• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

rNilla

It has only been a few days but it feels like an eternity since I've posted here or played Destiny. Hopefully I can actually make it home tomorrow and begin anew.

This thread moves fast! Repost:

I'm going to run the sword tonight for my group with my newly-minted lvl 32 Titan. What's the most efficient attack pattern for Crota? I've read people claiming the R1-R1-R2 combo is best and others saying to just mash the slam button.

If you opened the first chest previously you don't get anything for the Deathsinger this week. The first chest is the "new" drop so everyone can go get it no matter what they did before. The old first chest was just moved to Deathsinger.

Seems about right, the only issue is that there is no roll that could include raid armour, since the Deathsinger now gives the same roll as the 1st chest did but with a chance of raid armour as well.

CLBridges

The addition of those 3 maps to control/clash has really refreshed PVP for me. I've been having some fun and the Mercury map has always been a favorite of mine.

And with us! And raids with us! ONE OF US

hmmmm. yeah, I think the $45 amazon + $35 pass is a better deal, I don't know about the $10 for a ghost shell, ship, and emblem.

lol this is going to happen isn't it. XD

Sure I'm there for slice-n-dice, what time do you wanna do this?

lol only if you want to! I don't want to abuse your kindness and charity! This is the only time I'll need to be semi-carried because after the reset I'll be able to earn marks again to buy chest which will get me to 30. I can do it as early as 630 EST and pretty much anytime after that, just need to get a group together.

Kyne

You should also check your local Craigslist for Destiny copies. After the surge of console bundles being sold there's tons of unwanted copies laying around. Bought mine (unopened) for $20 about a month ago.

This may be more of a PS4 question rather than a Destiny one... but if I went the physical copy route, since I already have the trial version (full game) installed on my PS4, could I just pop the disc in and start playing? Or would I need to delete and re-install from the disc?

SkylineRKR

Yeah, seems like instead of having people spread out to snipe, you'll need 2 people to be on each totem as well.

Not a big change. Easily done legit, just interesting to see what they changed.

It could stay like this if it works. Its like doing Oracles and Templar via spawn point. But the Bridge is the best part of CE. So I hope they can work this around by only triggering ogres when the full party made it across.

I have the Crota CP and am looking to do it with my new Hunter tonight before the reset. If you guys don't mind that my Hunter is 29 but I have maxed G-Horn and IB on him so he should still be able to kill stuff and help make Crota kneel.

That should be fine if we get a whole group together.

Mindlog

Reports regarding bridge phase:
I'm getting news that annihilator totems are spawning as Ogres are sighted on the opposite side...might have to send one guy over first?
One or two.
Since the bridge is not activated it's very likely this is a proximity check instead of a full totem check. Many people that tried soloing after crossing have experienced this. The totems will activate if you stray too far from them. You don't actually have to be on them to pass the check.

When are you starting? I need a full run, but will take what I can get....

We're still putting the team together so haven't decided yet. I could get on as early as 630 EST but can do it any time after that too. Hawkian is usually on within a half hour of that but not sure how that time suits Fig.

Namikaze1

Second legendary engram of the day from daily!
B7LiYM7IIAIHKIE.jpg:orig

lt519

This may be more of a PS4 question rather than a Destiny one... but if I went the physical copy route, since I already have the trial version (full game) installed on my PS4, could I just pop the disc in and start playing? Or would I need to delete and re-install from the disc?

No clue about that. But don't worry about the convenience thing, once you get hooked you won't be changing the disc out anyway :p

There was like a 2+ GB day one update you'll probably have to install at most.

Reset Squad Unite!

So we originally wanted to wait for the patch, but since it is now live do we all want to go ahead with the 4am EST multiple (3) runs for Crota's End?

I am down for reset time, I will have until 8am EST when I will have to get ready for work.

Roster
1. Cosmos_Man (Me)
2. Dhruv_Hanom
3. Auto_Aim (Kartik21)
4. Owlialicious (PikaPuff)
5. DrLawyerCop
6. Nami (you down?)

Let me know if that works for you all!

Namikaze1

Reset Squad Unite!

So we originally wanted to wait for the patch, but since it is now live do we all want to go ahead with the 4am EST multiple (3) runs for Crota's End?

I am down for reset time, I will have until 8am EST when I will have to get ready for work.

Roster
1. Cosmos_Man (Me)
2. Dhruv_Hanom
3. Auto_Aim (Kartik21)
5. DrLawyerCop
6. Nami (you down?)

I'm down for 2 runs.

Reset Squad Unite!

Roster
1. Cosmos_Man (Me)
2. Dhruv_Hanom
3. Auto_Aim (Kartik21)
5. DrLawyerCop
6. Nami (you down?)

When will you sleep? lol

Does anyone know about the first chest giving radiant mats if you've already done the raid? A glitch I think. Either way, I got them with all 3.

hydruxo

This thread moves fast! Repost:

I'm going to run the sword tonight for my group with my newly-minted lvl 32 Titan. What's the most efficient attack pattern for Crota? I've read people claiming the R1-R1-R2 combo is best and others saying to just mash the slam button.

If you're 32, 3 RT smashes work best. Hold the left stick up during each RT smash to get the hits in quicker.

So from what I've gathered, how to solo/cheese the first two phases of CE post-patch 1/12/2015:

Lamp Phase - Run to the rock after the second lamp just like before but instead of waiting for the lamp to explode, turn around and jump onto the platform with your regular highest jump ability when your weight of darkness stacks are low. Continue to the bridge, activate lamp and bridge, hop on rock, kill ogre and then go once bridge is complete.

Bridge Phase - Awaiting Confirmation - Hop on the switch to start the phase then run off and back into the room where the swordbearer spawns. Hop on the boxes in the back of the room, this will cause enemies to despawn and trigger the encounter on the other side. Leave the room and snipe everything on the other side, ogres included. As soon as you're finished kill the sword bearer, take the sword and go to the other side.

Reports regarding bridge phase:
I'm getting news that annihilator totems are spawning as Ogres are sighted on the opposite side...might have to send one guy over first?
It appears that the totems start as soon as the ogres appear so unless they can be melted quickly it's over.
pre-patch: if someone goes to the other side, turn on condition: if everyone on orge side is dead/missing, activate totems and kill party.
post-patch(my guess): when ogres spawn, turn on condition: if everyone on orge side is dead/missing, activate totems and kill party.

solution (my guess): start, run back, despawn, get one sword across, have that person hide somewhere, snipe like always.
if that doesn't work: start, legit sword across once, have that person hide somewhere, then run back to despawn, snipe like always

Last Call Crota Kill

630 EST (time can be pushed to later if teammates need it)

1. Squall ASF
2. Hawkian
3. Fig
4. Greenymac
5. Nami aka Darth RNGeesus

Someone already got it, its still 324.

I got it again after exotics were boosted. Dismantled it. Was same as it was before. Started at 274 and capped at 323 I think. Which is why I sharded it.

Someone did and it was still 323, last page :)

Someone got it already. It's 323 just like before.

Thanks for the replies guys. I still don't have it and I guess it would've been a bit sweeter to get the "newer" version but I guess they are just saving 331 vex myth and legendaries for the next DLC or something.

Top Bottom