simple look better. Your first one doesn't look too bad. I can't decide which I like better now.

But bolder is better, or so i hear...

todd360

Well anyways we can record whenever. We will do it over skype group call. I will edit out background noise and stuff when were done. We can get the first episode made an then we can figure out the rest later. Like I won't put it up until we have intro music and stuff.

I'd like to do it tomorrow night sometime. We just need a group. I know we can have atleast 5 people at once including me. I can't remember how many exactly. I think fig can make it. Ill have to ask her. Who else wants to be on the first episode if we do it tomorrow sometime?

Da_Bears

Neo Member
Vanguard vendor doesn't have Satienne Rapier scout rifle which is the closest alternative to Fatebringer which is only available at the crucible vendor and I also want the Chance Handcannon from the FWC vendor.

Lets face it, the new Vanguard weapons are pure utter shit except for the LDR sniper rifle,NITC scout and the Up for Anything auto rifle. I can't believe they replace the very good The Devil You Know handcannon with the shitty The Devil You Don't.

But.....“better the devil you know (than the devil you don't)”.
Odd, but I like they kept to the sayng.

gdt

Hey folks,

As the holidays passed and most of my usual raid crew went on extended holidays, I found I want you guys to run nightfalls, raids and ROC playlists with.

I haven't posted much on GAF, to say nothing of this thread, but I've read whole schwacks and learned a lot. So, thanks for that. VoG Hard scares the heck out of me (never made it past the no-revive section) and have only run the very first chest on Crota's End.. so I could surely use expert guidance! Unless I've missed something in the OP, I just need to post and ask for peeps or jump into folks' games as they come up?

Finally rolled a Gjallahorn (OG, sadly), run a Sunsinger 31 and a building-back-up-to-31 Gunslinger.. and a lowly Titan at level 12 that I rarely find the time to spend on, though it's ready to get stacked with exotics and legendaries once she hits 20.

When not on holidays, I'm generally online around 10-10:30 PST. Hope to play with you guys lots. GT's the same as the GAF username, if memory serves.

Cheers.

Nice to meet you.

Upgrade that Gjallarhorn with Xur right now.

The problem is that the other exotics are so worthless that there are only two worth using. If the loot in this game were balanced, then using a Suros or even something dumb like No Land Beyond would be as viable as using a Gjallarhorn or Icebreaker. I suppose all loot games end up this way, with optimum builds that everyone is supposed to chase for. But as it is, the end game is "get Gjallarhorn". It doesn't even matter what class you are or what armor you use.

Balancing is an issue. They don't necessarily need to buff everything else, but there needs to be pro's and con's to using a top tier weapon. Bungie should take a page out of Dark Souls. Any weapon that is best-in-class for a particular category needs to have some type of drawback or limitation elswhere.

Gjallarhorn should stay the single target DPS king with Wolfpack rounds, but it needs some type of drawback so it isn't always the best in every situation. It either needs to have its ammo capacity reduced or maybe have a velocity/reload nerf. This way other rocket launchers could be situationally better than Gjallarhorn but still be outclassed in raw damage.

LordofPwn

^ I really like that but I think they both need to stand out a bit more
ok, last 1 for tonight.
Well anyways we can record whenever. We will do it over skype group call. I will edit out background noise and stuff when were done. We can get the first episode made an then we can figure out the rest later. Like I won't put it up until we have intro music and stuff.

I'd like to do it tomorrow night sometime. We just need a group. I know we can have atleast 5 people at once including me. I can't remember how many exactly. I think fig can make it. Ill have to ask her. Who else wants to be on the first episode if we do it tomorrow sometime?
If i had a way to hook my mixer up to my mac i could maybe be down for this.

Gordon

One would HAVE to be a new heavy Weapon type, because 2 options is simply not enough. Melee weapons as a secondary, I think.

You look like a bug.
OHKO melee might be heavy-worthy. Definitely if you add any sort of mobility enhancement like lunge or agility buffs.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a big single shot cannon as a heavy option, like a guardian mounted AA cannon. Make it debuff movement speed and give it slow handling, and then make it hit like that fucking tank on mars.

Hey folks,

As the holidays passed and most of my usual raid crew went on extended holidays, I found I want you guys to run nightfalls, raids and ROC playlists with.

I haven't posted much on GAF, to say nothing of this thread, but I've read whole schwacks and learned a lot. So, thanks for that. VoG Hard scares the heck out of me (never made it past the no-revive section) and have only run the very first chest on Crota's End.. so I could surely use expert guidance! Unless I've missed something in the OP, I just need to post and ask for peeps or jump into folks' games as they come up?

Finally rolled a Gjallahorn (OG, sadly), run a Sunsinger 31 and a building-back-up-to-31 Gunslinger.. and a lowly Titan at level 12 that I rarely find the time to spend on, though it's ready to get stacked with exotics and legendaries once she hits 20.

When not on holidays, I'm generally online around 10-10:30 PST. Hope to play with you guys lots. GT's the same as the GAF username, if memory serves.

Cheers.

Welcome! Unfortunately since you are on Xbox no one here will be able help you except for like 4 of us who are on Xbox.

I am on Xbox One. Feel free to add me as a friend, I am usually not on that late but if I am you are welcome to ask me for help.

GT: Natural vV High

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ehhh, a little hyperbole here me thinks.
I'm being completely serious here. For PvE, if you have the Gjallahorn, in what situation would you ever give it up?

Balancing is an issue. They don't necessarily need to buff everything else, but there needs to be pro's and con's to using a top tier weapon. Bungie should take a page out of Dark Souls. Any weapon that is best-in-class for a particular category needs to have some type of drawback or limitation elswhere.

Gjallarhorn should stay the single target DPS king with Wolfpack rounds, but it needs some type of drawback so it isn't always the best in every situation. It either needs to have its ammo capacity reduced or maybe have a velocity/reload nerf. This way other rocket launchers could be situationally better than Gjallarhorn but still be outclassed in raw damage.
That's the thing, the fact that they keep selling the Truth and now the Dragon's Breath means that they know that these are the two inferior launchers. They just don't compare.

I mean, let's face it, the reason why it is the most coveted weapon is because it breaks the game open. People used it to take out Atheon in 30 seconds, people used it to solo Crota. That's what this weapon has become about. That's fine, but it just makes all the other weapons inferior in comparison.

I can't imaging them nerfing the Gjallahorn at this point though. They already killed all ARs and the Suros specifically, for no good reason other than it was "too good" in PVP. If they were going to do something with the horn, you'd think they'd do it after the Crota solo run a few weeks ago.

I'm being completely serious here. For PvE, if you have the Gjallahorn, in what situation would you ever give it up?

That's the thing, the fact that they keep selling the Truth and now the Dragon's Breath means that they know that these are the two inferior launchers. They just don't compare.

I mean, let's face it, the reason why it is the most coveted weapon is because it breaks the game open. People used it to take out Atheon in 30 seconds, people used it to solo Crota. That's what this weapon has become about. That's fine, but it just makes all the other weapons inferior in comparison.

I can't imaging them nerfing the Gjallahorn at this point though. They already killed all ARs and the Suros specifically, for no good reason other than it was "too good" in PVP. If they were going to do something with the horn, you'd think they'd do it after the Crota solo run a few weeks ago.

Are you just talking about rocket launchers? I don't have a gjallerhorn, but I think there's more situations I'd use my icebreaker.

BokehKing

Banned

This is why I ask.... Should I get dragons breath now, will they buff it come the January patch, I already have maxed out g-horn and the only time I don't use it is pvp (I just use hezen Vengeance again, cluster bombs is better than nothing)

Top Bottom