• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Legendary engram? Had you wiped a few times already? Congrats.

No didn't wipe once, went in to clear some Eris bounty's and it dropped surprisingly in the first wave. waited until my bounties were done and then decrypted it. i haven't even seen a legendary engram in more than 2 weeks and now this!

lupin23rd

Just got the exotic bounty for Super Good Advice, which although isn't great from what I hear, is an exotic I don't have, and luckily Xur is still in town.

Turns out the only machine gun I have is Corrective Measure - would the new Vanguard machine gun (M18A Harms Way) be a solid upgrade over this and worth getting from the vendor?

exYle

Just got the exotic bounty for Super Good Advice, which although isn't great from what I hear, is an exotic I don't have, and luckily Xur is still in town.

Turns out the only machine gun I have is Corrective Measure - would the new Vanguard machine gun (M18A Harms Way) be a solid upgrade over this and worth getting from the vendor?

Super Good Advice is fantastic for Oracles during the Atheon battle.

Ok, so I'm watching the last cutscene after you destroy the black heart and you're back at the tower, and there's a Warlock with purple Sunbreakers in the crowd.

ERMint13

Interesting, the only times my group ever beats Atheon is when I don't get teleported in so that might be a solid use case for it :)

It never needs to be reloaded on Oracles since it see's it as missing a shot. But you are doing damage to the Oracles. Good for people that are burning through ammo trying to take down the Oracles and the reload is hurting them.

On another note I just got Black Hammer on my freshly minted Hunter. That's all of the Crota's ends guns available so far I've gotten. Hopefully the good luck continues and I get a horn or hawkmoon from the nightfall on him.

Yes, that's the reason I want to buy it. I was just curious how Rangefinder compares to Shot Package. I don't have much experience with shotguns.

Want to try it together? I'm at the three guards right now. PSN: ps_flocki

I've got a Hide and Seek with Rangefinder and the distances I've killed people from are ridiculous. I can confirm it is extremely useful in PvP. Put Hammer Forged on if your Secret Handshake has that.

With Final Round it'll be even more dangerous.

Ambitious

I've got a Hide and Seek with Rangefinder and the distances I've killed people from are ridiculous. I can confirm it is extremely useful in PvP. Put Hammer Forged on if your Secret Handshake has that.

With Final Round it'll be even more dangerous.

It does actually have Hammer Forged. Guess I'm going to have to give it a try.

10923818_976477685715498_1381050677323959510_o.jpg

lol Ruin Wings, its all or nothing.

Man, I really like Bad Juju.

I wanted to love it but i just could not. Its so damn weak and playing with other people they will steal your kills so the super wont load any faster.
Maybe i just suck with pulserifles but tried it i even did the quest for it twice but it just dosent work for me.

I wanted to love it but i just could not. Its so damn weak and playing with other people they will steal your kills so the super wont load any faster.
Maybe i just suck with pulserifles but tried it i even did the quest for it twice but it just dosent work for me.

I don't think it (or any pulse rifle) is great for Crucible compared to hand cannons, but Bad Juju is awesome for bounties, the best Hive alarm clock in the game. Also good for the first phase of CE and just generally fun to use on trash mobs.

It's a gun best used for fun in low pressure activities like Strike Playlists and low level Patrol or bounty stuff.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I don't think it (or any pulse rifle) is great for Crucible compared to hand cannons, but Bad Juju is awesome for bounties, the best Hive alarm clock in the game. Also good for the first phase of CE and just generally fun to use on trash mobs.

Glad people are coming around to notbad juju. I've been saying for a while that its really good for the first section of the raid.

Jinjo

I'm doing the Nightfall now and the Weekly afterwards. Just destroyed the tank, in case anyone wants to join.

edit: AFK for 15min.

Send me an invite for the weekly when you go at it.

Any ROC strike freight trains leaving the station soonish?

Resseh

I'm getting so fed up with any destiny thread in the main forum being tarnished with people moaning what are a garbage or terrible game it is.

I can understand the game not being to their liking, but terrible? It's so much fun - bungie nailed the gameplay which is kinda the most important thing :p

Jinjo

Got weaseled then beavered in rapid succession. No dble bounties for me today. Should've gone back to bed.

