• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

To be fair, CE secondary weapons are pretty good. I'd say other than the shotgun, they're different but comparable quality weapons. Hunger of Crota tracks, instantly beating Hezen Vengeance. Haven't tried CE machine gun so I don't know how it compares to our beloved Corrective Measure.

The primary weapons...it's a toss up. The Void Hand Cannon sounds amazing, good perks and a godsend for void burns. The Scout with enemy tagging for radar sounds interesting, though perhaps not VoC-levels of awesome. The Auto Rifle is, like VoG's, looking like it'll be highly situational. But with solar damage and Wizard disruption it'll be great for Omnigul's buddies.

I don't think I'd use anything other than a 331 Fatebringer for general activities, but all the new Raid weapons seem to hold their own pretty well. Having 331 VoG weapons wouldn't make CE weapons undesirable IMO.

im hoping they're good but i have been mostly disappointed by the Crota weApons. The new LMG is nowhere near corrective measure. The only weapon that is unique and meets the standard set by VOG weapons so far has been Black Hammer. the fusion rifle is good cause of the charge rate but I have better legendaries.

Did Bungie ever give a n exact date/month for the Hard raid? I wonder if all of these CE glitches will force them to delay it.

They need to release it soon if the next expansion is to come out in March

ocean

Banned
im hoping they're good but i have been mostly disappointed by the Crota weApons. The new LMG is nowhere near corrective measure. The only weapon that is unique and meets the standard set by VOG weapons so far has been Black Hammer. the fusion rifle is good cause of the charge rate but I have better legendaries.

Let's be thorough and scientific (just kidding, I'm making this up on the fly).

** Mere speculation on the Primary Weapon front based on datamined perks
Auto Rifle: Tie (very situational weapons)
Scout Rifle: VoG (God-tier VoC reigns supreme)
Hand Cannon: VoG (Fatebringer. Enough said. CE HC looks amazing too though)
Pulse Rifle: lol

Sniper Rifle: CE (PR is great but replaceable; BH is unique and feels Exotic)
Fusion Rifle: Tie (both are pretty good? Neither is particularly special)
Shotgun: VoG (Found Verdict is IMO the best PvP shotgun bar none)

Rocket Launcher: CE (no contest. Both solar with exploding rounds but HoC TRACKS BABYYY)
Machine Gun: VoG (I'll take your word for it, don't own the CE MG)

VoG winning out 3 times, CE winning twice with 2 ties and a Pulse Rifle tossup because who the fuck uses them. I'd still run CE weekly to get my hands on these weapons regardless of whether VoG weapons get upgraded. Different weapon type/element will make for more flexible load out combinations.

Any hard VoG runs being staged? I have myself and a buddy. The rest of our raid group fell through tonight so no CE for us. We're down for either some crota kills or fresh VoG hard run.

Cømet

Banned
Thoroughly enjoyable. If I had time to run newby raids every week I totally would. Hope it was educational!

EDIT: Sorry I had to whisper!

Jumping part?

...yep.

Two things. Didn't jump off of a sprint from the second pillar. Jumped from the second pillar.
I feel a little light headed when I look at the listens count for first episode of the mythocast.

I can't.

You can expect episode 2 to be released Sunday night or Monday night probably. I'm working 60 hours a week now so I won't be able to get a group together until Sunday this week instead of Saturday. I'll make sure the sound quality is better this time as well.

Thanks to everyone who listened to the first episode and the people who very generously offered their suggestions to make it better. I want to make sure that this podcast is great quality and enjoyable for everyone who loves destiny and podcasts.

Where are you hosting them? Didn't realize you had the first out.

moris

Any hard VoG runs being staged? I have myself and a buddy. The rest of our raid group fell through tonight so no CE for us. We're down for either some crota kills or fresh VoG hard run.

I'm down for a crota kill if you want my freshly turned 32 titan as a sworduser.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Some deaths are totally worth it...

aZFxCp5.gif

Let's be thorough and scientific (just kidding, I'm making this up on the fly).

** Mere speculation on the Primary Weapon front based on datamined perks
Auto Rifle: Tie (very situational weapons)
Scout Rifle: VoG (God-tier VoC reigns supreme)
Hand Cannon: VoG (Fatebringer. Enough said. CE HC looks amazing too though)
Pulse Rifle: lol

Sniper Rifle: CE (PR is great but replaceable; BH is unique and feels Exotic)
Fusion Rifle: Tie (both are pretty good? Neither is particularly special)
Shotgun: VoG (Found Verdict is IMO the best PvP shotgun bar none)

Rocket Launcher: CE (no contest. Both solar with exploding rounds but HoC TRACKS BABYYY)
Machine Gun: VoG (I'll take your word for it, don't own the CE MG)

VoG winning out 3 times, CE winning twice with 2 ties and a Pulse Rifle tossup because who the fuck uses them. I'd still run CE weekly to get my hands on these weapons regardless of whether VoG weapons get upgraded. Different weapon type/element will make for more flexible load out combinations.

I wasn't interested in the AR, but then I saw it has the same type of perk as suros where it fires slower for more damage. Might help the impact a bit. I'm thinking it's going to be better than AE, which I hate outside of burns.

Cømet

Banned
Just want to give a thanks to Comet and all the other Gaffers who helped me and my buddy with our first ever raid.

You guys did great! Give me a shout any time I'm online. I'll either be totally up for it or have a good excuse not to, in which case I'll try to hook you up with folks off my friends list.

You did good, hope you both got something useful from it. Always down to play again :)

EL CUCO

I was taking my last stroll around the Abyss cheese and the game heard say "when I get my Warlock to 32, I'll resurrect my dead Hunter"

All I needed was Gloves. Ran into the Light...BOOM. GLOVES. Now I can finally spend me 70 Radiant Shards.

I guess I have to start up a Hunter again...

GhaleonEB

Hawkian's crew is at Oracles. They appear to be having a pretty rough time but it's kind of crazy to watch. Somehow they're keeping it going.

pringles

Are there a lot of new concepts introduced in Crota's End? Like the VoG did with Ritual of Negation, Oracles etc. ?
Thinking about running it this weekend, rather do it without knowing much beforehand but I don't want to be a total noob who drags down the team because I don't know what's going on either :p

Top Bottom