• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

I just want a void hand cannon so I can throw my Epilogue in the bin.

Fucking this. Every time I go to clean up my vault I hover over AE and contemplate sharding it, then I think void burn. Then I still almost shred it. I may just do it anyway. Would just make void burns a special/heavy extravaganza.

NastyBook

Glad the cheese is gone :) however it's gonna suck trying to play Crota's end with my scrubbies rl friends haha..I don't think they even know how to get across the bridge or the deathsinger part..
Edit: good Pvp matches! Stole most of those wins expect that last match :/
Yup! Good games. That last one was bleh, though. Damn LoneWolf whoring the hell out of Gjallarhorn.

todd360

I didn't see where this was originally going. Good work Toddykins :)

2HplSK2.gif

So I just hit lv 27, should I start with weekly nightfall strike and raid?
Well the nightfall will be hard at lvl27 and you will require a fireteam. I believe I did a weekly with you? If you do the lvl30 weekly, you will get the remaining 3 strange coins if I remember correctly. In addition I believe hawkian does newbie raids every Thursday. Youre more than welcome to tag along whenever I do a normal raid with some of my newbie RL friends as well. Pretty sure there's some new players around and will be looking for a normal raid as well :)
Edit: speak of the devil ^^
Yup! Good games. That last one was bleh, though. Damn LoneWolf whoring the hell out of Gjallarhorn.
I hate that camper...

Mrgamer left and did the flawless attempt. So now the list is:

HM VoG starting as soon we're full

1 ozone (Ozone31)
2 boofa
3 joecanada
4 TheLamonster (TheLamonster)
5 Hero_1985_

Quote and add youself to the list.

Haven't done VoG in a good while, going to be rusty. But, I'm level 31 at least.

1 ozone (Ozone31)
2 boofa
3 joecanada
5 Hero_1985_

They should upgrade vog weapons to 331. I would go all hard mode just for new ones.

If they did that then there would be no point in doing CE. VOG weapons have been mostly superior to CE weapons. I wish they would do that but they won't.

It would be nice if there was more than one relevant raid at a time. Seems like we will always have only one raid the way the expansions have been designed

KanameYuuki

Well the nightfall will be hard at lvl27 and you will require a fireteam. I believe I did a weekly with you? If you do the lvl30 weekly, you will get the remaining 3 strange coins if I remember correctly. In addition I believe hawkian does newbie raids every Thursday. Youre more than welcome to tag along whenever I do a normal raid with some of my newbie RL friends as well. Pretty sure there's some new players around and will be looking for a normal raid as well :)
Edit: speak of the devil ^^ I hate that camper...

I'll try to keep lvling without rush then, I really need ascendant shards to lv up my armor and yeah I'm missing 3 coins to be able to buy something from Xur, I don't really know what to buy first though.

ocean

Banned
Not yet. I quickly looked over it Aka looked at the bulletins points.

Yep, some of them are willing to learn the mechanics. Some are unable to get it down and say "it's late can we just cheese it?"
Yeah I remember we ran a few weeks back with a group that didn't wanna do bridge legit. They grudgingly agreed to try and it still took us a while because they kept forgetting to get off the middle plate :p

I remember we'd agreed to cheese it on the next try just to get it over with when the ogres showed up and we surprisingly made it. This patch is gonna dent CE completion rates so hard for casual groups. I'm ok with this :)

I'm real happy the Singer gets a loot drop, kinda bummed it's the chest that got nerfed :(

If they did that then there would be no point in doing CE. VOG weapons have been mostly superior to CE weapons. I wish they would do that but they won't.

It would be nice if there was more than one relevant raid at a time. Seems like we will always have only one raid the way the expansions have been designed

If the CE raid perks were better on the raid weapons they should easily be able to boost VoG weapons to 331 and not have them be the clear choice.

1 ozone (Ozone31)
2 boofa
3 joecanada

If u get 6 before that just go but i'll be online in 10 mins and will join if u still need one

joecanada

1 ozone (Ozone31)
2 boofa
3 joecanada
5 jesse009 ( my friend)

My friend will come too he's a noob but good equipment

phen0m24

We have no idea that's true though. The vog weapons did extra damage against Oracles. The CE primary weapons may have special attributes that Eclipse them. To soon to make that call.

they usually don't patch at reset, what's going to happen if you grab the first chest for your chance at an exotic and then wait til after the patch to do deathsinger?

its just weird cause you get loot from first chest and you don't get anything from death singer. That means you should be able to get something from death singer after the patch since that's a Seperate drop from the chest. My guess is you get two rolls at an exotic + Crota which will also give you an exotic roll

So 3 exotic rolls instead of the usual 2 if you play before and after the patch

EL CUCO

Damn it. I just dismantled about 20 pieces of armor and didnt realize my glimmer was capped.

Bungie plz raise the freaking cap!

We have no idea that's true though. The vog weapons did extra damage against Oracles. The CE primary weapons may have special attributes that Eclipse them. To soon to make that call.

I know. Just making an assumption based on what we've seen so far. Of course for most of us here we would still want the Crota weapons even if VOG weapons are better.

I'll try to keep lvling without rush then, I really need ascendant shards to lv up my armor and yeah I'm missing 3 coins to be able to buy something from Xur, I don't really know what to buy first though.
Doing the VoG will provide enough ass mats, I dont mind doing the lvl30 weekly with you in a little bit. Most likely armor which cost 13 strange coins.

Yeah I remember we ran a few weeks back with a group that didn't wanna do bridge legit. They grudgingly agreed to try and it still took us a while because they kept forgetting to get off the middle plate :p

I remember we'd agreed to cheese it on the next try just to get it over with when the ogres showed up and we surprisingly made it. This patch is gonna dent CE completion rates so hard for casual groups. I'm ok with this :)

I'm real happy the Singer gets a loot drop, kinda bummed it's the chest that got nerfed :(
haha my apologizes that they are really casual players :p Kinda pains me they are unable to do things legit a little bit..1 or 2 of them are pretty good but the rest..meh..well you know how that went :3

ocean

Banned

To be fair, CE secondary weapons are pretty good. I'd say other than the shotgun, they're different but comparable quality weapons. Hunger of Crota tracks, instantly beating Hezen Vengeance. Haven't tried CE machine gun so I don't know how it compares to our beloved Corrective Measure.

The primary weapons...it's a toss up. The Void Hand Cannon sounds amazing, good perks and a godsend for void burns. The Scout with enemy tagging for radar sounds interesting, though perhaps not VoC-levels of awesome. The Auto Rifle is, like VoG's, looking like it'll be highly situational. But with solar damage and Wizard disruption it'll be great for Omnigul's buddies.

I don't think I'd use anything other than a 331 Fatebringer for general activities, but all the new Raid weapons seem to hold their own pretty well. Having 331 VoG weapons wouldn't make CE weapons undesirable IMO.

zewone

Joined a GAF members Roc stike because I noticed they only have 2 members.

Get Patience and Time.

Two exotic rewards from stikes today and I never received one before.

Top Bottom