• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Jinjo

I'm mostly hyped about the IB guns. Rocket launcher and Handcannon are exactly what I need. Will hunt for the Auto Rifle atleast too.

Bungie definitely stingy again with only the level 32 gloves? Come on man, nobody is waiting for a level 31 chest anymore and IB armor looks so fucking cool. It seems getting a full viable IB set is never gonna happen. Which is absolute bullshit.

Namikaze1

Welcome any and all new Guardian Lords. Many of you don't know but the Guardian Lord rite of passage is to suicide jump off the the beginning of VoG jumping puzzle. Don't worry, your Dinklebot will be there to revive you.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That's the old trick that the first solo player did. Step on and off the circle to fully form the bridge. I guess they didn't patch it out.
Outside of despawning the enemies in the swordbearer room, which I guess is what makes it doable, this is barely cheesy. he fights everything on the other side legitimately, solo. pretty cool honestly. I don't think this highlights anything a "helpless group" could do to trivialize the encounter.

Carbonox

I returned to the game for the first time in months by buying the Expansion Pack.

As a 28 Titan, anything I should keep in mind/strive for or any general tips to getting useful gear/items? I'm noticing a lot of small differences that will no doubt make a difference when taking in to account the full picture. Not to mention updates and what have you preventing original farming methods from being useful anymore.

Basically have to relearn a bunch of things. Gonna be fun yo. But yeah, any tips to keep in mind given the last few updates/expansion pack would be gold.

JTran2003

Hey sorry I do need to run it, but I won't be available until later tonight.

Good luck to you guys though!

Going backwards now. Need to keep moving forward Need 3 for a CE run.

Stereo: what time were you thinking? If we can't get a group now it might have to wait til people get off work. If we can, I'm willing to help if its not too late. Need the practice. =D

Coconut

Banned
I returned to the game for the first time in months by buying the Expansion Pack.

As a 28 Titan, anything I should keep in mind/strive for or any general tips to getting useful gear/items? I'm noticing a lot of small differences that will no doubt make a difference when taking in to account the full picture. Not to mention updates and what have you preventing original farming methods from being useful anymore.

buy new vanguard gear to get to an easy 31.

Outside of despawning the enemies in the swordbearer room, which I guess is what makes it doable, this is barely cheesy. he fights everything on the other side legitimately, solo. pretty cool honestly. I don't think this highlights anything a "helpless group" could do to trivialize the encounter.
despawn, get sword across once, and have everyone snipe while the person across doesn't die

Re-posting for the new page:

Gaf can anyone be a friend and share a Hard Atheon checkpoint?
My friends need the trophy. I wanna help but I dont feel like doing the whole thing...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Basically have to relearn a bunch of things. Gonna be fun yo. But yeah, any tips to keep in mind given the last few updates/expansion pack would be gold.
Best first steps will be to get new Vanguard/Crucible gloves and boots, 75 marks a piece- they'll go a long way toward getting you geared up- and a new Exotic helm, from Xur on Friday and Saturday.

You're primed to run the Vault of Glass if you haven't yet- you familiar with it? Many of the weapons you can get inside are still extremely good, it now drops "new" level Exotic weapons, and you can even use armor pieces as part of the puzzle to get to Level 31 (a chest, for example, to compliment the stuff I listed above would get you there).
What type of news are you looking for?
now that's a solid question.
Whether it was intended or just a bug.
There's absolutely no chance it was intended :p
despawn, get sword across once, and have everyone snipe while the person across doesn't die
If that works I guess? "Players will now be required to cross the bridge in order to complete the bridge encounter" eh?

We'll see what happens. what you've described here is not what was depicted in the video, so I stand by what I said. :p

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It gave me 12 plus 6 more from the CE chests.

No I didn't level up anything using it. Most of the stuff I have is leveled up. Only the TLW and Midi isn't but I don't use them anyway.

Between free 1st CE chest shards and this. I have enough for......

14211006577055eced15538bfb7c07f8a5b28fc5d0.gif

Thought I was going to have to do full three raids after reset but Bungie gave me a late Christmas present.

Haybro

Going backwards now. Need to keep moving forward Need 3 for a CE run.

Stereo: what time were you thinking? If we can't get a group now it might have to wait til people get off work. If we can, I'm willing to help if its not too late. Need the practice. =D

It'll probably be around 8:30 - 9 EST. I'll keep checking the thread to see if any groups are forming up around that time.

Deku Tree

First solo player video I think it was called "causally one manning Crota" or something like that did the same exact strat except that the player DID NOT despawn the enemies in the sword bearer room so it is definitely do-able for a crazy good player without the despawn glitch.

Has anyone tried this? Not convinced that it will work with only one player on the other side. Horrible cheese fixing by Bungie if it does work. I guess it's kind of like the relic holder going below during templar while everyone else uses IB from spawn platform.

No I didn't level up anything using it. Most of the stuff I have is leveled up. Only the TLW and Midi isn't but I don't use them anyway.

Thought I was going to have to do full three raids after reset but Bungie gave me a late Christmas present.

I haven't seen some of those emblems before. How did you acquire them?

LiK

I am honestly tired of Bungie's cluelessness. Just give Radiant mats as a possible drop even if it's low. No one over 30 who did the raids needs constant ass mat drops.

nowai

I am honestly tired of Bungie'a cluelessness. Just give Radiant mats as a possible drop even if it's low. No one over 30 who did the raids needs constant ass mat drops.

I don't know about you, but I'm lumping all of mine together to create some epic space ass.

zewone

I just want to say, all of your characters look very stylish. Congrats on the 32s.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
First solo player video I think it was called "causally one manning Crota" or something like that did the same exact strat except that the player DID NOT despawn the enemies in the sword bearer room so it is definitely do-able for a crazy good player without the despawn glitch.
I thought I remembered that, but didn't want to state it without being sure. So awesome.

JTran2003

Come on Gafers! Let's rally together! Don't make use play in the dark with just half a team! Need three more!

1. Jtran2003
2. Greenymac
3. Zocano

kidko

You prestiged. now delete them all and start again!

Deku Tree

Congrats Kadey all 32! Did you use any Radiant Energies in Weapons or did you convert them all to Rad Shards to put in your armor?

Deku Tree

Can I be the lvl32 swordbearer? Kinda curious to see what the deal about Crota not staying down now.

It's a joke. People who only ever cheesed complained on reddit about how Crota doesn't stay down for very long anymore with video proof. But he stays down for exactly the same amount of time. lolz

Huh, he doesn't stay down?

well I browsed over the last 10 pages, saw some post about Crota getting back up alot faster now. Something along those lines.

edit:
It's a joke. People who only ever cheesed complained on reddit about how Crota doesn't stay down for very long anymore with video proof. But he stays down for exactly the same amount of time. lolz
Ahh okay. I need to stop glancing over things and assuming things as well. haha

I need to do the Crucible part for the Bad JuJu bounty...and was gonna play normal Crucible while all the good players were in Iron Banner...

But that IB Chest Piece is too damn sexy to pass up. Even if it is only 31.

Does anyone have that link to which capture points are the important ones on each map?

Top Bottom