• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

It was in my inventory. I go to pick up my Secret Handshake from my Vault to upgrade it. I pick it up and head to my inventory. I see I have a few new things in my inventory. I knew they were all green drops since I just did the Buried City bounty. I head to my primary slot and I see it there, sandwich between two green drops.

Bungie is trolling me,

Hilarious.

If I rarely ever play Crucible is there any point in changing from Vanguard rep to Dead Orbit or any of the other factions. It seems they only use crucible marks.

Wish they would change this since I can get faction rep doing PVE but can only spend PVP marks at said faction vendor. Is it an oversight or is that intentional.

Deku Tree

I'd imagine you should be able to buy it multiple times. I bought the Murmur upgrade item for all my alts and it worked even though they were not leveled. It wouldn't let me buy them all at once, but once I put the item in my vault I could buy another one.

It's so strange that you can only hold one of those murmur upgrade things in your inventory or in the vault at once. It does nothing to stop you and it only causes you to look at a few more load screens. And there is no story explaining why holding more than one would violate some principle of the game world that I saw...

Deku Tree

If I rarely ever play Crucible is there any point in changing from Vanguard rep to Dead Orbit or any of the other factions. It seems they only use crucible marks.

Wish they would change this since I can get faction rep doing PVE but can only spend PVP marks at said faction vendor. Is it an oversight or is that intentional.

Well starting at rank 3 you will get upgrade bonus packages that can include weapons and armor from the faction which you are upgrading.

njean777

Anybody looking for somebody for VoG, or Crota raid? Im lvl 30 and need shards bad. PSN is njean777 Let me know on here because I am on my Xbox right now and will switch to ps4 if so.

Namikaze1

Maybe stood near someone who did kill a Blade of Crota yesterday?
It wasn't there yesterday since I switch weapons between my characters. My hunter was the last to use my Titan's main weapons before I placed them in the bank. I switched to my Titan and equipped the weapons. The Husk wasn't in there when I did. That was the last thing I did before logging off last night. I still haven't done the Eris mission today. I did the Buried City bounty and headed back to the Tower once I realized I didn't had Secret Handshake on me.

It's so strange that you can only hold one of those murmur upgrade things in your inventory or in the vault at once. It does nothing to stop you and it only causes you to look at a few more load screens. And there is no story explaining why holding more than one would violate some principle of the game world that I saw...

So many things like this in the game. Like how planetary mats stack at 200 then take up another inventory slot but energy and shards can go on forever.

Like you said just takes more switching and space than anything. Adds annoyance.

We need a bigger vault immediately Bungie.

BokehKing

Banned
I have the Crota Check Point, would love to get some people together so I can finally bea....

Wtf...i was at Crota earlier this week, how come it's starting me back at the beginning when I go there?

Well starting at rank 3 you will get upgrade bonus packages that can include weapons and armor from the faction which you are upgrading.

Do you get a commendation when you hit rank 3? Or after that?

I'm working on getting to Crucible Rank 3 and would hate if I didn't get a commendation for it.

I have New Monarchy to rank 5 so worst case I will do PvE stuff to get a commendation

Namikaze1

Just got to the Gjallarhorn portion of the podcast. How naive we were back then before the glory of the God Killer was made known to Guardians worldwide.

Deku Tree

Do you get a commendation when you hit rank 3? Or after that?

I'm working on getting to Crucible Rank 3 and would hate if I didn't get a commendation for it.

I have New Monarchy to rank 5 so worst case I will do PvE stuff to get a commendation

Commendations start at rank 3 yes.

I thought of that too but every single faction on all my characters are at zero so the idea of grinding all the way to rank 3 again for the chance of getting a single mote of light again turned me off that idea lol

noomi

Going to listen to the podcast now, I saw the link posted earlier. Is this something that would eventually show up on the iphone podcast app?

Namikaze1

Todd, you're probably not reading this but I found 14 Legendary Engrams out in the wild in the past two weeks.

None turned into ass energy/shard.

