• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

21 marks away from buying either Satrienne Rapier or The Calling. Can't decide which

What are perks on vendor Calling? Can't go wrong with Rapier, it's a good one.

I'm trying to decide between Crucible hand cannon TWPFK 1281012 (whatever) and FWC The Chance... ? Both high impact with field scout...

Lothars

I've had a great week of items from playing including ghallajorn, universal remote and last word from chests, found verdict and Atheon epilogue, hunger of crota and light of the abyss and a pratorions foil. I was so stoked to finally get a ghallajorn.

Also got a skullfort from the nightfall.

It might have been my best one yet.

ocean

Banned
What are perks on vendor Calling? Can't go wrong with Rapier, it's a good one.

I'm trying to decide between Crucible hand cannon TWPFK 1281012 (whatever) and FWC The Chance... ? Both high impact with field scout...
I've been eyeing The Fall Will Probably Kill You 1969 for a while because its stats are attractive and the name is killer. Grinding Crucible marks is just more than I can handle, I don't have it in me.

I've been eyeing The Fall Will Probably Kill You 1969 for a while because its stats are attractive and the name is killer. Grinding Crucible marks is just more than I can handle, I don't have it in me.

Playing with gaffers is the way to go! Makes it a lot of fun.

Join up with some gaffers sometimes :) always down to play crucible with gaffers.

Steroyd

Join Gaf crucible trains, or start your own tons of fun, only frustration would be lag, I've hit the weekly cap on 2 characters this week just doing that.

Anybody want to join on for Crucible? Got 3 Gaffers doing Salvage right now but we can switch back to Control or Crucible if we get more. PSN is DrDrizzay101.

Edit: lol at 3 posts above me... now's your chance! Is there a significance to that name w/ that year 1969? I do like how some of the weapons have clever acronyms, like Another NITC = Another Nail in the Coffin

ocean

Banned
Playing with gaffers is the way to go! Makes it a lot of fun.

Join up with some gaffers sometimes :) always down to play crucible with gaffers.

Join Gaf crucible trains, or start your own tons of fun, only frustration would be lag, I've hit the weekly cap on 2 characters this week just doing that.
Three consecutive posts can't be wrong haha! I've played with Rubenov a few times but there's a huge skill gap between the GAFfers I've played with and I. Destiny is the first FPS I dedicate serious time to, and it really shows in the Crucible. I know you guys are all super cool and the attitude isn't one of extreme pressure, but I just feel kind of awkward playing when I know I'm the worst guy on the team.

That Rapier and TFWPKY though...I needs them.

ocean

Banned
Anybody want to join on for Crucible? Got 3 Gaffers doing Salvage right now but we can switch back to Control or Crucible if we get more. PSN is DrDrizzay101.

Edit: lol at 3 posts above me... now's your chance! Is there a significance to that name w/ that year 1969? I do like how some of the weapons have clever acronyms, like Another NITC = Another Nail in the Coffin
It's a line from a movie that came out in 1969 :) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. It's a western film my grandpa used to like and I have fond memories watching that film with him. Here's s link to the scene:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1IbStIb9XXw

I'd totally take you up on the invite but I just got to school now. if there's guys playing Crucible tonight I'll bite the bullet and join up. Thanks!

Steroyd

Three consecutive posts can't be wrong haha! I've played with Rubenov a few times but there's a huge skill gap between the GAFfers I've played with and I. Destiny is the first FPS I dedicate serious time to, and it really shows in the Crucible. I know you guys are all super cool and the attitude isn't one of extreme pressure, but I just feel kind of awkward playing when I know I'm the worst guy on the team.

It's all for fun, just don't cap point A. :mad:

Who cares? There's only one way to get better :3
plus playing with zoba/twlight_gap makes us all terrible players :p

I can confirm you get the clan trophy from just doing the last boss of a raid and you don't need a full fireteam, we did just crota (with full out cheese) with just 3 people and got the raider trophy.

However the weekly strike did NOT give the trophy for doing it as a clan, I guess you have to do a map strike or maybe ROC but weekly (and I assume nightfall) don't count.

Only thing left for platinum is clan strike!

I can confirm you get the clan trophy from just doing the last boss of a raid and you don't need a full fireteam, we did just crota (with full out cheese) with just 3 people and got the raider trophy.

However the weekly strike did NOT give the trophy for doing it as a clan, I guess you have to do a map strike or maybe ROC but weekly (and I assume nightfall) don't count.

