• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Amon-Lau

As always, I wasn't the one to get VEX from the Vog this time around among my teammates, but I did get HAWKMOON from exotic chest, hopefully Xur will open the option to upgrading it next week... :p

If I have Satrienne Rapier should I bother with another nitc? Seems like the only advantage the vendor version has over the rapier is 7 more bullets in a mag.

Probably not, maybe wait for it to drop and see if you get lucky with the perk rolls. Their other scout Badger seems interesting, really high impact. Vanguard also has a great shotty and sniper so I would go there first if you already have a great scout.

Einhandr

Would anyone be interested in creating a group to boost the Triple Play trophy (PS4)? I know, some people find it lame to boost trophies, but this one is going to give me an aneurysm.

There is a way to boost in rumble if you have two fireteams of 3 search for a rumble game at the same time as long as the two fireteam leaders aren't friends on PSN.

At this point I only have Flawless Raider and Triple Play to get before my platinum and anytime I go on a streak or get a triple kill it's never the right class combination.

A full group of six would be ideal, with two classes each. I'll be using my Warlock but I have a Titan available too. I've got someone else from a different forum that is interested already. If anyone else is having as hard a time as I am with this trophy, and is losing sleep over not having it, leave your psn and class here and I'll start a list and get things going once I have 4 others.

todd360

Cool. Hope you can get it sorted out. Looking forward to giving it a listen. You may have already looked at some of these, but here are some podcast hosting sites. I think some of them have free options as well.

http://www.technorms.com/37746/best-sites-to-host-your-podcasts

Thank you for the link.

If US$100 helps this podcast get funded for sync/subscribe functionality via iTunes or some other standard platform I'd happily chip in. Finding 10-20 of us willing to give US$5-10 shouldn't be too hard.

Thank you for offering. I'm trying to see what I can do to keep this as cheap as possible though. I may have figured something out.

Probably not, maybe wait for it to drop and see if you get lucky with the perk rolls. Their other scout Badger seems interesting, really high impact. Vanguard also has a great shotty and sniper so I would go there first if you already have a great scout.

I am working on grinding Crucible to get the rapier. I have NITG and Badger with grear rolls. NITC is better of the two, feels a lot closer to VoC.

Rapier is supposed to be the best one.

Namikaze1

Another great haul for my Hunter in VoG. Ballerhorn and my third Vex lol
Is it Über Gjallarhorn or OG Gjallarhorn? If the latter, trade that shit in for Über Mode.

Wait, don't you already have one? You took some poor Guardian's Gjallarhorn didn't you?

LiK

Is it Über Gjallarhorn or OG Gjallarhorn? If the latter, trade that shit in for Über Mode.

Wait, don't you already have one? You took some poor Guardian's Gjallarhorn didn't you?

Def gonna update it next week if he has it again. No rush

shem935

Banned

I got two drops of the Badger and I really don't like it. Base reload is unbelievably slow and fire rate is as well. Got no perks to combat either of those problems either so I ended up sharding both.

I am working on grinding Crucible to get the rapier. I have NITG and Badger with grear rolls. NITC is better of the two, feels a lot closer to VoC.

Rapier is supposed to be the best one.

Rapier is the best scout rifle I have fired I think. Handles exactly like VOC, plus outlaw and firefly. Stacked with gunslingers trance and chain of woe makes for an awesome time.

Shito

I got two drops of the Badger and I really don't like it. Base reload is unbelievably slow and fire rate is as well. Got no perks to combat either of those problems either so I ended up sharding both.
Bought the vendor one and I really like mine.
I prefer high impact / slow rof for my scout rifles, so I'm ok with this: I prefer popping heads with one shot to having to press the trigger several times for the same result. I use it on a gunslinger, though, with chain of woe, so reload speed is irrelevant. ^^
Only thing I'm missing is the firefly perk...

Will have to grind pvp for that scout rifle everyone is raving about, though. :)

shem935

Banned
Bought the vendor one and I really like mine.
I prefer high impact / slow rof for my scout rifles, so I'm ok with this: I prefer popping heads with one shot to having to press the trigger several times for the same result. I use it on a gunslinger, though, with chain of woe, so reload speed is irrelevant. ^^
Only thing I'm missing is the firefly perk...

Will have to grind pvp for that scout rifle everyone is raving about, though. :)

I use it on my hunter as well but I recognized the need for a new base primary in the stopgap between raid primaries. Warlocks and titan's don't have chain of woe so I figured all around Rapier was my best bet.

It's like a scout rifle fatebringer. Only missing arc damage.

LiK

I think it's better to upgrade it now and not regret it later once Hard Mode is released. With you, that'll make 4 of us with Über Gjallarhorn ready for Hard Mode.

Actually, this would be my second Uber Ballerhorn. I have one maxed at 331 already :)

Man these new hunter gauntlets are amazing. Life saving invisibility when you are hit with melee AND your super regenerates 2x as fast at least from killing enemies. These are two perks that are nothing to scoff at.

Shito

I use it on my hunter as well but I recognized the need for a new base primary in the stopgap between raid primaries. Warlocks and titan's don't have chain of woe so I figured all around Rapier was my best bet.
Yeah, I only use it on my hunter at the moment.
Warlock has hawkmoon and titan is lagging behind with the IB scout rifle. Will probably give him the rapier once I find the strength in me to go play that many crucible matches to get it. ^^

todd360

The first episode of the Mythocast should be available to listen to shortly.

The music is placeholder until I can get a cover of destiny songs or something.

Dunk#7

Golden Gun is atrocious on Atheon. I cringe a little when I see it :X

If you have everybody else shooting Atheon it can be VERY useful for a gunslinger to utilize infinite golden gun to take out EVERY Supplicant. Keeps everybody safe when hoping out of the center.

NEVER use golden gun on Atheon. It only does like 1,500 damage haha

Ice Breaker can do 15,000-20,000 with Weapons of Light on his weak spot

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anyone want to run the nightfall? My daughter just hit level 29 and was hoping to do it, but needs a couple folks.
I will in about 15 mins!
If you have everybody else shooting Atheon it can be VERY useful for a gunslinger to utilize infinite golden gun to take out EVERY Supplicant. Keeps everybody safe when hoping out of the center.

NEVER use golden gun on Atheon. It only does like 1,500 damage haha

Ice Breaker can do 15,000-20,000 with Weapons of Light on his weak spot
My unupgraded, but 2.0 (so 302 attack) Ice Breaker with no WoL did 13k. I can only imagine.

Top Bottom