Hey Hawkian: can we get a link to the podcast in the OP?

This is a good idea!

I listened to it last night and enjoyed it. Had some rough edges for sound quality due to everyone using a different mic and such.

Good discussion. A great start!

As some have suggested having segments is a good idea, weapon of the week or things like that.

Thanks again for all your work Todd and for everyone who were on the podcast too.

Todd, you're probably not reading this but I found 14 Legendary Engrams out in the wild in the past two weeks.

That's crazy. I've had about a dozen or so drop since The Dark Below released and only one turned into a legendary item that wasn't energy/shards.

Gah! Triple post!

Deku Tree

I thought of that too but every single faction on all my characters are at zero so the idea of grinding all the way to rank 3 again for the chance of getting a single mote of light again turned me off that idea lol

Well for me I have tons of commendations and I have all the Vanguard gear that I want so it makes sense for me to start adding rep to the other factions. I'd like to get to rank 3 on all of them on my main.

This talk of so many legendary engram drops blows my mind. I had one drop in the wild last week, it was the first one I'd seen since early October.

Well for me I have tons of commendations and I have all the Vanguard gear that I want so it makes sense for me to start adding rep to the other factions. I'd like to get to rank 3 on all of them on my main.

Yeah I was going to do the same after I get to rank 3 Crucible.

New Monarchy is there. Just need to get the others to rank 3. Just want to have it in case there is anything good in future expansions that they may have.

The rapier is the only weapon I want from any of them right now. I've got all the others I wanted.

Namikaze1

That's crazy. I've had about a dozen or so drop since The Dark Below released and only one turned into a legendary item that wasn't energy/shards.

Gah! Triple post!
I desperately needed this after two weeks of my GF rubbing her exotic/legendary drops in my face. The past two weeks have been great to me. Aside from two Nightfall runs, I've mostly gotten exotics from Nightfall and the 14 LEs.

Deku Tree

I am always using my worst weapons. Destiny forces you to rock your crappiest weapons.
I always try to max out my weapons so I'm forced to roll with unleveled weapons and I always upgrade my favorite weapons first. Then once their maxed I move on to other weapons. So my top weapons end up in the vault and I end up using my worst weapons while trying to max them out. Bungie should have some kind of a better system.

I am always using my worst weapons. Destiny forces you to rock your crappiest weapons.
I always try to max out my weapons so I'm forced to roll with unleveled weapons and I always upgrade my favorite weapons first. Then once their maxed I move on to other weapons. So my top weapons end up in the vault and I end up using my worst weapons while trying to max them out. Bungie should have some kind of a better system.

Unless they have a good use or perk I just don't bother upgrading crappier weapons.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Destiny definitely does not. It does the opposite - allows you to level your weapons without having to use them through quest XP. Really no need to ever bank and not use your best guns.

Carn82

finally did the normal VoG with a bunch of friends. Bunch of shards, energy, fancy huntercape, gloves (gonna shard those I guess) and Atheons Epilogue. not bad.

Namikaze1

I hope that the House of Wolves raid ship doesn't look like Light in the Abyss and Aspect of Glass. Both are the same fucking ship design.

todd360

Going to listen to the podcast now, I saw the link posted earlier. Is this something that would eventually show up on the iphone podcast app?

I will get it on iTunes eventually. We just threw the first episode together fast to see how it would go.

I'll work on making the sound quality better as well for episode 2.

I see all.

2real4tv

Whats the deal with skywatch been here for 1hr and no public events just constant spam of faction wars which makes it impossible to kill that sword guy

Namikaze1

I will get it on iTunes eventually. We just threw the first episode together fast to see how it would go.

I'll work on making the sound quality better as well for episode 2.
A topic you guys should discuss next time is Destiny lore, Grimoire Cards, and what can Bungie do to make them more accessible to the masses for Destiny 2.

I see all.
Oh yeah. What am I doing right now?

Namikaze1

I still see fucking Thanos months later.

B6hCeH7IQAAGjnr.jpg:orig

Top Bottom