Only thing left for platinum is clan strike!

You are correct about all of the above. Just do a normal strike, for whatever stupid reason (Bungie pls).

Sullichin

Obsidian Mind is so good. My current top exotic choice for Roc speed runs with my Warlock. I think it's about 10% cooldown per kill with nova bomb, with only 64% discipline and the DOT nova I constantly have them ready. Last vanguard package gave me a chest with intellect that's not the newer design that's ripped on one side, so I'll probably use that

JTran2003

This. I still need to get the crucible marks trophy but hate grinding crucible. Always concerned about playing with others for fear of bringing the team down.

It's all for fun, just don't cap point A. :mad:

Who cares? There's only one way to get better :3
plus playing with zoba/twlight_gap makes us all terrible players :p

Guess you guys are right since its just a game, right? #seriousbusiness

It's a line from a movie that came out in 1969 :) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. It's a western film my grandpa used to like and I have fond memories watching that film with him. Here's s link to the scene:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1IbStIb9XXw

I'd totally take you up on the invite but I just got to school now. if there's guys playing Crucible tonight I'll bite the bullet and join up. Thanks!

Nice, I've seen that movie and remember it fondly, watched it with a good friend many years ago (Rain drops keep falling on my head....)

This. I still need to get the crucible marks trophy but hate grinding crucible. Always concerned about playing with others for fear of bringing the team down.

Crucible is the same as hard mode raiding: don't die. Play conservatively, put yourself in favorable positions relative to the enemy, take advantage of OP supers and heavy weapons. Even if you aren't an MLG no-scope pro like zoba you can still contribute in a lot of important ways that don't show up on the score board. Sit back on capped points and give call outs about enemy positions, give suppressing fire to let other teammates flank enemy positions, etc. There's a lot more strategy to Crucible than you'll find in any rando match, only possible with a team working together over voice comms. As long as you don't die a bunch and feed the other team points you can still be a very valuable teammate whether or not you get many kills.

It's all about that k/d baby.

Guess you guys are right since its just a game, right? #seriousbusiness

Join us whenever there's a crucible train. I know I will be doing crucible very often this week for Iron Banner. Teamwork is more important than skills the majority of the time. Once you understand the "flow and mechanics" of Crucible, then you can do well. Everyone is a noob/scrubbie player at first and sticking with it will only make you better in pvp :) .
except Zoba haha

Ryck

Explosive rounds or Firefly? Which is better for a scout rifle? I have Another Nitc with ER and I just got a Crypt Dweller with Firefly. Been looking online but I can't really find anything definitive.

Korten

Banned
Maybe it's been posted but I saw this thread on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2s2thm/what_strike_bosses_should_have_been/

I love these ideas, ways to improve the boss fights in the Strikes to make then not so boring and not just bullet sponges. Honestly kind of ruins strikes for me cause the end fights are always so boring...

I also submitted my two ideas:

"...What if Phogoth at 25%, 50%, and 75% health began to charge up and becomes immune. Than after maybe like 20 seconds you need to either hide behind cover (or use the higher ground) as he unleashes an OHK blast on the entire stage. Not sure if that would be good, but it would at least liven things up.

Also what about if Valus, at similar intervals becomes immune but instead of unleashing a blast. He essentially gives orders to his soldiers to target a specific player. This would mean that teammates would really need to look out for each other on this phase."

Not sure if these are good or not. :( What do you guys think? Granted these ideas would be in conjunction with the ideas the guy gave in the reddit thread.

possible with a team working together over voice comms. As long as you don't die a bunch and feed the other team points you can still be a very valuable teammate whether or not you get many kills.

and like the annoying announcer always reminds you, stick with your team, atleast with one teammate. Don't go wandering around solo waiting to get killed :D

And just playing and learning the maps will teach you where not to stand as you can get shot from all directions. Time will also teach you when to go up close and when to take distance so you wont get oneshotted by shotguns and fusion rifles when you just picked up that precious Heavy ammo :D

Shito

Explosive rounds or Firefly? Which is better for a scout rifle? I have Another Nitc with ER and I just got a Crypt Dweller with Firefly. Been looking online but I can't really find anything definitive.
Firefly all day long.
Shit is just nasty in PVE.

Firefly definitely. Explosive rounds lowers the critical hit damage, you dont want that with a scout rifle.