For the life of me I can't understand people consciously waking up in the middle of the night to do the double bounty trick. If you have a beneficial timezone why not, but waking up in the middle of the night just to get some extra xp and rep? Tomorrow is another day guys.

I'd be down to Roc it out for a bit if we can find a third.

I'm getting so fed up with any destiny thread in the main forum being tarnished with people moaning what are a garbage or terrible game it is.

I can understand the game not being to their liking, but terrible? It's so much fun - bungie nailed the gameplay which is kinda the most important thing :p

Just hang out with us here in the OT. We bitch about it too but we also love it and talk about all its strengths and weaknesses in a fair way. I barely go to Gaming side at all anymore, certainly not any of the Destiny threads which are all the same.

EL CUCO

Why the heck can't I buy vendor gear for a different class, but I can get in a drop??

U got sum splainin to do, Bungie.

Rixa

My 15th raid completion in VoG, didnt get any weapons.
I think its my 6th scooter.

With friends, doing Rocs is fun, this was last nights last Roc (Omnigul).
I didnt have Suros before. Iam playing alot from PS Vita so this helps me that I dont need to push shoot button so often (compared to Mida for example).

Zakalwe

Banned
Logged in to solo the nightfall and they're trolling us again with no burn spongebob. ;_;

Anyone still need a NF or two?

Psn: astropoff

Logged in to solo the nightfall and they're trolling us again with no burn spongebob. ;_;

People I know aren't allowed to change their avatars!!! (edit: does anyone actually know what game my avatar is from?)

I never solo NFs anymore since they changed the damage scaling, way too tedious even with a burn. I can help out a little later, but the Roc train has just left the station.

Ambitious

I'm doing the Nightfall now and the Weekly afterwards. Just destroyed the tank, in case anyone wants to join.

edit: AFK for 15min.

Kicked to Orbit, as I feared.

Two, yes. Do you also need the Weekly? I do (also twice).

Will do.

Omni

For the raid with a clan achievement, can you stop half way through and continue off the next day? As long as the same person is party leader and stuff?

We tried the Crota raid today. We got to Crota himself but because we weren't cheesing and a few people were relatively new to the raid, we didn't end up finishing. We were planning to finish it tomorrow I think

Would have been sub-8 Valus if I actually remembered to re-spec from Armor of Light to WoL.... flawless raiding and Roc trains not the same...

For the raid with a clan achievement, can you stop half way through and continue off the next day? As long as the same person is party leader and stuff?

We tried the Crota raid today. We got to Crota himself but because everyone but two were new at the raid, we didn't end up finishing. We were planning to finish it tomorrow

You just need to kill the final boss of a raid with a fireteam consisting of all clan members, that's all that matters.

Zakalwe

Banned
People I know aren't allowed to change their avatars!!! (edit: does anyone actually know what game my avatar is from?)

I never solo NFs anymore since they changed the damage scaling, way too tedious even with a burn. I can help out a little later, but the Roc train has just left the station.

It's just a temporary change for the OT thread. Will go back to my main soon don't worry!

Is yours from Ico?

Two, yes. Do you also need the Weekly? I do (also twice).

Same boat. Two and two.

Ready to go whenever you are.

Fuck you Omnigul. Sub-10 will happen when I don't blow myself up with GHorn.

It's just a temporary change for the OT thread. Will go back to my main soon don't worry!

Is yours from Ico?.

Ding, ding! Correct. Glad it's possible to tell, I need to resize it or make it look less smudged or something. I love SotC but Ico is my personal fave.

Fistwell

For the life of me I can't understand people consciously waking up in the middle of the night to do the double bounty trick. If you have a beneficial timezone why not, but waking up in the middle of the night just to get some extra xp and rep? Tomorrow is another day guys.
lol I got up at 9:50AM, much dramatic.

HunRevan

I almost bought Destiny for ps4 as well. I have 3 characters on xone but I was so close to buying it for ps4 as well. It has a better community on gaf. Fortunately I got sober. :D

Top Bottom