Ryck

Firefly all day long.
Shit is just nasty in PVE.
Sweet ok, also has Flared Magwell which maxes out the reload bar. Can't wait to level this bad boy up.

Firefly definitely. Explosive rounds lowers the critical hit damage, you dont want that with a scout rifle.
wow really? I remember someone saying something like that but I wasn't sure which one it applied to thanks.

Jinjo

No explosive rounds critical hit damage = explosive rounds critical hit damage + explosive damage

You don't lose out on raw damage potential. The explosion damage might fuck with your precision kill perks if the enemy dies through that and not the initial critical hit. Other than that it's a decent perk to have (as long as your gun doesn't have any precision kill perks).

Zocano

Looking at the House of Wolves item stuff, I get the feeling that they'll just put out vanguard/crucible gear that gets you to 32.

Which is just dumb horseshit. I have the season pass so I'll see it out but I think I'm done after House of Wolves.

Looking at the House of Wolves item stuff, I get the feeling that they'll just put out vanguard/crucible gear that gets you to 32.

Which is just dumb horseshit. I have the season pass so I'll see it out but I think I'm done after House of Wolves.

I would assume vanguard and crucible gears that lets you reach lvl33 (assuming the level cap is 34)

Zocano

I would assume vanguard and crucible gears that lets you reach lvl33 (assuming the level cap is 34)

My point still stands either way.

Make the raid the only way to hit 32 (and thus optimal for starting The Arena). Don't fucking make older content useless as you go along.

ocean

Banned

Make the raid the only way to hit 32 (and thus optimal for starting The Arena). Don't fucking make older content useless as you go along.
Kind of puts the current grind into perspective. In less than 2 months you'll be able to buy fear that's as good or perhaps better than current CE gear which drops randomly and uses the game's rarest upgrade material.

What I really really dread is another potential reset to our Exotic weapons if they pull the same scheme again. The 5% XP gain bonus on Xur upgraded guns isn't nearly enough to make that shot bearable again so soon.

Jinjo

They've already set their precedent for that. I don't think that's going to change till Destiny 2. I don't mind everyone getting new armor to get to higher levels. The raid (and IB) should not be the only way for you to get to level 32 once the new content launches. Besides being 30 from VoG was the only way you could enter Crota, so you could go in inmediately if you already had VoG armor (and/or IB armor). Everyone else that's not 32 should not be forced to fight the RNG system in old content in order to even be able to enjoy the new content. I have friends that are way behind the curve and thank god they can buy vendor armor, I wasn't going to enjoy carrying them through VoG time and time again to be able to play with them on higher levels.

The exotic upgrade system needs to fucking go though.

Shito

They've already set their precedent for that. I don't think that's going to change till Destiny 2. I don't mind everyone getting new armor to get to higher levels. The raid should not be the only way for you to get to level 32. Besides being 30 from VoG was the only way you could enter Crota, so you could go in inmediately if you already had VoG armor (and/or IB armor). Everyone else that's not 32 should not be forced to fight the RNG system in old content in order to even be able to enjoy the new content. I have friends that are way behind the curve and thank god they can buy vendor armor, I wasn't going to enjoy carrying them through VoG time and time again to be able to play with them on higher levels.

The exotic upgrade system needs to fucking go though.
I completely agree with this.
The way they handle the level cap / gear upgrade is fine, except for how they handle exotics. Which would be a great deal better if they didn't make us grind it all over again.

Nuszka

Considering the exotic upgrades , after the new expansion releases they should just zero out last 3 bubbles, so we could upgrade them to new attack/defense levels. If they add new type of shards with HoW this will just make everything , especially for newcomers very confusing , so i hope they will not. I hope. Yes i know how it sounds.

Jinjo

Considering the exotic upgrades , after the new expansion releases they should just zero out last 3 bubbles, so we could upgrade them to new attack/defense levels. If they add new type of shards with HoW this will just make everything , especially for newcomers very confusing , so i hope they will not. I hope. Yes i know how it sounds.

Yeah they really need to reduce the number of currencies, not add more to it. Every time a friend of mine picks up the game I spend half an hour fucking explaining how levelling up works and what everything is for. It's so convuluted. Adding commendations for instance was the dumbest idea ever. I've used maybe now and now that stuff is useless to me.

DjRalford

The joys of hitting someone in crucible with 2 rockets a grenade and full auto rifle clip for them to stutter about and.not die then kill you with a energy drain melee

Top Bottom